Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 12

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:23 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 pm Image
So apparently this scene was created for the trailer exclusively and likely not included in the actual show, which is probably why the atomic breath looks different.
[citation needed]
^^
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:23 pmthen again wouldn't surprise me
why do you say that?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So apparently this scene was created for the trailer exclusively and likely not included in the actual show, which is probably why the atomic breath looks different.
Assuming you're right (I trust you), that's a bit strange of a choice. That would be the only thing in the trailer that was not shown. And why not at that point, use a nice bit of trickery, to just insert into the show? I don't think fans would be that bothered if Godzilla has two atomic beams or breath types. Very confused about that.

Anyways, tonight is the finale. I'm worried. I think SP overall is great, as in it's a great entry into the franchise, but there's either so much missed potential or possibly under developed things that I'm a bit concerned.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 am
Assuming you're right (I trust you), that's a bit strange of a choice. That would be the only thing in the trailer that was not shown. And why not at that point, use a nice bit of trickery, to just insert into the show? I don't think fans would be that bothered if Godzilla has two atomic beams or breath types. Very confused about that.

Anyways, tonight is the finale. I'm worried. I think SP overall is great, as in it's a great entry into the franchise, but there's either so much missed potential or possibly under developed things that I'm a bit concerned.
helicopter scene wasn't shown yet either IIRC
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 am

That's why I'm hoping there's a season 2. It just seems like there is way more to explore. I just can't see how this in a satisfactory way in one episode. Guess, I'll find out when I wake up.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

I hope monsters like Salunga can come back in other series maybe with a more distinct design from Gabara and with a proper arc. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I feel as if a lot of the monsters in this show don't really feel like characters and more like devices. I get what they were going for with the Mandas and Rodans and stuff but to me the impact of their backstory is kind of cheapened when they all do onscreen is just kinda die. Just some untapped potential is all lol.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

I'm so pumped for this finale, it'll hurt if it's not good. I feel that the people behind this series are talented enough to wrap things up cleanly, or create a path for a second season. I've got faith.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

"citation needed"
then again wouldn't surprise me

Says it's a special VFX cut made for the trailer only.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 am
Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:29 pm
"citation needed"

Its interesting how they wouldn't use the atomic breath from the show, and create something new. Either way its kind of cool how we have probably only seen one shot of Godzilla Ultima from the finale, that being him and the helicopter.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

If that scene is even in the show. It wouldn't surprise me if it was also made up or just a potentially unfinished shot, but I think its real at the moment.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

phillipw1954 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 am
Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 am

"citation needed"

Its interesting how they wouldn't use the atomic breath from the show, and create something new. Either way its kind of cool how we have probably only seen one shot of Godzilla Ultima from the finale, that being him and the helicopter.
I'm not so sure. Tokyo's covered entirely in red dust and that shot looks awfully clear. Plus, Ultima looks about the same height he was before. I think it might be a trailer-only, too.

Added in 26 seconds:
Also, consider this my last post in the thread. I wanna experience this series as fresh as I can on the 24th.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voddak wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 am I hope monsters like Salunga can come back in other series maybe with a more distinct design from Gabara and with a proper arc. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I feel as if a lot of the monsters in this show don't really feel like characters and more like devices. I get what they were going for with the Mandas and Rodans and stuff but to me the impact of their backstory is kind of cheapened when they all do onscreen is just kinda die. Just some untapped potential is all lol.
I agree with this, but hopefully we'll be wrong. We'll know very shortly and I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Anyways 26 mins until the finale. I hope it's good. Depending on what is resolved and isn't my entire perception of the series might change. Also, note at that time, I'll change the thread title to Godzilla Singular Point General Discussion (SPOILERS).

Honestly, even if the finale is bad or good, I'm gonna miss this. I'm going to miss the weekly speculations, feedback and conversations I've been reading on here, reddit and some YouTube videos (the monstrosities guy). For me, it's been a special journey. I've been waiting until 12 am each day when I should be getting to sleep. We've never had other events or conversations like this, weekly ones. The Godzilla franchise has always been about discussing something that is a bit relegated to the past, or discussing the build up to something for months, only to be instantly proven wrong or right about something. This felt like an ongoing discussion, and I loved every moment of it.

