Lost Project Discussion - Continuation: King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Lost Project Discussion - Continuation: King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963)

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

While I'm ultimately glad we got Mothra vs. Godzilla instead, this still could've been fun. The rematch between Kong and Godzilla wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing, either - After all, how many times did Dracula, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein keep crossing over with each other? And though the idea of Kong chasing down a child is kinda weird, I love the idea of a scorpion kaiju being part of the Toho pantheon. It's a shame that never happened, at least.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:The rematch between Kong and Godzilla wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing, either - After all, how many times did Dracula, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein keep crossing over with each other?
Most of those movies are pretty bad, though.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Godzillian wrote:The plot would have been the following

A Japanese plane crashes in Africa resulting in a search party lead by a man named Nomura. He discovers a single child survived the crash and is being cared for by Kong in the ruins of an ancient city. When a giant scorpion arrives and battles Kong Nomura rescues the child and they flee to Japan with Kong hot on their trail. At the same time Godzillas body is found and transported to a theme park on an island in the Seto inland sea. When Kong arrives at the theme park Godzilla is awoken by electricity and the two battle again. It ends in a draw with each kaiju going their own ways but Kong goes straight to Japan looking for the child. Eventually Kong and Godzilla have a finally battle at Mt. Aso which erupts with both the kaiju being swallowed up by the Volcano.

This is according to The Big Book of Japanese Monster Movies: The Lost Films by John LeMay with all his sources cited from reliable places.
I like the visual of Godzilla and Kong fighting at a theme park, kinda makes me wish this got made just for that alone.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly this film sounds kinda boring and probably would have been rushed out. Glad we got Mothra vs. Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

WHY IS IT ALWAYS A FREAKIN VOLCANO IN THESE MOVIES!?

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I like how in this story people think Godzilla was dead after the previous film. John Lemay notes this in his book.

It would have been cool seeing Godzilla's body being pulled out of the Ocean. A similar sequence was in Monster Zero years later. Although that was a lake and Godzilla was only hibernating.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A side from the giant scorpion, it sounds like a near complete repeat of the original. Probably for the best that this didn't happen.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I like how in this story people think Godzilla was dead after the previous film. John Lemay notes this in his book.
[]https://i.ibb.co/RYk4CYY/kingkongvsgodzilla.jpg[/]

It would have been cool seeing Godzilla's body being pulled out of the Ocean. A similar sequence was in Monster Zero years later. Although that was a lake and Godzilla was only hibernating.
He's not even breathing when they drag his body ashore, so can't really blame them for thinking he was dead.

Added in 1 month 4 days 15 hours 34 minutes 26 seconds:
A full translation of the story is now available - https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/contin ... anslation/

Gotta say, it's more heartwarming than I was expecting. It's also nice to see another motivation for Kong that isn't just a pretty lady.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Kong is an overgrown babysitter in this one.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Sounds like it would have been fun, but I'm glad we got Mothra vs Godzilla instead
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

godjacob wrote:WHY IS IT ALWAYS A FREAKIN VOLCANO IN THESE MOVIES!?
Or the ocean. Sometimes a lake or ice.

Makes me glad they said Godzilla vs Kong will have a definite winner. Here's hoping that's not a false promise.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
GigaBowserG wrote:
Gotta say, it's more heartwarming than I was expecting. It's also nice to see another motivation for Kong that isn't just a pretty lady.
Kong has been more of a people monster than most other monsters barring Mothra or Gamera, it just depends on what kind of person you are that will see if he likes or dislikes you.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Living Corpse wrote:it just depends on what kind of person you are that will see if he likes or dislikes you.
Just don't be this guy

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Or this guy

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:it just depends on what kind of person you are that will see if he likes or dislikes you.
Just don't be this guy
Cheezus Crust I forgot how violent the 70's remake was.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

The was King Kong Lives, the sequel.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kong really chewed him out.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:The was King Kong Lives, the sequel.
Wasn't he one of the poachers?

Kong and Gamera are definitely more visceral & animalistic in their violence than most Godzilla films.
edgaguirus wrote:Kong really chewed him out.
That legit made me chuckle.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

While I know the concept of Godzilla eventually becoming a hero in the Showa Era wasn't developed yet, I still consider it quite ironic that the baby in this unmade film was born at a time when Godzilla was Earth's greatest menace, but (considering if the Showa Era still would've followed on the path it did) he would grow up in a time when Godzilla was Earth's greatest hero.

Conspiracy theory: What if- bear with me here- what if... … ...the baby was Ichiro from All Monsters Attack. :shock:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote:While I know the concept of Godzilla eventually becoming a hero in the Showa Era wasn't developed yet, I still consider it quite ironic that the baby in this unmade film was born at a time when Godzilla was Earth's greatest menace, but (considering if the Showa Era still would've followed on the path it did) he would grow up in a time when Godzilla was Earth's greatest hero.

Conspiracy theory: What if- bear with me here- what if... … ...the baby was Ichiro from All Monsters Attack. :shock:
Ichiro doesn't exist in the showa timeline.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Here's a video of the discontinued project:

https://youtu.be/cP-Vq94COPo