Shin Ultraman General Discussion (spoilers!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Shin-Ultraman SPOILER THREAD/REVIEW

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 am Just wondering where these things came from. Wonder if the aliens have the same question.
IIRC, it's due to global warming and other man-made desecrations of the natural world.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri May 27, 2022 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If there was a Shin Ultraseven, could (or should) there be some mention of Zero?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:00 pm If there was a Shin Ultraseven, could (or should) there be some mention of Zero?
No & hell no.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Out curiosity for those who saw the film how was the soundtrack for shin ultraman is it similar to Shirō Sagis's other works or is it different

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

NSZ wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am
LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:00 pm If there was a Shin Ultraseven, could (or should) there be some mention of Zero?
No & hell no.
Why not? I'm guessing you're just getting tired of Zero.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:33 pm
NSZ wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am
No & hell no.
Why not? I'm guessing you're just getting tired of Zero.
Zero is a character invented 42 years after the fact, for starters. No relevance to Anno & Higuchi's childhoods. No business being brought up in a "distill it back to basics & rebuild from there" film.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:44 pm Out curiosity for those who saw the film how was the soundtrack for shin ultraman is it similar to Shirō Sagis's other works or is it different
I've heard it's mostly comprised of Kunio Miyauchi's work from the original Ultraman with new tracks relegated to the final act. We've already heard two of the aforementioned new tracks in promo material and they sound pretty good, very reminiscent of Shin Godzilla's soundtrack.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Zero was created long after Ultraseven's debut. Anno and Higuchi try to get as close to the orginal versions of these characters as possible such as concept designs and even early rumors.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:24 am
Zero was created long after Ultraseven's debut. Anno and Higuchi try to get as close to the original versions of these characters as possible such as concept designs and even early rumors.
That's a very rigid approach if you ask me.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue May 31, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:14 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:24 am
Zero was created long after Ultraseven's debut. Anno and Higuchi try to get as close to the original versions of these characters as possible such as concept designs and even early rumors.
That's a very rigid approach if you ask me.
I wouldn't say so, considering the screwballs they've thrown so far.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm I wouldn't say so, considering the screwballs they've thrown so far.
Just in the same way Shin Godzilla is pretty faithful to the original Godzilla film, Shin Ultraman is pretty faithful to both Ultra Q and Ultraman 66. If I had to hazard a guess, Anno and Higuchi probably do not care about some random Tsuburaya creations that have no connection to their original media. I'm sort of upset that the idea of a Shin Ultraman leads to people wanting more. While sometimes it can be fun, a major problem with the modern Ultraman franchise is how bloated it is, and Shin Ultraman fixed that.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:24 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:44 pm I wouldn't say so, considering the screwballs they've thrown so far.
Just in the same way Shin Godzilla is pretty faithful to the original Godzilla film, Shin Ultraman is pretty faithful to both Ultra Q and Ultraman 66. If I had to hazard a guess, Anno and Higuchi probably do not care about some random Tsuburaya creations that have no connection to their original media. I'm sort of upset that the idea of a Shin Ultraman leads to people wanting more. While sometimes it can be fun, a major problem with the modern Ultraman franchise is how bloated it is, and Shin Ultraman fixed that.
What I meant by screwball is that while they're faithful to the themes and tone of the source material, they aren't full-on remakes and a lot of crazy new turns have been made. Godzilla's evolution, the three-stage atomic breath, spine and tail lasers, and the whole splitting human thing. And from what little I know about the final battle of Shin Ultraman, about the same applies.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:19 pm What I meant by screwball is that while they're faithful to the themes and tone of the source material, they aren't full-on remakes and a lot of crazy new turns have been made. Godzilla's evolution, the three-stage atomic breath, spine and tail lasers, and the whole splitting human thing. And from what little I know about the final battle of Shin Ultraman, about the same applies.
Agreed to the tenth power on this one.

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

So, Kenshi Yonezu's YouTube account has just released a new Music Video, with a ton of footage from Shin Ultraman that was either absent from or altered in the trailers:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^ I'm suprised just how much is shown here.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JNewbold54 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:43 pm So, Kenshi Yonezu's YouTube account has just released a new Music Video, with a ton of footage from Shin Ultraman that was either absent from or altered in the trailers:

You seem to be having the same issues with uploading Youtube videos here as I do.

oku
Yojimbo

Post by oku »

"Shin Ultraman" North American Premiere is coming to the Fantasia International Film Festival.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/43073 ... d-polaris/

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Finally found the new footage episode of Shin Ultra Fight. It is gloriously low-budget and I am in love.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

oku wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:47 am "Shin Ultraman" North American Premiere is coming to the Fantasia International Film Festival.

That's much sooner than the gap between Shin's Japanese release and Shin's international release. I hope the thing comes out in theaters and then streaming soon after so more people can see it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:25 pm
oku wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:47 am "Shin Ultraman" North American Premiere is coming to the Fantasia International Film Festival.

That's much sooner than the gap between Shin's Japanese release and Shin's international release. I hope the thing comes out in theaters and then streaming soon after so more people can see it.
Streaming yes but I would definately buy this movie on bluray when it comes out.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4