Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, but something's off

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, but something's off

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gaira escapes his containment facility expecting to vent his anger issues out on Varan, but the monster he finds isn't exactly who he's looking for... ... ...

Gaira (IDW)

VS

Godzilla (Amphibia)

Rules: Standard Heisei Scaling; at 15 minutes into the fight, Godzilla Amphibia is allowed to evolve into Godzilla Terrestris.

Battleground: Huanren Reservoir, China.

Verdict: Ultimately, I've gotta give this to Godzilla. Gaira's a nightmare of a melee fighter and will definitely land some painful injuries to Godzilla, but once the King of the Monsters brings out that flammable ice vapor, the Green Gargantua's in for a really bad day. Furthermore, given how he was already combat-ready enough to kill a Manda as Aquatilis, I would assume such melee combat prowess would be passed down to his Amphibia form, meaning he wouldn't b entirely helpless against Gaira's onslaught.

The only problem, however, is whether or not Amphibia has a healing factor like his later forms; a notion of which is never revealed or explained in the show.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, but something's off

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I really don't think Amphibia is a good kaiju for a FM.

Like, no matter what happens, every match will end the exact same. He activates the incendiary freezing breath, explodes and then is cocooned until Terrestries shows up.

And like, there's really nothing to go on from there. This will happen over and over and there's no real variance because either the enemy kaiju is instantly killed by the explosion (like Gaira here) or they survive and fight Terrestries (which is much closer to an actual fight)/destroy the cocoon.

Basically, Amphibia wins but I really think that's more because Amphibia isn't really a kaiju fit for fighting then any skills.

RIP Evan.