Talkback Thread #12: Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
goji89
Keizer

Re: Talkback Thread #12: Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

Postby goji89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Dr. Professor wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Now I'm gonna go give Godzilla vs. Biollante a second chance as well.

:eh: .......Bro, Something wrong with Godzilla V Biollante? Please elighten me with your vastly superior movie critique.

:lol: I just found a good chunk of it boring the first time I watched it (which was also years ago). But trust me, I wanna love it, which is why I'm rewatching it right now.

Oh! Well then I wont distract you from watching one of thee best Godzilla movies ever. So yeah, go on ahead bro.

Gojira-Fan
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira-Fan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 am

So, I've rewatched this movie multiple times recently. Every single time I've found this movie very entertaining. It's probably one of my favorites now. It's strange, when I first got the Sony DVD in '05 or '06 I remember being really disappointed by this one. It's interesting how movie preferences change over time.

I most recently watched this with my girlfriend and she was getting so distressed when Godzilla was getting all beaten/bloodied up. The first time Godzilla bleeds she was so shocked. It was great to see how involved she got in all of it.
Last edited by Gojira-Fan on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freebleeper
Ronin

Postby Freebleeper » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:12 pm

What with fans getting all hostile with the blood in this one I mean do you remember Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla... THERE IS TONS OF BLOOD SHOOTING OUT OF GODZILLA'S FRIGGIN NECK!!! and he's lying on his back with blood on the bottom of his mouth and at an instant the human characters thought he was dead because he lay there motionless for a second. As gory or even more in my humble opinion.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

Hey look what I found, never thought I'd see fan art of this.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/oneshe ... l%20prints

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 am

Living Corpse wrote:Hey look what I found, never thought I'd see fan art of this.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/oneshe ... l%20prints

Omg it’s amazing. I actually completely forgot about this. Now all we need is Mamagon.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Return to “Showa Series (1930's-1970's)”