I finally have a copy of Zone Fighter with English Subtitles

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
tlyon2
Yojimbo

I finally have a copy of Zone Fighter with English Subtitles

Post by tlyon2 »

So I've been holding out on everyone here on this' but its time to let the cat out of the bag. I never thought I would see the day that I would own a copy of this movie much less find one with English Subtitles to boot' but thanks to the site I found online I took a chance and order a copy.

Then 16 days later my copy arrived in the mailbox and was finally able to watch it on my tv for the first time.

I'm sure I know what the first question will be and that is where did I get it? Well I'll tell you I got it off [REDACTED} a site that deals in rare movies, I've know about them before and they had some at the time back then too! But none of there older copies had English Subtitles yet' but that all changed back in Feb of this year!

I didn't go for it right away because I was dealing with other stuff but fast forward to May 8th I filled out an order to get one and by May 24th I got it!

Now getting into the series just a little bit there are some slight differences in my English Subtitled version compare to the online version at Internet Archive' I notice on episode 24 they change at least one word on it, on Archive.org they say the word cyborg but on my copy they switch it to saying android human.

Just a small example of whats been change' I've notice some other ones too but they seemed to be for the better! But anyways feel free to asks me any other questions or concerns you may have and I'll try my best to answer as best I can.

I still can't believe I got a copy of it and that I might be the only one in Canada who has it!
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: I finally have a copy of Zone Fighter with English Subtitles

Post by Legion1979 »

Uh, isn't there a rule about explicitly discussing bootlegs and where to buy them?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The name of the site has been removed from the post. If this happens again it will result in a warning.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I've always held out hope that one day a North American release or set of the Godzilla Showa films would include all of the episodes of Zone Fighter that included Godzilla, Gigan or King Ghidorah. I don't need all 26 but I would at LEAST like to be able to enjoy an official release of the 'Godzilla episodes"
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."