Mothra (Showa) vs Rodan (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Mothra (Showa) vs Rodan (Showa)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Mothra Imago (2nd Gen) vs Rodan (2nd Gen)

Arena: Osaka

Rules: Mothra is not near-death, she is as she is in Ebirah.

Verdict: I have to go with Mothra here. More potent hurricane winds, greater physical strength in her strikes (yes, Rodan can carry Godzilla through the air with ease, but Mothra is capable of smacking Godzilla to the ground with one strike and even when she was near-death in Mothra vs Godzilla, she is able to repeatedly drag him around and keep him on the ground), and the last resort of the poison powder. I don’t see her being able to kill Rodan, just as I don’t see Rodan being able to kill her, but I think Rodan will be the first one to call it quits and retreat.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mothra (Showa) vs Rodan (Showa)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'm giving this one to Rodan by a long shot. Mothra's strong and fast--but Rodan's stronger and faster, as well as far more durable. Like Mothra, he too was able to knock Godzilla sprawling with one strike. Mothra's only way to triumph is to somehow get Rodan into one spot and then spread her poison powder all over him--and given how Godzilla still pulled through it, I wouldn't be surprised if Rodan did the same before he then just flew up and knocked Mothra out of the sky.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image