Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by vastatosaurus »

I'm expecting either 'JJ vs insect monsters scene' or 'Godzilla Amphibia vs military scene' to be shown in today's episode. Hopefully both. I'm already satisfying with this series but it would be definitely better if we have more, frequent action scenes.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

RIP me thought it would be out by the time I woke up this morning 😔

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 pm I'm expecting either 'JJ vs insect monsters scene' or 'Godzilla Amphibia vs military scene' to be shown in today's episode. Hopefully both. I'm already satisfying with this series but it would be definitely better if we have more, frequent action scenes.
Yes, I agree. Watching the series in full, I like the Rodan vs JJ fight, and the episodes involving Angurius, but we really need something that showcases the brief level of excitement we’ve seen for a longer period. I’m really hoping they saved a lot of the longer action for the second half of the series, and that we can see some exciting fighting and action.
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 am RIP me thought it would be out by the time I woke up this morning 😔
If you’re waiting for episode 8 and watching it on Netflix, it’ll be out in 45 mins.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:17 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 pm I'm expecting either 'JJ vs insect monsters scene' or 'Godzilla Amphibia vs military scene' to be shown in today's episode. Hopefully both. I'm already satisfying with this series but it would be definitely better if we have more, frequent action scenes.
Yes, I agree. Watching the series in full, I like the Rodan vs JJ fight, and the episodes involving Angurius, but we really need something that showcases the brief level of excitement we’ve seen for a longer period. I’m really hoping they saved a lot of the longer action for the second half of the series, and that we can see some exciting fighting and action.
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 am RIP me thought it would be out by the time I woke up this morning 😔
If you’re waiting for episode 8 and watching it on Netflix, it’ll be out in 45 mins.
I'll be at work lol, should be able to use my VPN on mobile you'd think tho right?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Episode 8 was lit.

Moved the plot along while also giving us a fair amount of action. I was surprised by the Hedorah/Kumonga/Gigan/Kamacuras/Megalon things being one creature. I initially speculated it would all be separate entities, but here we are; the most interesting hyrbid ever.

Glad to finally see more Mandas, and actually a full profile of their bodies. I loved the scene with Jet Jaguar and the kids alongside the beach.

Loved episode 8.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:23 am Episode 8 was lit.

Moved the plot along while also giving us a fair amount of action. I was surprised by the Hedorah/Kumonga/Gigan/Kamacuras/Megalon things being one creature. I initially speculated it would all be separate entities, but here we are; the most interesting hyrbid ever.

Glad to finally see more Mandas, and actually a full profile of their bodies. I loved the scene with Jet Jaguar and the kids alongside the beach.

Loved episode 8.
Saw a Japanese stating that the “Hedorah” was in fact the Arthropod monster regenerating. Is it true ?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am Saw a Japanese stating that the “Hedorah” was in fact the Arthropod monster regenerating. Is it true ?
Yes. There's these bug monsters that appear by the port where a Manda has died. We've seen it in trailers, but it's essentially Kumonga x Megalon x Gigan, with design elements from all three. Jet Jaguar makes quick work of the first one that appears, but then mysterious blue goop starts to leak out. Later in the episode more of these bugs appear, and JJ fights them off pretty well. At the end of the episode the "nest" reveals many more of these insect monsters, but things get stranger where their bodies start to reform using the blue goo and you can see clear "hedorah" like monsters emerging. Curious what the relationship here is.

Added in 15 minutes 10 seconds:
Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 8)
It's a shame that most likely we've seen the last of Amphibia, but damn it does something shocking. I like that it has gas breath, and then explodes basically. The shot of it charging up is right out of Shin.

I guess episode 9 will probably be about whatever the next form is, and episode 10 will be pure Ultima and then building up to the climax.

Lmao a guy in the episode is wearing a "Dagahra hat".
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 12, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 am
BennettCommando wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:27 am Saw a Japanese stating that the “Hedorah” was in fact the Arthropod monster regenerating. Is it true ?
Yes. There's these bug monsters that appear by the port where a Manda has died. We've seen it in trailers, but it's essentially Kumonga x Megalon x Gigan, with design elements from all three. Jet Jaguar makes quick work of the first one that appears, but then mysterious blue goop starts to leak out. Later in the episode more of these bugs appear, and JJ fights them off pretty well. At the end of the episode the "nest" reveals many more of these insect monsters, but things get stranger where their bodies start to reform using the blue goo and you can see clear "hedorah" like monsters emerging. Curious what the relationship here is.

