What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Re: What If Anguirus Killed Godzilla?

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Zarm wrote: Why not? The atomic breath set him on fire; he lacks Godzilla's durability or regeneration. Why would his significantly-softer hide protect him to the same level as Godzilla's?
Stevo_1985 wrote:And like you suggested if Hedorah flees and reconstitutes this is just more time for Kong to heal and the humans to develop better tech to aid Kong and destroy Hedorah as they just witnessed it.
Only Hedorah absorbs more pollution and increases in power with every rest. Any such delay means Kong would be facing an even tougher, bigger, more unstoppable Hedorah.

But I'm telling you guys: Kong isn't going to get him involved. Unless you kidnap him to come fight each kaiju, he just wants to stay on each island. He'd have no reason to know about Hedorah until its army gets as far as Kong's island, by which time it's far too late.

What data suggests he isn't? Everything is speculation. He never actually caught on fire. His hairs got a little burned and smoked. Besides that military weapons had zero effect and dynamite in the face did absolutely nothing. Unless you can bring forth anymore data that suggests otherwise I see him as quite durable.
If Hedorah escapes and grows larger then I can see him being a the victor but if they settle this in one fight I see this going in charged Kongs favor.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

If being singed (as Godzilla never was by equivalent attacks) doesn't count as evidence, I don't know; him getting KOed on a rock? I think GvKK was pretty unequivocally clear that King Kong was weaker and less durable than Godzilla. The lightning beefs up his offensive power, but I don't think it would enhance the resistance of his less-durable (by nature of composition) skin.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Stevo_1985 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
At the same time it wasn't implied that Kong even survived past KKvsG, for all we know he could've died from his radiation burns after returning to his island. I would like to assume that Godzilla was extra ugly in SoG because of the nuke in GvsTSM irradiating him again. Kong wasn't much more intelligent than 60s Showa G, after all he did "talk" with Rodan & Mothra, and by the 70s Godzilla shows far more intellect than Kong. King Kong is nowhere near as agile as Godzilla by the time he fought Hedorah, he was capable of moving at hundreds of meters a second, and only got quicker once he fought Megalon.

Also, Kong lacks the ability to catch Hedorah in the air like Godzilla did, meaning hedorah could play keep away & let his beams/sulfuric acid mist kill Kong.I highly doubt the humans strategy would've worked, King Kong's lightning powers didn't last nearly as long as the electrodes would require to kill Hedorah, so if Hedorah flew away once Kong threw a rock after his powers wear off, he wouldn't be able to stop Hedorah from escaping & regenerating until he was ready to murder Kong.
There is definitely more proof to suggest Kong survived. For one Toho even stated that Kong was the victor. Two at no point in the final fight did he look to suffer from radiation poisoning even being exposed to it earlier in their first fight nor is it ever suggested. I also think you're giving the GvSM nuke too much merit. I see it nothing more then a plot device to convey an urgency to get off the island. SoG suit is just redesigned to portray a more friendly father figure Godzilla. I still stand by my opinion Kong is quicker and more agile, we've seen him run. We've seen him tumble roll. I also stand by my opinion he is more intelligent. Using his surroundings, throwing rocks, hiding, trees down the throat etc. Also even when Kong is charged it's not just his electric charge power that is attained but his overall strength is boosted, evident by swinging Godzilla by his tail and judo flipping him like a rag doll. When Kong was charged Godzilla was on the defensive completely. Wether it be a lightning storm or human created a charged Kong will emerge the victor. Acid mist won't kill him just like it didn't kill Godzilla. His crimson beam may slow Kong down but it won't kill him and Hedorah won't just spam acid mist and crimson beams. And like you suggested if Hedorah flees and reconstitutes this is just more time for Kong to heal and the humans to develop better tech to aid Kong and destroy Hedorah as they just witnessed it.
You are vastly underestimating Showa Godzilla, have you even watched the Showa movies? he used rocks and trees against most of the foes he faced until MechaGodzilla( Ghidorah, Ebirah, Hedorah, and Gigan have all been attacked w/ rocks and trees). Showa G is far more agile, during ToMG when the aliens look at the "Super Geiger Counter" they show a white dot that is Godzilla. Said dot is moving at close to 6 km/sec when comparing the map they used to a real map of the same area, even then, his fights with Megalon & during Zone Fighter have Goji moving at speeds far surpassing anything Showa Kong has demonstrated.

