Showa-ified Kaiju

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

If you would have a sequel to the Showa movies, what past kaiju would you Showa-fy?

Biollante
9%
SpaceGodzilla
23%
Battra
4%
Destoroyah
15%
Mecha-King Ghidorah
17%
Monster X
4%
The MUTOs
6%
Behemoth
4%
Scylla
No votes
Methuselah
2%
Mechagodzilla/Kiryu (Earth Creation)
No votes
Moguera (Earth Creation)
No votes
Orga
6%
Megaguirus
4%
Dagahra
No votes
Desghidorah
No votes
Zilla
No votes
Servum
No votes
Other forms of Godzilla (Burning, Thermonuclear, etc)
No votes
Mothra Leo
2%
Skullcrawlers
No votes
Trilopods (Regular or Magita)
No votes
Godzilla Jr
No votes
Bagan (eww)
2%

Total votes: 47

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Showa-ified Kaiju

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:33 am Showa Megaguirus
Resized Image
Dude, I love that.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

SpaceGodzilla as a whole sounds like a whacky idea that would have popped up during the Showa series. Some concept art thrown out even has him in this "Showa" kind of flair.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/godzi ... 0604040935
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:45 pm SpaceGodzilla as a whole sounds like a whacky idea that would have popped up during the Showa series. Some concept art thrown out even has him in this "Showa" kind of flair.

The image doesn't work :(

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Resized Image
I could totally see Megaro or Soshingeki Goji beating the crap out of that puppet :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Voyager wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:04 pm
Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:45 pm SpaceGodzilla as a whole sounds like a whacky idea that would have popped up during the Showa series. Some concept art thrown out even has him in this "Showa" kind of flair.

The image doesn't work :(
Two of the pieces in question can be found on the main site if you look at the concept art for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla. ;)
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Monster X would be a good Showa beast. It's a biped, which is good for the suit actor, and it'd be a good foe for Godzilla or Mothra.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:00 pm Monster X would be a good Showa beast. It's a biped, which is good for the suit actor, and it'd be a good foe for Godzilla or Mothra.
Yes, but would it still be able to change into Keizer Ghidoran (and maybe even be able to change back into Monster X again, and be able to go back and forth between the two forms)? If so, would Keizer Ghidorah still be a quadruped, or would it be a biped this time, like King Ghidorah is?
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Showa MX I imagine would not transform into Ghidorah. I know Ghidorah is popular, but let MX be its own creature.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

MamaMia2021
Ronin

Post by MamaMia2021 »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:31 pm The Showa MX I imagine would not transform into Ghidorah. I know Ghidorah is popular, but let MX be its own creature.
I honestly kinda imagine a Showa Monster X being like one of those big bad aliens from the Showa Ultraman shows, like he'd be the type of monster who'd say something like "GODZILLA, YOUR END IS NEAR!".

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

MamaMia2021 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:52 am
edgaguirus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:31 pm The Showa MX I imagine would not transform into Ghidorah. I know Ghidorah is popular, but let MX be its own creature.
I honestly kinda imagine a Showa Monster X being like one of those big bad aliens from the Showa Ultraman shows, like he'd be the type of monster who'd say something like "GODZILLA, YOUR END IS NEAR!".
Honestly yeah! That’s be hilarious. He’d have a solely hand-to-hand duel with Godzilla, to boot.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

an evil version of Seabozu.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Voyager wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:04 pm
Resized Image
I could totally see Megaro or Soshingeki Goji beating the crap out of that puppet :lol:
That's hilarious and accurate :lol:

It would have been great if Toho made something like Behemoth. I could see it done with big extendo-arms like Showa Kong, big tusks, short trunk, all of it. Maybe he'd have proportions kinda like Orga's suit.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MamaMia2021
Ronin

Post by MamaMia2021 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:12 pm
Honestly yeah! That’s be hilarious. He’d have a solely hand-to-hand duel with Godzilla, to boot.
I honestly could imagine him sounding like Alien Hipporito, and literally calling Godzilla "Earth's Mightiest Warrior".

LuckyDragon54
Young Farmer

Post by LuckyDragon54 »

im gonna have to say spacegodzilla. while id love to see mecha king ghidorah in the showa series, kg has already had his fair share of showa films.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Found a neat-o video on what a robotic doppleganger to Godzilla's arch for might been like. MechaGhidorah was designed by two distinguished artists in the mecha and kaiju field, Yuki Kida, and Masami Watanbe for a magazine spread in 1981.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.