Added in 15 minutes 10 seconds:
It's a shame that most likely we've seen the last of Amphibia, but damn it does something shocking. I like that it has gas breath, and then explodes basically. The shot of it charging up is right out of Shin.

I guess episode 9 will probably be about whatever the next form is, and episode 10 will be pure Ultima and then building up to the climax.

Lmao a guy in the episode is wearing a "Dagahra hat".
Yog perhaps? Possessing the bodies of the ibugs?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

There were more monster parts in episode 8 than I expected.

The opening sequence was very similar to Shin Godzilla vibe.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am There were more monster parts in episode 8 than I expected.

The opening sequence was very similar to Shin Godzilla vibe.
Yeah, and many monsters too. I figure from here on out it'll be Ootaki crew action while Mei finishes the exposition.

Also, skip to 10:45-50ish. There's a strange mask on the wall. It's green, and has a similar look to Sarunga's teeth. Also, it has a mane, made out Godzilla fins...
Maybe that leak by Stefanos was right!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:59 am Also, skip to 10:45-50ish. There's a strange mask on the wall. It's green, and has a similar look to Sarunga's teeth. Also, it has a mane, made out Godzilla fins...
Which part of the leak are you talking about?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:12 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:59 am Also, skip to 10:45-50ish. There's a strange mask on the wall. It's green, and has a similar look to Sarunga's teeth. Also, it has a mane, made out Godzilla fins...
Which part of the leak are you talking about?
Something mentioned a monster with a lions mane that evolves from Sarunga, a sort of big monster that'll rival Godzilla in the climax. Sure enough, we see a mask with interesting Godzilla fins for a mane, on a green face with baboon like teeth. I'm not going to say it's "Bagan" but it's some big new monster alright. Mei and Pelops 2 discuss competition and it's likely the two are competitors.

Remember, there was a leak for the treadmarks for the new monsters too. I feel like they'll label the insects as one monster (the insect and the parasite) or the insects will be called Kumonga and the parasite will be called Hedorah. Hence...we have at least one new name for a monster.

It could also be said that the insect monsters are also part Shockirus. They're sealouse afecterall and emerged possibly from Manda.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

This series gets better and better by the episode
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:17 am Remember, there was a leak for the treadmarks for the new monsters too. I feel like they'll label the insects as one monster (the insect and the parasite) or the insects will be called Kumonga and the parasite will be called Hedorah. Hence...we have at least one new name for a monster.
So if the bugs & parasite all end up under one moniker (most likely Kamanga), and with Sharanga/Sarunga/Salunga/Sarnga accounted for, that just leaves one question...

Who's Hanenga?
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

NSZ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 am So if the bugs & parasite all end up under one moniker (most likely Kamanga), and with Sharanga/Sarunga/Salunga/Sarnga accounted for, that just leaves one question...

Who's Hanenga?
Well we still have a bit till the end of the show. Maybe they're keeping some of the monsters a secret still.

Well, that or they're saving it for another Godzilla project.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Rewatching the series from the beginning, I never saw those Hedorah drawings in the first scene of the first episode.

Please don’t set up Ghidorah as a big bad. Yes I love the character but am kind of burnt out on Ghiddy.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am Rewatching the series from the beginning, I never saw those Hedorah drawings in the first scene of the first episode.

Please don’t set up Ghidorah as a big bad. Yes I love the character but am kind of burnt out on Ghiddy.
We all are at this point.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

TyrantGojira wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 am
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am Rewatching the series from the beginning, I never saw those Hedorah drawings in the first scene of the first episode.

We all are at this point.
I'm hoping, if not Sarunga, then its either a kaiju we haven't seen in years or a completely new monster.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed May 12, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

There are some people on the Godzilla subreddit hailing that “leak” as 100% true despite a lot of its aspects one could easily inference from the OP alone, and some parts not even making any sense (how could the Rodan with Godzilla spines not be related to Godzilla at all???)

Seeing how gullible this fandom is makes me want to pull my eyeballs out :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

How are they setting him up? I've watched all the episodes so far and haven't seen anything.

Also if Jet Jaguar dies, we riot.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: