Monster Discussion #38: Titanosaurus

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Re: Monster Discussion #38: Titanosaurus

Post by GojirO »

I like KaijuSamurai's rendition of titanosaurus for his godzilla nero series
Rest in Peace Victoria

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

First time I saw the daikaiju was the VHS trailer that was after Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero. Rather scary looking bloke.

Anywho, the Paul Roche/ Chris Scalf cover for issue forty-nine of G-FAN, featured an undersea battle between Godzilla and Titansaurus. While the dueling daikaiju slug it out on the ocean floor. The debris from the sea fleet that got caught in their battle, sinks to the sea floor as their battle continues. Something I'd love to see in a future Toho flick if they choose to resurrect the Big Red Seahorse.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Ya know
It reminds me that he has a name of a real dinosaur and its not even related to it
Still terror of mechagodzilla is my favorite cause it has him.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A saurpod wouldn't look as cool as fish/lizard hybrid Titanosaurus.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

I like him. He got a really good update in Unleashed. :mrgreen:
AKA Jamie.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

OMG I have to stop saying this but, Titano is my favorite hands down. His inclusion in ToMG was perfect, and I wish he was included again. Sad. A lot of people like him. His tail is absolutely amazing. It completes him.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

One of Godzilla's most memorable foes, even though his design is simple compared to Mechagodzilla. We also have to thank him for participating in what is arguably the greatest fight scene in the entire FRANCHISE.

Good job Titanosaurus!
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

2 Up 2 Down
Yojimbo

Post by 2 Up 2 Down »

Gothicserpent wrote:One of Godzilla's most memorable foes, even though his design is simple compared to Mechagodzilla. We also have to thank him for participating in what is arguably the greatest fight scene in the entire FRANCHISE.

Good job Titanosaurus!
exactly

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A simple, but beautiful, design.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

gotta love Titano

ILIKEXENOMORPHS
Yojimbo

Post by ILIKEXENOMORPHS »

Any videos of Muruchi's death? I want to see it.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

he kicks all kinds of ass. what a cool monster.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

While Titanosaurus is not one of my favorite monster in the Godzilla Universe, he is a cool monster. Not really anything special about him though.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:While Titanosaurus is not one of my favorite monster in the Godzilla Universe, he is a cool monster. Not really anything special about him though.
....He blew away almost all of Tokyo and Godzilla with his tail. He threw Godzilla into a pit with his mouth. He kicked Godzilla around like he was nothing. Next time you think of which monster has the most strength.... consider Titano.

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

yea, i won't kid anyone with this: Titanosaurus is one of the strongest kaiju to ever put up against Godzilla. for a good while, he did have his way with him, though he needed an assist here and there.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

three wrote:yea, i won't kid anyone with this: Titanosaurus is one of the strongest kaiju to ever put up against Godzilla. for a good while, he did have his way with him, though he needed an assist here and there.

Yeah I can agree with this.
Even though I still think Hedorah and MechaG are far deadlier, Titano really did prove to have some amazing power. I wonder how much more powerful he would have been if he got to fight under his own terms and not under mindcontrol.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

ScootaVaran wrote:
three wrote:yea, i won't kid anyone with this: Titanosaurus is one of the strongest kaiju to ever put up against Godzilla. for a good while, he did have his way with him, though he needed an assist here and there.

Yeah I can agree with this.
Even though I still think Hedorah and MechaG are far deadlier, Titano really did prove to have some amazing power. I wonder how much more powerful he would have been if he got to fight under his own terms and not under mindcontrol.
I hope we get to live to see the day that happens!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i don't think it'd change much. it just seemed like Titano followed the command to fight and that's all that being controlled did.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

He might be even more dangerous without control. Titanosaurus is peaceful by nature, but even peaceful animals will turn fierce when threatened. If cornered, Titanosaurus could prove a greater foe.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

If Titano was in DAM, I think the Kilaaks would have to hire other monsters to help Ghidorah out. Titano is just as tall and much stronger (muscularly) than Ghidorah.