There is no way in hell that the same King Kong who slammed his face into a rock, is nearly as intelligent as the Godzilla who not only TALKED to Rodan, Mothra, and later Anguirus, but understood the purpose of the electrodes in GvsH and constantly improvised new strategies against his foes. When Godzilla realized that he would need something to gain the upper hand to defeat MechaGodzilla, he likely remembered the lightning that powered him up in 66 and somehow figured out that magnetism might help him.
Kong will not survive the fight with Hedorah, the lightning powers won't last long enough to kill Hedorah, and once he realizes that Kong can't do shit to him long range, he will just do what he did to Godzilla for most of the beginning of his fight, attack with his flying form and eye beams so Kong can't touch him.
Humanity would not be able to develop another weapon to use on Hedorah in time, why do you think they were so desperate to use the electrodes in the first place? If Hedorah leaves then he will not fall for the same tricks as before & will likely evolve into a new, more powerful form, or simply reproduce until japan (and the world) are overrun with Hedorahs.
Who's to say they would get Kong a lightning storm in time? by the time they make one/let one appear Kong might already be dissolved down to the bone!
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Zarm wrote:If being singed (as Godzilla never was by equivalent attacks) doesn't count as evidence, I don't know; him getting KOed on a rock? I think GvKK was pretty unequivocally clear that King Kong was weaker and less durable than Godzilla. The lightning beefs up his offensive power, but I don't think it would enhance the resistance of his less-durable (by nature of composition) skin.
What about giant Kaiju is nature? Theoretically that dynamite should have blown fleshy bits all over the place by that logic. I mean if we want to compare him to say the Gargantuas. Sanda broke his leg or ankle on a boulder. Gaira was a bloodied mess after his run in with the military. Kong not once showed any sort of physical damage.

Added in 3 minutes 33 seconds:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
At the same time it wasn't implied that Kong even survived past KKvsG, for all we know he could've died from his radiation burns after returning to his island. I would like to assume that Godzilla was extra ugly in SoG because of the nuke in GvsTSM irradiating him again. Kong wasn't much more intelligent than 60s Showa G, after all he did "talk" with Rodan & Mothra, and by the 70s Godzilla shows far more intellect than Kong. King Kong is nowhere near as agile as Godzilla by the time he fought Hedorah, he was capable of moving at hundreds of meters a second, and only got quicker once he fought Megalon.

Also, Kong lacks the ability to catch Hedorah in the air like Godzilla did, meaning hedorah could play keep away & let his beams/sulfuric acid mist kill Kong.I highly doubt the humans strategy would've worked, King Kong's lightning powers didn't last nearly as long as the electrodes would require to kill Hedorah, so if Hedorah flew away once Kong threw a rock after his powers wear off, he wouldn't be able to stop Hedorah from escaping & regenerating until he was ready to murder Kong.
There is definitely more proof to suggest Kong survived. For one Toho even stated that Kong was the victor. Two at no point in the final fight did he look to suffer from radiation poisoning even being exposed to it earlier in their first fight nor is it ever suggested. I also think you're giving the GvSM nuke too much merit. I see it nothing more then a plot device to convey an urgency to get off the island. SoG suit is just redesigned to portray a more friendly father figure Godzilla. I still stand by my opinion Kong is quicker and more agile, we've seen him run. We've seen him tumble roll. I also stand by my opinion he is more intelligent. Using his surroundings, throwing rocks, hiding, trees down the throat etc. Also even when Kong is charged it's not just his electric charge power that is attained but his overall strength is boosted, evident by swinging Godzilla by his tail and judo flipping him like a rag doll. When Kong was charged Godzilla was on the defensive completely. Wether it be a lightning storm or human created a charged Kong will emerge the victor. Acid mist won't kill him just like it didn't kill Godzilla. His crimson beam may slow Kong down but it won't kill him and Hedorah won't just spam acid mist and crimson beams. And like you suggested if Hedorah flees and reconstitutes this is just more time for Kong to heal and the humans to develop better tech to aid Kong and destroy Hedorah as they just witnessed it.
You are vastly underestimating Showa Godzilla, have you even watched the Showa movies? he used rocks and trees against most of the foes he faced until MechaGodzilla( Ghidorah, Ebirah, Hedorah, and Gigan have all been attacked w/ rocks and trees). Showa G is far more agile, during ToMG when the aliens look at the "Super Geiger Counter" they show a white dot that is Godzilla. Said dot is moving at close to 6 km/sec when comparing the map they used to a real map of the same area, even then, his fights with Megalon & during Zone Fighter have Goji moving at speeds far surpassing anything Showa Kong has demonstrated.

