Heisei lives!-Godzilla Fes (2021)-Some sort of new live action short?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Heisei lives!-Godzilla Fes (2021)-Some sort of new live action short?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Unsurprisingly, there will be another GFES this year, held online.

https://godzilla.store/gfes/2021/

Apparently, the first item on the list, is a special effects short film, directed by 中川和博! I believe this is by the same guy that directed that other one with the revamped 54 suit. The guy refers to it as a “mini-movie”. I have to wonder, if it’ll be 2 mins, or 10 minutes? Will another monster return?

You can see a brief preview of it at 1:15:

HEISEI SUIT BACK BABY
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Heisei lives!-Godzilla Fes (2021)-Some sort of new live action short?

Post by Gigantis »

That suit actually looks fantastic!.. save for the mouth not moving.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 amApparently, the first item on the list, is a special effects short film, directed by 中川和博! I believe this is by the same guy that directed that other one with the revamped 54 suit. The guy refers to it as a “mini-movie”. I have to wonder, if it’ll be 2 mins, or 10 minutes? Will another monster return?
With "that other one with the revamped 54 suit" do you mean that coffee commercial? It's the only video I remember seeing with that suit to date, which is a shame because it's darn nice and deserves more use - hopefully it will see it. If you were referring to something else I missed I'd love to know about it!

I don't think another monster will show, it's a mini-movie so I imagine the budget was such that remaking the Heisei suit was as much as they could do suit-wise. Think you'd need a full movie or show to justify more than one monster suit.
You can see a brief preview of it at 1:15:

HEISEI SUIT BACK BABY
It looks great, love what little we see of the city destruction.
Gigantis wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:27 am That suit actually looks fantastic!.. save for the mouth not moving.
Yeah, the open mouth is very noticeable here. Guess they didn't have the budget for the mechanical bits that make the mouth open and close?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Perfect timing, here's the short from last year. If there'll be a "sequel" to this, hope it's just as fun!

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^They didn’t bother to make the suit’s jaws move.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Vakanai wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:02 pm

With "that other one with the revamped 54 suit" do you mean that coffee commercial? It's the only video I remember seeing with that suit to date, which is a shame because it's darn nice and deserves more use - hopefully it will see it. If you were referring to something else I missed I'd love to know about it!
I think he's talking about the one for the Eiji Tsuburaya museum,

Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am
Vakanai wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:02 pm

I think he's talking about the one for the Eiji Tsuburaya museum,

Did Toho manage to preserve the suit? Wonder what it's being used for now.