Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

Post by Shenanigans »

Wait, so you're telling me this isn't how the series ends?

(Note: This is a real display at the Godzilla Store.)

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:00 am Wait, so you're telling me this isn't how the series ends?

(Note: This is a real display at the Godzilla Store.)
That’s completely how it ends. Really beautiful the way they pull it off. :JetJaguar:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

I watched the finale episode of Godzilla Singular Point last night, & HOLY TYRANNOSAURUS REX CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will admit the series does have a slow burn, but unlike the Polygon anime trilogy which was bogged down mostly thanks to its boring human characters & poor execution on what monsters there in that trilogy, Singular Point managed to keep me invested thanks to its variety of Human characters, each of which have their own unique look and personality. Hell the human characters in Singular Point are pretty much everything that the Polygon trilogy & yes even the Monsterverse series WISHED they had, easily my favorite characters in this series are Mei, Pero 2, Yun, Oldman Goro, BB, and even some of the side characters like Kanoko(who I swear if based off Kayoko Anne Patterson from Shin Gojira), Dr. Li, Michael Steven, even BB’s daughter Rina. As for the monster action, well, lets just say they definitely took notes from Shin Gojira and even some of the classic Showa era Godzilla films, as well as even the Heisei Gamera films. It’s also nice to finally see a Godzilla anime that not only has some of the more obscure monsters, but also some new monsters based of classic Toho Kaiju(Sarunga being a cross between Gabara & Baragon). As much as I love seeing Monsters like King Ghidorah, & Mechagodzilla I kinda glad we didn’t see them in this anime, at least not yet that is ;) . This anime’s version of Godzilla has now instantly become one of my favorite depictions of the King of the monsters himself, & I cannot wait for the Monsterarts figure of Godzilla Ultima to arrive. There’s a lot I wanna talk about but I don’t want to spoil anything for those who are waiting for the series to be released here in the US on Netlfix, overall I’m happy to say that I very much enjoyed this anime, despite some minor nitpicks, as of now all I can say is that if Shin Gojira is the best thing to happen to the Godzilla franchise in the Reiwa Era, Godzilla Singular Point is next line.
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

kaiju115 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:13 pm I watched the finale episode of Godzilla Singular Point last night, & HOLY TYRANNOSAURUS REX CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will admit the series does have a slow burn, but unlike the Polygon anime trilogy which was bogged down mostly thanks to its boring human characters & poor execution on what monsters there in that trilogy, Singular Point managed to keep me invested thanks to its variety of Human characters, each of which have their own unique look and personality. Hell the human characters in Singular Point are pretty much everything that the Polygon trilogy & yes even the Monsterverse series WISHED they had, easily my favorite characters in this series are Mei, Pero 2, Yun, Oldman Goro, BB, and even some of the side characters like Kanoko(who I swear if based off Kayoko Anne Patterson from Shin Gojira), Dr. Li, Michael Steven, even BB’s daughter Rina. As for the monster action, well, lets just say they definitely took notes from Shin Gojira and even some of the classic Showa era Godzilla films, as well as even the Heisei Gamera films. It’s also nice to finally see a Godzilla anime that not only has some of the more obscure monsters, but also some new monsters based of classic Toho Kaiju(Sarunga being a cross between Gabara & Baragon). As much as I love seeing Monsters like King Ghidorah, & Mechagodzilla I kinda glad we didn’t see them in this anime, at least not yet that is ;) . This anime’s version of Godzilla has now instantly become one of my favorite depictions of the King of the monsters himself, & I cannot wait for the Monsterarts figure of Godzilla Ultima to arrive. There’s a lot I wanna talk about but I don’t want to spoil anything for those who are waiting for the series to be released here in the US on Netlfix, overall I’m happy to say that I very much enjoyed this anime, despite some minor nitpicks, as of now all I can say is that if Shin Gojira is the best thing to happen to the Godzilla franchise in the Reiwa Era, Godzilla Singular Point is next line.
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you haven’t checked it out, there is a spoiler thread where you can write your thoughts. Glad you enjoyed it so much because I really adored it as well!

Edit: the thread link.
viewtopic.php?p=1841997#p1841997
Last edited by CyberZilla on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

There's a Pero 2 plush on the way from FaNeMa if anyone's interested. Mei's VO actress Yume Miyamoto had this during a livestream, which I assume will be the plush in question. Cute!

Added in 1 hour 32 minutes 37 seconds:
Shenanigans wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:52 am There's a Pero 2 plush on the way from FaNeMa if anyone's interested. Mei's VO actress Yume Miyamoto had this during a livestream, which I assume will be the plush in question. Cute!
Oh shit there's a Rodan too! And its based on the Rodan plush that's in the show itself! I might hate this Rodan design, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want this!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Very excited to finally see this tomorrow!

I hear it's got rather complex 'hard sci-fi' element, so for this first viewing I think I'll go with the English dub, making it's just a little easier to absorb on this first viewing.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I want my Godzilla NOW, Netflix. it's Thursday, DROP THAT SHIT
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

When does it drop? Is Godzilla SP still caught in the internet tubes?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I assume after the final episode airs on Japanese TV today^^
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:02 pm I assume after the final episode airs on Japanese TV today^^
nope, it just had to hit midnight on the west coast where Netflix HQ is located. I'm watching it now.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

10 minutes in and I'm having Bonzi Buddy flashbacks
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, Singular Point's out on Netflix. Going to start in 3, 2, 1.

Added in 7 minutes 28 seconds:
Jeez, Yamamoto's English VA sucks.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

How's the audio mix when watching the dub for everyone? Could be my settings but the music overpowers the dialog.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yeah, the music is a bit overpowering in some scenes, but the dialogue is still understandable. Weirdly, the Japanese audio is silent for me; I tried watching the first minute or so, then switched to the dub once I realized that the silence wasn't deliberate. There's enough rapid-fire dialogue that I think I'm better off watching with the dub, anyway, so no immediate problem.

That said, I'm two episodes in. All RIGHT, this is just slightly more what I had in mind when I first heard that we were getting Godzilla anime. Bright colors! Appealing art! Fun, quirky characters! Monsters that can actually move, fight, and display personality! Jet Jaguar silencing tears and bringing tears to the silent! I love it. I'm really enjoying the strange setting, combining Monsterverse-esque ancient mythology with cryptids, interdimensional shenanigans, and other paranormal phenomena. That's an angle the Godzilla franchise has never really explored, so fresh territory. Good stuff.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Honestly, I'm just really excited to get some new Godzilla content. Especially something from Japan. Honestly, every time something new comes out in this franchise, it takes me back to that first 2014 trailer. I get super giddy.
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

On the subject of merchandizing I love that Mei's Donut! shirt is available.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Up to episode four now. Okay, it does get a little talky and techno-babbly sometimes, but at least there's nice lively music and an AI doggie accompanying the droning, so it's not excessively boring.

And I like that we're getting inventive, improvised approaches to countering the monsters, as opposed to standard military assaults. Nothing against the old standbys, of course, but this kind of thing is also cool.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Up to episode six. It was so great seeing the main kaiju of these two eps in action again. I'm glad they were able to give him some interesting new abilities without going overboard, and if
Spoiler:
he had to lose his fight, (and of course he did, it's tradition) at least he went down swinging and more or less took Jet Jaguar with him.
The naval engagement scene was cool, too, and the follow-up should be exciting.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Finished up to episode 8. I really enjoy basically everything about it; characters, kaiju, music, acting, everything. But something isn't quite clicking for me. Excited to see the rest of it, though. The opening credits are a banger.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:42 am Okay, it does get a little talky and techno-babbly sometimes
What I don't like about this is that they throw you into it right away and then keep piling it on. It's been hard to follow at times. I decided a few days before release that i'd only be watching one episode a day and now I'm glad I took that approach because it gives me some time to process all the exposition in these early episodes. :P
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.