There is no way in hell that the same King Kong who slammed his face into a rock, is nearly as intelligent as the Godzilla who not only TALKED to Rodan, Mothra, and later Anguirus, but understood the purpose of the electrodes in GvsH and constantly improvised new strategies against his foes. When Godzilla realized that he would need something to gain the upper hand to defeat MechaGodzilla, he likely remembered the lightning that powered him up in 66 and somehow figured out that magnetism might help him.
Kong will not survive the fight with Hedorah, the lightning powers won't last long enough to kill Hedorah, and once he realizes that Kong can't do shit to him long range, he will just do what he did to Godzilla for most of the beginning of his fight, attack with his flying form and eye beams so Kong can't touch him.
Humanity would not be able to develop another weapon to use on Hedorah in time, why do you think they were so desperate to use the electrodes in the first place? If Hedorah leaves then he will not fall for the same tricks as before & will likely evolve into a new, more powerful form, or simply reproduce until japan (and the world) are overrun with Hedorahs.
Who's to say they would get Kong a lightning storm in time? by the time they make one/let one appear Kong might already be dissolved down to the bone!

I'm not underestimating Showa G. I think fans are underestimating a charged Kong and overestimating Hedorah which is a common trend round these parts. I mean Godzilla tried to space charged Kong out with his beam when he was on the run but to no avail. Kong dodged every one and eventually tackled him down a cliff and emerged a victor.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Stevo_1985 wrote: What about giant Kaiju is nature? Theoretically that dynamite should have blown fleshy bits all over the place by that logic. I mean if we want to compare him to say the Gargantuas. Sanda broke his leg or ankle on a boulder. Gaira was a bloodied mess after his run in with the military. Kong not once showed any sort of physical damage.
'By [it's] nature.' Nothing to do with nature i.e. the environment.

Again, he had smoke pouring off of him. He was knocked unconscious if I blow to the head. Both of these are greater evidences of injury than Godzilla displayed.

I'm not trying to say that Kong has no strength. But the claim that he is equivalent to Godzilla, I don't believe is correct. I don't see any evidence that the lightning enhances the toughness of his skin, or any evidence that his skin was as tough as Godzilla's to begin with. Tougher than the average gorilla's, sure. But proof against acid in the same way Godzilla's was, I don't see any evidence for that, and the nature of the two coverings- reptilian hide versus mamallian hide- naturally suggests a weaker skin for Kong. With the lack of contradicting evidence that this isn't the case, that's what I would go with.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Zarm wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote: What about giant Kaiju is nature? Theoretically that dynamite should have blown fleshy bits all over the place by that logic. I mean if we want to compare him to say the Gargantuas. Sanda broke his leg or ankle on a boulder. Gaira was a bloodied mess after his run in with the military. Kong not once showed any sort of physical damage.

Again, he had smoke pouring off of him. He was knocked unconscious if I blow to the head. Both of these are greater evidences of injury than Godzilla displayed.

I'm not trying to say that Kong has no strength. But the claim that he is equivalent to Godzilla, I don't believe is correct. I don't see any evidence that the lightning enhances the toughness of his skin, or any evidence that his skin was as tough as Godzilla's to begin with. Tougher than the average gorilla's, sure. But proof against acid in the same way Godzilla's was, I don't see any evidence for that, and the nature of the two coverings- reptilian hide versus mamallian hide- naturally suggests a weaker skin for Kong. With the lack of contradicting evidence that this isn't the case, that's what I would go with.

What I mean is there is nothing natural about Kaiju. So there is nothing to suggest his hide couldn't take a punishment. Besides, I never said he was as durable as Godzilla to begin with. Smoking hairs doesn't equate to much though. Ok he got knocked out when he smashed his head on a rock. However we're not talking about uncharged Kong. I suggested when Kong is charged he has the electric ability and his strength is significantly boosted. Being Kong is a grappler coupled with his electric charge he would almost neutralize Hedorah. He dodged Godzillas heat ray to get in close. He'll get in close to Hedorah as well. If Kong drug Hedorah into the electrodes activated there is no saying how powerful he would become.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Stevo_1985 wrote:
Zarm wrote:

What I mean is there is nothing natural about Kaiju. So there is nothing to suggest his hide couldn't take a punishment. Besides, I never said he was as durable as Godzilla to begin with. Smoking hairs doesn't equate to much though. Ok he got knocked out when he smashed his head on a rock. However we're not talking about uncharged Kong. I suggested when Kong is charged he has the electric ability and his strength is significantly boosted. Being Kong is a grappler coupled with his electric charge he would almost neutralize Hedorah. He dodged Godzillas heat ray to get in close. He'll get in close to Hedorah as well. If Kong drug Hedorah into the electrodes activated there is no saying how powerful he would become.
I am not overestimating Hedorah, nothing proves that Kong can fight Hedorah long enough to get supercharged, if he punches Hedorah one of his hands is destroyed, and there is no indication that Kong has a healing factor to counter the damage Hedorah does. Kong has no way of physically overpowering Hedorah without lightning enhancement and even with that he still won't be able to stop Hedorah from fleeing/attacking in the air. Hedorah flies at the speed of sound, there is no way Kong can run that quickly, and what if Kong gets hit in the eye like Godzilla did? Hedorah is literally a death sentence for any monster that is less durable than Godzilla, lacks flight speeds above mach 1, lacks good regen, and doesn't have a heat/ electricity beam already built into them.
Extra THICC!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla would have never helped Zone Fighter, eventually leading to an army of Terror-Beasts trying to take over the planet, with the help of King Ghidorah and Gigan. (I haven't seen Zone Fighter). So it would be Garogas vs BHP3 aliens (considering humans easily finsihed the Nebulans). And perhaps the remainder of the Xiliens could be allies to humans? If memory serves me correct, at the end of Invasion of Astro-Monster, astronauts were sent back up to Planet X to make peace treaties.

So I suppose it would be Garogas and co vs humans, other alien races, and monsters.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Billzilla1974 wrote: Humanity would not be able to develop another weapon to use on Hedorah in time, why do you think they were so desperate to use the electrodes in the first place?
If this is the same humanity that put men beyond the orbit of Mars in Godzilla vs Monster Zero, then they have tons of resources and technologies that they could have used against Hedorah beyond the electrodes (nevermind that the electrodes could easily have been repaired and deployed again). That small JSDF operation in the movie was not mankind's last desperate hope; if it failed there were plenty of other things the nations of the world could have tried.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ivo-goji wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote: Humanity would not be able to develop another weapon to use on Hedorah in time, why do you think they were so desperate to use the electrodes in the first place?
If this is the same humanity that put men beyond the orbit of Mars in Godzilla vs Monster Zero, then they have tons of resources and technologies that they could have used against Hedorah beyond the electrodes (nevermind that the electrodes could easily have been repaired and deployed again). That small JSDF operation in the movie was not mankind's last desperate hope; if it failed there were plenty of other things the nations of the world could have tried.
Except, again, that Hedorah was continuing to grow, apparently without limit; it sort of was a last, desperate hope because the power of Hedorah was on the verge of exponentially outgrowing the forces that opposed him, or the ability to contain. By rematch time, it might well have been beuond the capability of technology or Godzilla to handle.

