Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
godjacob
G-Grasper

Re: Showa Series: Head Canon & Theories

Post by godjacob »

Godzilla's weakness to electricity in King Kong vs. Godzilla is less an overt weak point and more ties into him being frozen in ice for several years, having some negative effect on his body. Given he later is neutral or even benefits off electricity my guess is he lacked time to acclimate to it during the events of KKvG.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Heisei kaiju like Space Godzilla, Battra, Destoroyah and Biollante exist in the Showa timeline, may as well throw in rejected kaiju like Bagan, Deathla, Barubaroi and Deutalious into the mix as well. They were all encountered in between the timeline of Terror of Mechagodzilla and Destroy All Monsters.

Minya is absent in the later Showa films because despite being an infant, he is mature enough in the Godzilla species' life cycle to fend for himself at this point and not require an older guardian with him at all times.

The events of Zone Fighter take place in what I call "Earth Two" of the Showa era, very similar to the timeline we all know and love but different, perhaps its a timeline where a lot of the unmade Godzilla films might even be canon.
"Listen, it's a free country. It's not rent-free country."
- Mr. Ditkovich from Spider-Man 3.

Check out my YouTube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmWOV ... 3BPwEMXG0Q https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYySx8 ... vDvNTvTlRQ

miguelnuva
Sazer

Post by miguelnuva »

AllosaurHell wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:49 pm Heisei kaiju like Space Godzilla, Battra, Destoroyah and Biollante exist in the Showa timeline, may as well throw in rejected kaiju like Bagan, Deathla, Barubaroi and Deutalious into the mix as well. They were all encountered in between the timeline of Terror of Mechagodzilla and Destroy All Monsters.

Minya is absent in the later Showa films because despite being an infant, he is mature enough in the Godzilla species' life cycle to fend for himself at this point and not require an older guardian with him at all times.

The events of Zone Fighter take place in what I call "Earth Two" of the Showa era, very similar to the timeline we all know and love but different, perhaps its a timeline where a lot of the unmade Godzilla films might even be canon.
Minya is absent becasue he is taking care of Uncle Angurius's broken jaw.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

ImageImage Image

godjacob
G-Grasper

Post by godjacob »

Minilla also shows the Showa Godzilla line seems to age relatively speaking at a very slow rate, with him still a "baby" even in 1999.

Voyager
EDF Instructor

Post by Voyager »

The 50's Orochi movie takes place in this timeline, as do many classical monster movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s.
I will serve the nation and protect it, preserving the freedom and liberty all citizens have the right to. For Australia! For Democracy!

mikelcho
G-Grasper

Post by mikelcho »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:39 pm Minilla also shows the Showa Godzilla line seems to age relatively speaking at a very slow rate, with him still a "baby" even in 1999.
You're right; Minilla's definitely not an infant. I'd say he's more in the early juvenile stage of his life.

But through the three Showa films, he seems to be stuck there. At least in the Heisei films, the new son of Godzilla grew from infant (Baby Godzilla) to juvenile (Little Godzilla) to subadult (Godzilla Junior) to adult (Godzilla II), albeit within three films. And in his first, last and only Millennium appearance (Godzilla: Final Wars), this version of Minilla as an infant started out as the right size when compared to Godzilla. His next stage at the end of that appearance was the same as in the Showa films - early juvenile.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

All the various alien races are allies/friends and have plotted against Earth and Earth's monsters together.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

godjacob
G-Grasper

Post by godjacob »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 pm All the various alien races are allies/friends and have plotted against Earth and Earth's monsters together.
At minimum we do know the Seatopians and M Space Hunter Nebula Aliens have contact with each other/seem on good terms so the idea of an alien race coalition seems more likely than not.

Though the Seatopians being counted as "aliens" is up in the air.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This one has been acknowledged by Tomoyuki Tanaka in a book so its not exactly a headcanon but ever since I read it, I've kind of adopted it into my own head

- Godzilla (1954) was a female and Minilla's mother.

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

Voyager
EDF Instructor

Post by Voyager »

The reason Minya stays as he appears in SoG is because when he was broken out of the eggs by the Kamacuras, it somehow stunted his development, as maybe he wasn’t ready yet.
I will serve the nation and protect it, preserving the freedom and liberty all citizens have the right to. For Australia! For Democracy!