I hope episode 13 delivers a satisfying conclusion. Not everything needs to be answered, but it needs to feel more like there's a clear inspiration and plan behind it. If there's a season 2, or set up for a second season, I hope this resolves enough to feeling like a satisfying conclusion. That's all I want from episode 13: a satisfying conclusion to what we've seen so far.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

We are finally here. I can't wait to see what happens. A little worried at the same time LOL

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 am
Voddak wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 am I hope monsters like Salunga can come back in other series maybe with a more distinct design from Gabara and with a proper arc. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I feel as if a lot of the monsters in this show don't really feel like characters and more like devices. I get what they were going for with the Mandas and Rodans and stuff but to me the impact of their backstory is kind of cheapened when they all do onscreen is just kinda die. Just some untapped potential is all lol.
I agree with this, but hopefully we'll be wrong. We'll know very shortly and I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Anyways 26 mins until the finale. I hope it's good. Depending on what is resolved and isn't my entire perception of the series might change. Also, note at that time, I'll change the thread title to Godzilla Singular Point General Discussion (SPOILERS).

Honestly, even if the finale is bad or good, I'm gonna miss this. I'm going to miss the weekly speculations, feedback and conversations I've been reading on here, reddit and some YouTube videos (the monstrosities guy). For me, it's been a special journey. I've been waiting until 12 am each day when I should be getting to sleep. We've never had other events or conversations like this, weekly ones. The Godzilla franchise has always been about discussing something that is a bit relegated to the past, or discussing the build up to something for months, only to be instantly proven wrong or right about something. This felt like an ongoing discussion, and I loved every moment of it.

I hope episode 13 delivers a satisfying conclusion. Not everything needs to be answered, but it needs to feel more like there's a clear inspiration and plan behind it. If there's a season 2, or set up for a second season, I hope this resolves enough to feeling like a satisfying conclusion. That's all I want from episode 13: a satisfying conclusion to what we've seen so far.
Yeah the whole episodic thing is really cool for discussion. I know it's a little early to say this but I wouldn't mind another show featuring a smaller and less ridiculously OP godzilla who actually goes around and grapples with the military physically. Kinda like an episodic 1954 retelling. But until then let's see what SP has to offer for its big conclusion.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 am Honestly, even if the finale is bad or good, I'm gonna miss this. I'm going to miss the weekly speculations, feedback and conversations I've been reading on here, reddit and some YouTube videos (the monstrosities guy). For me, it's been a special journey. I've been waiting until 12 am each day when I should be getting to sleep. We've never had other events or conversations like this, weekly ones. The Godzilla franchise has always been about discussing something that is a bit relegated to the past, or discussing the build up to something for months, only to be instantly proven wrong or right about something. This felt like an ongoing discussion, and I loved every moment of it.
Oh yeah definitely. It's been a fun ride for the last 13 weeks.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 am Honestly, even if the finale is bad or good, I'm gonna miss this. I'm going to miss the weekly speculations, feedback and conversations I've been reading on here, reddit and some YouTube videos (the monstrosities guy). For me, it's been a special journey. I've been waiting until 12 am each day when I should be getting to sleep. We've never had other events or conversations like this, weekly ones. The Godzilla franchise has always been about discussing something that is a bit relegated to the past, or discussing the build up to something for months, only to be instantly proven wrong or right about something. This felt like an ongoing discussion, and I loved every moment of it.
Same. That's why it's such a shame TV seems to be going more and more towards just releasing in all-in-one batches. Episodic releases really encourage this kind of quality community engagement and group speculation that I've enjoyed so much here. It's been a wild ride, lads, and I'm glad I got to share it with y'all.

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Title for the final episode:はじまりのふたり
Looks like many Japanese fans managed to get it right.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

What happens in Episode 13?

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

This was the most fun I've had with this franchise in years. I'll miss the usual bunch here, but hey, the ride was fun.

Now let's see more Mothra!!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

GojiSquid wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:59 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 am
Same. That's why it's such a shame TV seems to be going more and more towards just releasing in all-in-one batches. Episodic releases really encourage this kind of quality community engagement and group speculation that I've enjoyed so much here. It's been a wild ride, lads, and I'm glad I got to share it with y'all.
I couldn't agree more. Honestly having a Godzilla series that's current is such a sweet thing to have. Like, just being able to discuss each episode with people and theorize has been such a treat. I think SP's characteristic of making it so people don't know where its going next has really helped in that case.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Wow that finale was just... Jet Jaguar is the true protagonist of this story.