Unmade Kaiju:Mecha Ghidorah(Showa Era !)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
The One and Only
Futurian

Unmade Kaiju:Mecha Ghidorah(Showa Era !)

Post by The One and Only »

So, this was a thing. Although never realized on the big screen in Showa Era. A Mecha King Ghidorah before the realized one of the 1991 GODZILLA Vs. KING GHIDORAH was pitched. Designed by artists Masami Watabe and Yugi Kida, Mecha Ghidorah, a robot version of of Godzilla's arch foe was designed ,pitched for a spread in a magazine.

According to the mecha's story featured in the magazine, MechaGhidorah was the creation of an alliance of aliens whose previous attempts to invade,and conquer the Earth have failed. Thanks to human ingenuity ,and Godzilla. To deal with the speed bump which is Godzilla in conquest plans. The Aliiance of Xians, Killaks, Nebulans, Mysterians, Simeons, Yomi Aliens(The War In Space), and the Natal(The Battle In Outer Space !) pool the resources of their Dark Mysterious Star Alliance to create the mech version of the Destroyer of Worlds, King Ghidorah. MechaGhidorah built from a mysterious space metal. Each individual head fires from its own beam. From left to right. A green lense which fires the standard issue Ghidorah gravity beam. The center white lense which fires a freeze ray. The third crimson lense. A heat ray. And located on the triple domed mecha's back. A buzz saw blade in the tradition of Gigan. To discourage those Godzilla choke holds from behind. Cool idea, even predating the Full Metal Ghidorah from Godzilla Island.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Re: Unmade Kaiju:Mecha Ghidorah(Showa Era !)

Post by Houndoom »

Sounds like a fun character. I would have loved to have seen the aliens all teamed up as well. Would be neat if we got a figure of this design like we did with SHMA Poster Mechagodzilla 2

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

*looks at picture*

I'm going to say the N-word.

Noice.

I like how Mecha Ghidorah looks. It's not badass, but still a really good design that I would've liked to see realized in a movie, live-action or not.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I do like the cycloptic look of the heads, and that the mech can shoot a variety of beams. It would be interesting to see in action.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

The buzzsaw on the back is a nice touch tbh. This would have been fun to see on screen, kind of a shame it never got its own feature.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’d love to see this in a post-Destroy All Monsters continuation of the Showa Era.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That would have been something to see, although it was probably too ambitious for '70s budgets. Each head having its own weapon is a good idea that would help this thing stand out from standard King Ghidorah.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

There's another art piece of Showa MKG that I really like, but can't seem to track down anymore. The concept is neat, and I wonder if it had any influence on the 1991 version.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns