Godzilla 1954 in Color (aka Cozzilla 1977)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Godzilla 1954 in Color (aka Cozzilla 1977)

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Use this thread to discuss the Italian release of the original Godzilla in Italy in 1977 in color by film maker Luigi Cozzi, affectionately named "Cozzilla".

So I just read the thread on the old board about Cozzilla, and got kinda fascinated as to where one could find it. Does anyone know any torrent sites or bootleg sellers with this flick? Because I've got an interest in this about as raging as the one I had for the Turkish Star Wars a few years back. I MUST SEE IT. Anyone got some info?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

ZigraDude
Monarch Researcher

Re: Hunting down Cozzilla 2.0

Post by ZigraDude »

I don't think making a topic to know where to download this movie from torrents/bootleg sites is a good idea. But, to be honest, I don't know where you could watch it. I'm sure it's available somewhere in the internet. I haven't even seen the Cozzilla cut yet.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

As far as I understand it doesn't exist in a format for private viewing. Maybe some obscure Italian VHS or something, but I can't say for sure.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

@ZigraDude: Technically this is allowed, so long as the source is not revealed in the thread itself. I'm going off what I remember in Arbok's post in the DVD/VHS forum.
@TokyoVigilante: I guess wherever it was posted on a torrent site is no longer up then? Huh. That's unfortunate. Guess I'll need to stick to easier fare like Half Human ;)
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Cozzilla

Post by g2kmaster »

I do not know if this is allowed, and if not I apologize, but for those interested, someone has posted Cozzilla on youtube. For those interested, you can see it before it gets pulled.

EDIT: and the YouTube videos were pulled...

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Re: Cozzilla

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

I want Luigi Cozzi to do his version of the legendary Movie.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Damn, it's the watery-ass version again. Yamato Video needs to release this already...

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Am I the only one who likes the Italian version of Godzilla (1954)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

I could have sworn we had a Cozzilla thread floating around here somewhere...
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I've never seen this version before. I suppose I should watch it while I can.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I literally watched about a minute of this skipping around part 1 before deciding it was just not really worth watching. Ironically, it was me who created the old "Hunting Down Cozzilla 2.0" topic...
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:I literally watched about a minute of this skipping around part 1 before deciding it was just not really worth watching. Ironically, it was me who created the old "Hunting Down Cozzilla 2.0" topic...
Was it because of the quality? If so, there is a better print somewhere on the internet with subtitles no less... for anyone who wants semi-better quality, here is a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEJeDZT3z0

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

g2kmaster wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:I literally watched about a minute of this skipping around part 1 before deciding it was just not really worth watching. Ironically, it was me who created the old "Hunting Down Cozzilla 2.0" topic...
Was it because of the quality? If so, there is a better print somewhere on the internet with subtitles no less... for anyone who wants semi-better quality, here is a trailer:

You mind sending me a PM with the links containing the better looking version with subs? :)

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

The Dark Uniter wrote:
g2kmaster wrote:

You mind sending me a PM with the links containing the better looking version with subs? :)
Can't. It was on google (where I sourced my copy) but it was taken down. It may be on a torrent. I don't use torrents so I guess you would have to go searching for it. Or you know.... wait for Yamato Video to release their version which is taking forever.

Just a thought, I wonder if Yamato Video has a US office. It would be nice if they release the film in the US also...

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Sydney Aradi wrote:Am I the only one who likes the Italian version of Godzilla (1954)
I like it. It's even more unsettling than usual.
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

g2kmaster wrote:

Well, the quality contributed, and the lack of translations. But mostly the quality, and the fact that the "colorization" wasn't even really colorization, it was just some weird-ass tints. If I could find a better copy, preferably subbed, I'd watch it.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

g2kmaster wrote: Can't. It was on google (where I sourced my copy) but it was taken down. It may be on a torrent. I don't use torrents so I guess you would have to go searching for it. Or you know.... wait for Yamato Video to release their version which is taking forever.
I'll settle with this version on Youtube and download it via Youtube downloader. Its good to have a copy of this rare gem then no copy of this film. :)

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

g2kmaster wrote:Just a thought, I wonder if Yamato Video has a US office.
Not that I'm aware of.
It would be nice if they release the film in the US also...
That couldn't happen. Classic Media has the North American home video license for GODZILLA '54 so no other companies can legally release the film on video here.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Just watched a minute of two of it. I have to say, the color tints are very interesting to say the least. I also love the new opening and the music used in the beginning. As far as language concerns, I actually had no problems understanding it. Italian is extremely similar to Spanish and I was able to understand through the Spanish I've learnt. Basically for the most part, they're using the same dialog from the King of the Monsters cut, only in Italian. Can't wait to see more on my burnt copy.

Gussilla95
Yojimbo

Godzilla (1954) in Color

Post by Gussilla95 »

I have heard that the original Gojira was shot in color, but for some reason decided to release it in B&W. Is this true?
Also the teaser for Godz vs. Biollante features some color clips from Gojira which are supposedly not colorized!
Japanese Man 1: RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
Japanese Man 2: It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.
Man 1: STILL! WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT IS GODZILLA!
Man 2: Though it isn't.
Man 2 Winks at Camera; both scream and run away]