Godzilla vs Megalon or Godzilla vs Gigan?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Which film do you prefer? (Not necessarily better)

Godzilla vs Gigan
72%
Godzilla vs Megalon
28%

Total votes: 57

Mechabrozilla
Ronin

Re: Godzilla vs Megalon or Godzilla vs Gigan?

Post by Mechabrozilla »

Megalon is fun but Gigan is by far the better movie.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

You’ve made your last delivery Megalon fans. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene, from where y'all are in the poll it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. Truth is...This poll was rigged from the start

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

ROMG4 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:54 pm You’ve made your last delivery Megalon fans. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene, from where y'all are in the poll it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. Truth is...This poll was rigged from the start

Ring-a-ding-ding baby!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla vs Gigan has a much better story, but vs Megalon is a much more consistently fun and entertaining movie.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

gfan84
Samurai

Post by gfan84 »

I like GodZilla vs megalon more. I think it is more memorable to me. I just saw a few replies here. I have to disagree on some no hard feelings off course. I think megalon has better color. Gigan may have better production design but I like how megalon is mostly filmed on location I think that is more memorable to me. Gigan to me is rather forgettable. Megalon is more memorable because of the fast pace, more consistent suits in the film whereas gigan had GodZilla switch to the awful son of GodZilla suit, more memorable colors, has an underrated film megalon, and the final battle, unlike gigan where you sometimes had the monsters move at a slow speed, it feels more faster. Gigan may be the better film but for my money megalon is highly entertaining and it doesn’t take itself seriously and has a consistent tone. I hope to good I didn’t sound pompous or arrogant or abrasive. It’s just simply my opinion. What do you think.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I think Godzilla vs Gigan had great concepts but needed tightening or to explore them more. A remake with some satire of Disney and other entertainment companies for the theme park would be great. It needs to be better explained WHY the aliens are hiring an artist for their company. My idea was to make it an actual themepark, but intendedd for roach people.

Godzilla vs Megalon is more forgivable in its lunacy. The only issue I think is the cut scenes about the Seatopians reconsidering their unleashing of Megalon would make the ending flow better.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

One thing that makes vs Gigan notable to me is its relevance to today's society. The roaches depend on their machines, and so do we in a sense. There are those who are so attached to their smart phones that being asked to go without for a single day seems like asking them to cut off their hand.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Godzilla vs. Gigan has a lot of faults, but it still remains a favorite of mine.

Godzilla vs. Megalon remains one of my least favorite of the franchise. That said, at least it has Fukuda's ability to instill good pacing in his films, which does make it more enjoyable for me versus Godzilla Raids Again or the anime trilogy.
If it bites... don't mess with it!