Maranatha!

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Zarm wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
Except, again, that Hedorah was continuing to grow, apparently without limit; it sort of was a last, desperate hope because the power of Hedorah was on the verge of exponentially outgrowing the forces that opposed him, or the ability to contain. By rematch time, it might well have been beuond the capability of technology or Godzilla to handle.
^^This^^
That is what I was getting at, Hedorah would become too powerful too deal with once he left to absorb more pollution, the only monster who could hold off Hedorah for even one night is Godzilla, and he would likely be too weakened from their bout on Mt Fuji to survive a faceoff against a stronger Hedorah, and god help him if Hedorah multiplied by then.
The movie itself implied this, if they didn't stop the spread when it was just one creature, then no one in the world could once it becomes an army of Hedorahs.
Extra THICC!

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The fans would get butthurt and try to downplay it like when Kong beat Godzilla.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Zarm wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:
We have no reason to reach that conclusion. All of Hedorah's forms possessed the same vulnerability to dehydration, there's no evidence that this would have changed. And, once again, the damage to the electrodes was minor and could have been quickly repaired. The JSDF could have defeated Hedorah before that night was over.

And if they didn't? Big deal. Another Hedorah escaped at the end of the movie, and no one went after it. 20 years later, Earth is still fine.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

There is absolutely evidence of an increase in power. That doesn't mean a lack of vulnerability... but an inability to herd, or survive battle with UNTIL reaching the electrodes (which I don't believe that most kaiju, Kong included, could have), absolutely.

Likewise, the 'vulnerability' still required multiple attempts (between which Hedorah could escape anyone that couldn't both fly mach 1 and physically haul him back, including an extraction of nodules from inside that the JSDF couldn't (and wouldn't know to) perform, followed by a physical dismemberment that the JSDF couldn't match. And it's unlikely that without someone to haul it back in, Hedorah would allow himself to go back between the two stationary, obvious towers that previously did him harm.

In short, the JSDF couldn't defeat him by themselves, and most kaiju in Godzilla's place couldn't, either- lacking the flight speed, manhandling ability, and physical tearing strength... plus the ability to even reach that stage in the battle without subcoming. And round 2 would not work out the same way; a stronger Hedorah that knows to avoid the electrodes and has greater physical mass to both resist being taken anywhere, and try and kill his opponent? Game over, man. :)

An unclear cliffhanger hook is not evidence that a continually growing/dividing Hedorah wasn't the world-ending menace that the film claimed. The film ably demonstrates that another Hedorah running around would not have been inconsequential or harmless.

Maranatha!

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Zarm wrote:There is absolutely evidence of an increase in power. That doesn't mean a lack of vulnerability... but an inability to herd, or survive battle with UNTIL reaching the electrodes (which I don't believe that most kaiju, Kong included, could have), absolutely.

Likewise, the 'vulnerability' still required multiple attempts (between which Hedorah could escape anyone that couldn't both fly mach 1 and physically haul him back, including an extraction of nodules from inside that the JSDF couldn't (and wouldn't know to) perform, followed by a physical dismemberment that the JSDF couldn't match. And it's unlikely that without someone to haul it back in, Hedorah would allow himself to go back between the two stationary, obvious towers that previously did him harm.

