Showa Godzilla's Most Outrageous Feat

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Your options (2) are…

Shie Dance (Invasion of Astro-Monster)
11%
Backwards Flight (Godzilla vs Hedorah)
47%
Sliding Dropkick (Godzilla vs Megalon)
24%
Magnetic Powers (Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla)
18%

Total votes: 62

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Re: Showa Godzilla's Most Outrageous Feat

Post by Lesko »

I always thought it was flying to catch up to Hedorah. Nobody ever expected it and we never got to see Godzilla fly again so far. What makes that interesting is that is one of Godzila's weaknesses is that he can't fly and enemies that can fly can use that to outmaneuver him. Air is also the only environment Godzilla isn't able to traverse because he can swim and walk on land just fine. So if you think about it then it would be a great asset that Godzilla could have used more often but didn't. Still, it was awesome too see and I like how his breath even changed color from the usual blue to white for this trick. The silly music playing as he was flying certainly helped too in adding to the outrageousness.

A close second is the magnetism ability. That ability pretty much gives him a trump card against most mechanical enemies and while it was so sudden and unexpected it is something I'd love to see in the future. That ability single handedly turned the tide against Mechagodzilla and was very memorable and awesome to see in action. Godzilla can do Magneeto better than Magneeto!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If you watch the HiSHE video for KotM, they show MV Godzilla flying like he did in Hedorah.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Backwards flight. Gotta love the dude turning himself into a freaking living rocket to catch up to the toxic menace.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

The flying was among the most baffling things I have ever seen in the Showa period... how is that even possible?! The magnetic powers was the coolest power in the Showa period thanks to the presentation and the fact it the powerful kaiju of aforementioned time.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

His most powerful and outlandish feat is being absolutely based.

But seriously, I think it may be the flying and dropkick, sorely because of how out-of-the-blue the moves are. The magnet I can somewhat see a hint at, when Godzilla was doing what anyone does before workout - getting struck by lightning several times.

Someone brought up how Godzilla's atomic breath didn't destroy those electrodes that were used to dried Hedorah out, and that's a really interesting catch. Showa Godzilla truly did have mastery in all forms of combat and science. The essence of willpower. Or essence of Banno...
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:59 pm Or essence of Banno...
Is that what that guy was on when he saw fish head people?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

edgaguirus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:43 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:59 pm Or essence of Banno...
Is that what that guy was on when he saw fish head people?
Absolutely. It's an ability only mastered by few.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I think it's impressive that Godzilla was a Jedi Knight 3 years before George Lucas created Star Wars.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Obie Ken Watanabe taught him well.

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

The dropkick.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Crazy Jim Films wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:04 pm The dropkick.
Finally! Some recognition. The others are possible if you think hard enough, but this! This is beyond absurd! This is something only Showa Godzilla could do.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it biologically possible for an organism to develop magnetic properties? I know it may've been pretty outrageous for many of you when Godzilla did it in '74, but it was in a badass way.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

In terms of outrageousness, the tail sliding dropkick.

In terms of Basedness, the Shie Victory Dance.
Resized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:29 pm Is it biologically possible for an organism to develop magnetic properties? I know it may've been pretty outrageous for many of you when Godzilla did it in '74, but it was in a badass way.
Don’t know. I doubt many were upset by it, though.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There is a science called bioelectromagnetism. It explores electromagnetic fields generated by living organisms and body tissues. However, no organism science knows of can attract metal the way Godzilla did.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:57 pm There is a science called bioelectromagnetism. It explores electromagnetic fields generated by living organisms and body tissues. However, no organism science knows of can attract metal the way Godzilla did.
Godzilla being a living nuclear reactor can actually help explain that power.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:57 pm There is a science called bioelectromagnetism. It explores electromagnetic fields generated by living organisms and body tissues. However, no organism science knows of can attract metal the way Godzilla did.
Not on Earth...
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:29 pmGodzilla being a living nuclear reactor can actually help explain that power.
That's just what I was thinking. Somewhere in the universe, there could actually be organisms like that just I said.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.