Final Wars: Showa Edition

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Final Wars: Showa Edition

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla (Showa, Megarogoji) vs. Anguirus (Showa, DAM onwards), Rodan (Showa, 2nd Generation), and King Caesar (Showa)

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_showa.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/anguirus_showa.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/rodan_showa.htm#64
[url][https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... wa.htm/url]

Verdict:
Rodan isn't likely to last through this since Megarogoji a has much more effective ray than the one he faced. That pretty much means he's not going to last through multiple rays. That does him a big favor since this won't be an easy fight. Anguirus works best in a team and though he's still likely to get beaten up especially due to the atomic ray, he has strong endurance and that should help Caesar. Not only is Caesar tough, but he is a rather strong melee fighter given his fight with Caesar only got rough because of the finger missiles and his ability is a good counter to the big internal gun Godzilla's got.

The problem is not only can he not be everywhere which means Anguirus is likely to get walloped by rays, but his ability is rather specific as it requires getting shot in the face and literally returning fire through his eye. Godzilla was smart enough to understand magnetism which gained he and Caesar their win over Mechagodzilla so understanding how the technique works shouldn't be too hard. He's superior to the two in melee, so weakening them first should give him the chance to close the distance and pulverize everyone. This definitely won't be an easy fight for the King of the Monsters. Still, this is something I think I'll give him... :godzilla: vs. :Anguirus: , :Rodan56: , and :KingCaesar:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Final Wars: Showa Edition

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Godzilla overwhelms Anguirus and King Caesar in decent timing—and then spends the next twelve hours duking it out with Rodan with no victory in sight for either of them until literal chance decides the winner.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Well, we know how well Anguirus does against Godzilla considering how he did against Fake Godzilla. Rodan is, at the absolute most, even with 64 Godzilla, which means Godzilla as he is in this battle demolishes Rodan. But, King Caesar was able to fight Mechagodzilla on mostly even footing before the latter started busting out its weaponry, so he can hold his own.

However, I have to give it to Godzilla even against all three because they can’t really put him down. Picking him up and dropping him already did jackshit in GTTHM, hell he might respond to getting picked up by turning his atomic ray downwards and taking Rodan on a trip. Anguirus biting him is nothing compared to Gigan wailing on him, same with King Caesar tackling and punching him. The trio will throw out everything they have, but Godzilla will just take them out one by one given how damn hard he can hit and how strong his Atomic Ray is compared to how it was in the 60s, I wouldn’t be surprised if Godzilla grabs Anguirus and starts using him as a damn club.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:42 pm Well, we know how well Anguirus does against Godzilla considering how he did against Fake Godzilla. Rodan is, at the absolute most, even with 64 Godzilla, which means Godzilla as he is in this battle demolishes Rodan. But, King Caesar was able to fight Mechagodzilla on mostly even footing before the latter started busting out its weaponry, so he can hold his own.

However, I have to give it to Godzilla even against all three because they can’t really put him down. Picking him up and dropping him already did jackshit in GTTHM, hell he might respond to getting picked up by turning his atomic ray downwards and taking Rodan on a trip. Anguirus biting him is nothing compared to Gigan wailing on him, same with King Caesar tackling and punching him. The trio will throw out everything they have, but Godzilla will just take them out one by one given how damn hard he can hit and how strong his Atomic Ray is compared to how it was in the 60s, I wouldn’t be surprised if Godzilla grabs Anguirus and starts using him as a damn club.
I "have to" say that last part would be pretty cool to see in a movie. :lol:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Gonna give it to Godzilla also. Godzilla is just such a well developed fighter at this point that I don't think either kaiju will last very long. They might be able to pin him down a bit with their numbers but eventually he will get a good hit in after tanking their blows. Caesar probably goes down first since he lost to Mechagodzilla but Godzilla is a better melee fighter even if he has less weapons than Mechagodzilla. Hard to say if Anguirus or Rodan is next but they will not be too far behind. I am leaning Rodan because Anguirus at this stage was willing to take a brutal pounding at this point whether it is against Mechagodzilla or Gigan. Rodan normally could keep Godzilla evenly matched in melee but as I said Godzilla at this stage is a far better fighter than when they first fought and will probably crush him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:41 pm Godzilla overwhelms Anguirus and King Caesar in decent timing—and then spends the next twelve hours duking it out with Rodan with no victory in sight for either of them until literal chance decides the winner.
Why would this be so? Rodan would get demolished if 70s Goji got his hands on him. This is the same Rodan that in IoAM and DAM was terrified of being hit by Ghidorah’s gravity beams.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

A couple of points I feel should be brought up:

- Godzilla would've lost in Godzilla vs. Megalon without Jet Jaguar and would've lost in Terror of Mechagodzilla had the humans not kept distracting Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla and making it more of a one-on-one fight. So as tough as he is, '70s Godzilla isn't the greatest at handicapped matches. And that's with 1-v-2, let alone a 1-v-3.

- People dismiss Rodan tying with '60s Godzilla just because '70s Godzilla is tougher, but why? The fact that he tied with any Godzilla means Rodan is not a kaiju to take lightly. Even at his peak, Godzilla's hardly going to be OHKO'ing him. That's like dismissing Godzilla just because Ghidorah, Hedorah, or Mechagodzilla were tougher.

- While they admittedly can't replicate the firepower of Mechagodzilla or the corrosive damage of Hedorah, I can't imagine that attacks like Anguirus' backwards shell slam and King Caesar's Space Titanium-breaking shoulder tackle won't hurt like hell and eventually take their toll.

- King Caesar survived an extended all-out assault from Mechagodzilla's arsenal (not to mention all the missiles and lasers he got hit with beforehand). As tough as Godzilla is, I doubt he'll be able to replicate that level of punishment.

- King Caesar will most likely be able to reflect Godzilla's atomic rays, which means he'll either have his main weapon turned against him or he'll be forced to stop using it.
Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:31 pmWhy would this be so? Rodan would get demolished if 70s Goji got his hands on him. This is the same Rodan that in IoAM and DAM was terrified of being hit by Ghidorah’s gravity beams.
Godzilla spent a good majority of the Planet X fight hiding from Ghidorah behind a rock. Also Rodan took several Gravity Beams to the wings and didn't even falter. Also also Godzilla got floored by the Gravity Beams in Godzilla vs. Gigan.
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Yeah I have to agree with TitanGoji16, while Showa Godzilla is stronger than any of the other Kaiju individually, the gap between them and himself is not as drastic as the FW versions of the characters. King Caesar could possibly (Depending on how his powers are seen to work on something like Atomic Breath) neutralize Godzilla's distance weapon, and if not Rodan is able to tank some shots in. Anguirus is tenacious as they come, Godzilla would have to damn neat cripple him to take him out of action and keeping focus on 3 of them is gonna be tricky.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:31 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:41 pm Godzilla overwhelms Anguirus and King Caesar in decent timing—and then spends the next twelve hours duking it out with Rodan with no victory in sight for either of them until literal chance decides the winner.
Why would this be so? Rodan would get demolished if 70s Goji got his hands on him. This is the same Rodan that in IoAM and DAM was terrified of being hit by Ghidorah’s gravity beams.
I agree with everything accept 4odan being afraid in MZ. Rodan took the gravity beams just as well as Godzilla did and the beams burned Godzilla's hands and feet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image