King Kong (2005) vs Greater Rathalos

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

King Kong (2005) vs Greater Rathalos

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

King Kong (05) vs Greater Rathalos

Showcase of Greater Rathalos: https://youtu.be/qyj99OZ0ihs
https://youtu.be/2IiL4TzT6ss

Arena: Skull Island (05)

Rules: Greater Rathalos is scaled down to be on the same scaling as Kong
No retreat

Verdict: Greater Rathalos. Kong’s going to get torched from a single shot of flame, and he doesn’t demonstrate the strength to kill Rathalos before that happens.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: King Kong (2005) vs Greater Rathalos

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Rathalos' flight gives him a big mobility and range advantage here, as he can simply fly out of Kong's reach and pelt him with fireballs. Kong could stand a solid chance in melee, but it's the combination of flight and fire breath that gives Rathalos the win.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’m giving this one to the Greater Rathalos. The flight combined with the flame attack is bound to do a lot of damage to Kong, alongside its sharp claws and spiked tail which it uses to smack people with. Plus it’s durable, handling an explosion to the face and machine gun fire from an aerial vehicle I don’t know the name of. Compared to 2005 Kong who was shot down by planes, I doubt he’s going to be able to overpower the Rathalos.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Rathalos stomps so hard it's almost funny. His downscaled size is probably the only thing keeping this from being the biggest mismatch in this forum's history. I'll go with the same scale as Kong with a V Rex, being Rathalos' shoulder is at the height of Kong's head.

And this goes with his showings against the military, because his brain just stopped functioning when faced with a hunter in the most abysmal display of plot armor I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03pZ2yjo_UY

Seriously, his displays of strength greatly out shine those of his opponent. The way that he so easily dismembers a tank and rips off the wings of a plane speaks volumes on his strength. Hell, the first thing he did was take a bite out of a military aircraft like it was made of cardboard. He did that via pressure application at the front of his mouth, where the jaw muscles are at their weakest, and yet he still ripped it apart.

Just compare that to the chains that restrained King Kong:
https://youtu.be/3_S7A6UwTG8

Those same restraints wouldn't have even inconvenienced Rathalos. He'd snap them on accident. And the train holding up against King Kong's assault so well at 3:40, and held rather well for what looked like minutes on end doesn't say good thinks about the strength comparison.

And the durability difference speaks for itself, Rathalos was only slightly annoyed by gunfire from modern fighter planes, the bullets literally shattering on his scales and leaving no damage to show for it. King Kong was felled by shots from rather primitive fighter planes, each shot hurting like hell. Again, Rathalos would have no sold the shots that killed Kong, and then dismembered/incinerated the planes. Even when it comes to falls, Rathalos is better at tanking those, considering that he just let himself drop out of the sky for a superhero landing and wasn't at all phased.

Quite frankly, the fight can go one of two ways, Rathalos starts in the air and hears Kong's challenging roar. And then promptly incinerates/abducts and mauls him bird of prey style.

Or, if Rathalos starts on the ground than he just bulldozes his opponent and rips him apart. With the sheer difference in durability, he's not likely to feel any retaliatory punches/bites. Hell, Kong is viable to hurt himself if he punches Rathalos at a bad angle and stabs his knuckles on the spikes. This is an absolute stomp.

Funnily enough, a Rathalos according to the game's lore would stomp even harder despite being smaller.
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Remember that Kong 2005 vs Smaug match where KKFan2005 said Kong could outrun the flames and I just posted Smaug torching Laketown in a single flyby?

This is the sequel.

Rathalos.

RIP Evan.