Shin Ultraman General Discussion (spoilers!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Kaijuboi
Yojimbo

Re: Shin-Ultraman SPOILER THREAD/REVIEW

Post by Kaijuboi »

im currently making a mediafire folder with all the shin ultraman concept art and stuff from the book
that way people can get the concept art more easily

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:45 am with the success with shin godzilla and now look like shin ultraman is success, and shin kamen rider coming soon. what are the chances of gamera getting the shin treatment or toho decides to make shin godzilla 2, or have Hideaki Anno Shinji Higuchi do another movie similar to shin but with other toho monsters for example mothra, rodan, varan, king caesar, or the gargantuas.

as for shin ultraman 2 (if it happens) i would not mind if they have eleking, red king, gomora, and alien baltan make an appearance
Gomora deserves a stand alone movie. Shin Gomora as a part of the new "Shin Universe" of Toho 8-)
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I have a feeling Shin Ultraman 2 is a secret Return of Ultraman adaptation. So maybe Baltan will come back but I doubt any notable monsters from the original Ultraman will.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:59 am I have a feeling Shin Ultraman 2 is a secret Return of Ultraman adaptation. So maybe Baltan will come back but I doubt any notable monsters from the original Ultraman will.
That.. would make sense actually. Jack was just supposed to be Ultraman until Tsuburaya decided to make him a whole new Ultra. In that case, it would just be Man's continuing adventures with some of the ROU kaiju thrown in.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:59 am I have a feeling Shin Ultraman 2 is a secret Return of Ultraman adaptation. So maybe Baltan will come back but I doubt any notable monsters from the original Ultraman will.
That.. would make sense actually. Jack was just supposed to be Ultraman until Tsuburaya decided to make him a whole new Ultra. In that case, it would just be Man's continuing adventures with some of the ROU kaiju thrown in.
Yup. I'm guessing Zoffy would take the place of Showa Man and Ultraseven to give Shinman the Ultra Bracelet.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

makes sense since Return of Ultraman was his favorite Ultra Show, and baltan was in returns so they could use him

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Baltan, Gomorah, maybe Zetton II in the Return of Shin Ultraman?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 pm Baltan, Gomorah, maybe Zetton II in the Return of Shin Ultraman?
And Don't forget Red King. Perhaps Gomora could eventually turn against the bad guys and end up joining Ultraman.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:37 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 pm Baltan, Gomorah, maybe Zetton II in the Return of Shin Ultraman?
And Don't forget Red King. Perhaps Gomora could eventually turn against the bad guys and end up joining Ultraman.
I doubt it. Gomora wasn't a hero until a whole 50 years after his debut.

And besides, I'm not sure Anno will use more 1966 kaiju for Shin 2. That is, if my theory is right about it being a RoU adaptation.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:44 pm

And besides, I'm not sure Anno will use more 1966 kaiju for Shin 2. That is, if my theory is right about it being a RoU adaptation.
Who says Shin 2 can't a blend of Ultraman '66 and RoU?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

He probaly won't won't as he and Higuchi are good about as using as much of the orginal premise as possible. I just thought maybe Gomora could sneak in due to his popularity and Baltan as Ultraman's nemesis but it probably would be RoU kaiju.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I think Baltan and RoU kaiju would be great. A Return of Shin Ultraman is a brilliant premise and something I wasn’t thinking of until you all mentioned it.

I could see Gomora and Red King being brought in. I don’t think they need to though.

Baltan and Pigmon….great mix of the worst and best of kaiju/sejin would be my choice from Ultraman 66.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'd love if Shin Pigmon was a thing, preferably not designed by Maeda.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

.... it's Twintail's time to shine!

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Kingsaurus III's time to shine

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

First few minutes of Shin Ultraman, only available for 2 days.
https://youtu.be/cISjYRdXuNc

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Denis wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:08 am First few minutes of Shin Ultraman, only available for 2 days.
https://youtu.be/cISjYRdXuNc
Awesome. Well now everyone can enjoy it, and understand why the Shin thing is a bit difficult to say.

Man, when the music started playing and Gomess appeared in the theater it was one of the most surreal experiences I’ve had in a theater.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So Larugeus actually lived?

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Return of Shin Ultraman

or

Shin Return of Ultraman

?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Just wondering where these things came from. Wonder if the aliens have the same question.