Ultraman vs Gamera

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Ultraman vs Gamera

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Why should Godzilla and Kong get all the crossover fun?

Ultraman VS Gamera (Showa)

Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Gamera’s weight is scaled up
Only original series feats for Ultraman

Verdict: Ultraman should be able to deal with Gamera in three minutes. The fire breath shouldn’t do much to Ultraman, which means Gamera’s best bet is melee, but Ultraman is much more agile and physically strong than Showa Gamera. And, if Gamera takes to the skies, Ultraman is much better in the air as well. Once it comes time for Ultraman to start busting out the Spacium Ray, Gamera should be softened up enough for it to defeat him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Ultraman vs Gamera

Post by Voyager »

Gamera isn't much of a threat. To most kaiju. Ultraman should take this easily.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:24 pm Gamera isn't much of a threat. To most kaiju. Ultraman should take this easily.
Tell me how.

Gamera takes it. Once again, there's no damn way Ultraman is going to be able to get through Gamera's defenses in three minutes or less. Once again, as I've said before, Showa Ultra kaiju are an extremely low on the scale when it comes to kaiju from the same era. Ultraman has had trouble with far lesser opponents such as Gubira and Antlar. There's no way he's putting Gamera down for the count with all the damage he's been shown to survive.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:10 am
Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:24 pm Gamera isn't much of a threat. To most kaiju. Ultraman should take this easily.
Tell me how.

Gamera takes it. Once again, there's no damn way Ultraman is going to be able to get through Gamera's defenses in three minutes or less. Once again, as I've said before, Showa Ultra kaiju are an extremely low on the scale when it comes to kaiju from the same era. Ultraman has had trouble with far lesser opponents such as Gubira and Antlar. There's no way he's putting Gamera down for the count with all the damage he's been shown to survive.
The moment Gamera gets hurt he always pisses off and sleeps.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Showa Gamera, who can barely move his limbs much less use them as effective weapons, was wounded by shurikens that left no mark on a rock, has fire breath that does nothing to opponents who would explode from the weakest atomic ray, and repeatedly finds himself being wailed on by foes that can barely move is going to be too much for Ultraman. An agile fighter who can lift and throw around monsters at least high up on the Showa Godzilla series scale in terms of weight, has an ability that easily slices off kaiju’s limbs and is one of his more common techniques to use, and will be most likely completely unharmed by anything Gamera throws at him.

Stop assuming literally the lowest possible interpretation of Ultraman based off the weakest kaiju he’s fought.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Ultraman has this. Gamera always gets his ass kicked the first time round before coming back to finish the job. All of his monster have harmed him in some way and his skin is easily pierced by other monsters attacks. Ultraman outclasses Showa Gamera by a lot even with just the original series feats. Both can fly, but Ultraman has more attacks to use while in the air. On land, Ultraman has more mobility since he isn’t hampered by a shell. While Gamera does have fire, Ultraman has the Specium Ray, and if the Gyaos’ Sonic ray could cut through his skin, the cutting halos would definitely cut through him as well.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Voyager wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:29 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:10 am
Tell me how.

The moment Gamera gets hurt he always pisses off and sleeps.
And the moment Ultraman stubs his toe, his color timer goes off. What's your argument here?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

Honestly Ultraman from the Showa Era would easily beat Gamera both Showa and Heisei versions. Gamera kaiju arent impressive at all (zigra,viras,guiron,barugon,jiger,gyaos,iris) only legion and zedus are actually fightable kaiju and Gameras probably the best. Still thou the Turtle would lose to all versions of Godzilla and Ultraman and those 2 universes are probably dead even with each other in Power (with me favoring Ultraman due to the Insanity of the Ultra King and Noa) I dont hate Gamera I just really dont think he and his monsters would stand much of a chance against most versions of Ultraman and Godzilla and actually a lot of their monsters (like Gigan,Megalon,Hedorah,King Ghidorah,Kong,Mothra,Rodan,Destoroyah,Dark Baltan,Bullton,Antlar,Gomora,Yapool,Empera,Belial ect)

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

I'd say Ultraman, even in his show he's shown more impressive feats even on average when compared against Showa Gamera. Consistently. I'm not going to get into the ongoing argument at hand, don't have the time, but for reasoning I'll have to direct everyone to the thread I made in FM Analysis.

I mainly came into this thread to answer why Godzilla & Kong should have all the crossover fun, because Shin Ultraman is going to join Shin Godzilla soon in Shin Japan Heroes, leaving Kong out because Shin Kamen Rider would join them later instead, rightfully.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."