In short, the JSDF couldn't defeat him by themselves, and most kaiju in Godzilla's place couldn't, either- lacking the flight speed, manhandling ability, and physical tearing strength... plus the ability to even reach that stage in the battle without subcoming. And round 2 would not work out the same way; a stronger Hedorah that knows to avoid the electrodes and has greater physical mass to both resist being taken anywhere, and try and kill his opponent? Game over, man. :)

An unclear cliffhanger hook is not evidence that a continually growing/dividing Hedorah wasn't the world-ending menace that the film claimed. The film ably demonstrates that another Hedorah running around would not have been inconsequential or harmless.
^^Exactly this!^^
Hedorah's durability/resistance to drying out increased with each form during the movie(compare the second form losing sludge to the final form producing a 'metric-shit ton :lol: ' no problem, there is no guarantee that the next form of Hedorah would be vulnerable enough to electricity for the military to combat it, and even if it was, well, Zarm already said it for me! :lol:
Any physical dismemberment of Hedorah is costly to the monster doing it & will risk even more Hedorahs escaping to eventually overrun the world.
Also, said cliff hanger was from the start of the movie, so its likely that, outside of the sequel Hedorah hook that didn't happen, it was likely put there to bring home the message that as long as humanity creates pollution, the danger of ruining the Earth will always be here.
Extra THICC!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Hmmmm, this is funny...

1955- Well, the JSDF would have chased him off shortly after he killed Godzilla

1962- The pharmaceutical company would have brought Kong to Japan, but I doubt the notion of bringing Anguirus in as an equalizer would have crossed their mind, so Kong would have stood supreme until taken out by the berry juice and ballooned back to Ferro Island.
And IF they chose to bring Anguirus in, he would have been killed during the first fight...

1964- If another Anguirus miraculously showed up along side Rodan, Mothra, and the rest would get PWND by Ghidrah...

The rest wouldn't happen because Ghidrah would reign supreme and destroy Earth

Anguirus & Rodan MAYBE transported to Planet X in 1965 for one more rematch, but they'd get slaughtered even harder
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

My avatar was motivated to catch Kong partially because Godzilla showed up. If that doesn't happen, Kong never leaves the island and is harmlessly made the subject of a television nature program.

Because Godzilla doesn't kill the adult Mothra, King Ghidorah has to fight the entire Mothra family when he shows up, and since Ghidorah is a complete loser they easily send him packing on their own.

I suppose the Xiliens would try to use Mothra in their scheme for this scenario. Doesn't matter since they get taken out by a children's toy. Without alien mind control in play the kaiju have no motive to keep attacking and probably just leave.
Resized Image

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Ivo-goji wrote:My avatar was motivated to catch Kong partially because Godzilla showed up. If that doesn't happen, Kong never leaves the island and is harmlessly made the subject of a television nature program.

Because Godzilla doesn't kill the adult Mothra, King Ghidorah has to fight the entire Mothra family when he shows up, and since Ghidorah is a complete loser they easily send him packing on their own.

I suppose the Xiliens would try to use Mothra in their scheme for this scenario. Doesn't matter since they get taken out by a children's toy. Without alien mind control in play the kaiju have no motive to keep attacking and probably just leave.

I think it's quite plausible Kong could still have shown up. Tako never specifically said to bring Kong back both before and after Godzillas appearance however he did state in both instances to just find him a monster.

Added in 3 minutes 35 seconds:
Personally I think Kong was coming back regardless. Tako's obsession borderlines that of Carl Denhams drive to bring Kong back to display.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

One thing I think everyone is forgetting here. You guys keep saying "Anguirus would get his ass kicked by Ghidorah" or "Anguirus isn't tough enough to do this," etc. But doesn't anyone remember what the title of this thread is?

In this universe, Anguirus killed Godzilla.

Clearly, this Anguirus is a force to be reckoned with. If he can kill Godzilla, he might just be able to stand up to later threats.
Zarm wrote:Thus, the answer to the thread question is 'At best, a ravaged Earth and the near-extinction of Kaiju... with many different opportunities (and better odds) for the extinction of all life on Earth.
I really like this post, by the way. Almost makes me wish IDW would make this a comic series.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Toho would introduce a third Godzilla in 1962 for marquee value. No one's going to see King Kong vs. Angilas (except for me, but I'm not the general public).
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!