Hanna Barbera Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

What do you think of the Hanna Babera Godzilla

Like it
58%
Hate it
14%
Indifferent
28%

Total votes: 101

Dinoskell
GPN Volunteer

Re: Hanna Barbera Godzilla

Post by Dinoskell »

A less antropomorphic take on Godzooky would be a fascinating character. A related species of that acts unaturally aggressive due to being influenced by Godzilla. And a terrified powerful animal is quite dangerous in actuality.

Also the cyber er "cyborg" whale is one of my favorite rogue ai. It obly wants to ram into things and only uses its intelligence to deal with those that dare oppose its quest to destroy the port it came from.

Also I was amazed at how murderously angry Dr. Quin was in the first episode. She really wanted the earth eater dead for cancelling the research conference.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I'm glad I got all three volumes for season 1 when they first came out! Now I'm just waiting for them to release the complete series on bluray.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Godzilla68:

Dinoskell
GPN Volunteer

Post by Dinoskell »

I feel this series could almost be seen as the "good timeline" where Godzilla didn't get nuked, and just turns out to have a breath weapon naturally without nuclear radiation, like Baragon.

mikelcho
Gotengo Officer

Post by mikelcho »

Dinoskell wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:51 pm A less antropomorphic take on Godzooky would be a fascinating character. A related species of that acts unaturally aggressive due to being influenced by Godzilla. And a terrified powerful animal is quite dangerous in actuality.

Also the cyber er "cyborg" whale is one of my favorite rogue ai. It obly wants to ram into things and only uses its intelligence to deal with those that dare oppose its quest to destroy the port it came from.

Also I was amazed at how murderously angry Dr. Quin was in the first episode. She really wanted the earth eater dead for cancelling the research conference.
Actually, "The Eartheater" was the second episode of season 1. "The Firebird" was the first episode.