You think King Ghidorah killed other Space Monsters before GTTHM

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

You think King Ghidorah killed other Space Monsters before facing Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 35

miguelnuva
Justiriser

You think King Ghidorah killed other Space Monsters before GTTHM

Post by miguelnuva »

Just an interesting head canon poll, was Ghidorah unopposed before the events of GTTHM or do you all feel he had kills under his belt.

Personally I feel one of the reasons he's King Ghidorah is that Ghidorah had killed several space monsters before reaching Earth. Godzilla and in this case Rodan and Mothra were simply above and beyond these other space monsters especially as the Showa era treats Godzilla as the most powerful creature period in the universe.

As for this theory I also think the reason Gigan is a cyborg is because Ghidorah damaged him to that point.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: You think King Ghidorah killed other Space Monsters before GTTHM

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I just assume he never encountered multiple strong monsters until Earth. It was always either just one monster on the level of Godzilla or a group of Yog-Trio level monsters.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I would definitely say yes. Given the plethora of space monsters in the Showa era there's no way he had encountered and killed some before.
Resized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I say "yes" because with all the alien life forms we would later see in the Showa series, it would make sense that King Ghidorah at some point encountered another alien monster, fought and killed it either in space or on another planet.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Godzilla universe has many alien kaiju, so KG would have met one or more of them along the way. It's likely he won those because it was a one on one battle, but KG lost the Earth because he had to handle three at one time.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Its fun to think that he did and given how space monsters popped up a few times in the Godzilla series, its not hard to believe that Ghidorah would cross some lesser creatures in his journeys and own some beasts here and there.

However, there is a part of me that likes to think that Ghidorah was a scourge of the galaxy for every planet and race he came across, and ran rampant unopposed by other giant monsters for millennia until he came to Earth and had Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra step in his smug faces.

So either one works for me.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I actually do like to think there are alien planets with these own kaiju, working on the Similar Squad trope. Most never at beast defeated Ghidorah, just at best repelled him, though.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Yes, without a doubt because otherwise, I don't think the aliens would have brought him to Earth if they didn't already test out his power with other alien life forms.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I mean why wouldn't he? It's totally in character and Venus couldn't have been the ONLY world he blew up.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

AllosaurHell wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 am Yes, without a doubt because otherwise, I don't think the aliens would have brought him to Earth if they didn't already test out his power with other alien life forms
Excellent point. KG was used by so many aliens as a weapon that he had to have some sort of reputation.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Most likely yes, you gotta build a reputation first if you want to prove you're one badass motherskreeonker.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Aliens also used chumps like Gorosaurus and Manda that had never beaten anything, so there goes that theory.

I personally prefer the idea that Ghidorah was unopposed before he came to Earth. No real reason, I guess, it just appeals to me more.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I am going to go out on a limb here and just say yes. Ghidorah's past is so vague and poorly explained that it leaves almost all of it to your imagination. Defeating other space monsters certainly makes sense.

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 am Aliens also used chumps like Gorosaurus and Manda that had never beaten anything, so there goes that theory.

I personally prefer the idea that Ghidorah was unopposed before he came to Earth. No real reason, I guess, it just appeals to me more.
Not quite the same. Gorosaurus and Manda were part of a bigger package deal in them taking Monster Island. Ghidorah has essentially been the go-to monster for invading alien civilizations so there has to be a little something to it.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

Erimaki Anguirus
Ronin

Post by Erimaki Anguirus »

Maybe some of the Kaiju from Zone Fighter are the survivors of a Ghidorah attack?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Garoga did make use of Ghidorah, but more likely they just knew about him from other aliens. KG's past will remain unknown, unless someone at Toho decides to use that story line for a film.

TriassicTerror
Samurai

Post by TriassicTerror »

I like the idea that every inhabited planet in the Showa-era universe has its own kaiju. I imagine Ghidorah has killed dozens before he finally met something he couldn't handle in the form of Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan. Gigan being a "space dinosaur" implies to me that big vaguely dinosaurian monsters aren't exactly uncommon throughout the universe.
Last edited by TriassicTerror on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.