Godzilla (GMK) vs Gamera (Heisei)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Arena: Osaka

Rules: G3 Gamera.
Scaled.

Verdict: I actually have to go with Gamera here. The atomic ray will be brutal, and so will getting into melee with Godzilla, but Gamera has endured far worse. Between his potent fireballs, tenacity, and capability for flight, Gamera has what it takes to overcome the demonic saurian.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla (GMK) vs Gamera (Heisei)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Both Kaiju definitely have the means to finish each other off, but just barely I think Gamera has the larger chance of winning this one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Gamera doesn't really have enough power to really put down Godzilla. He has two moves that likely will, but both have repercussions for their use. The mana beam will annihilate Godzilla, but it takes a very long time to use and Godzilla's strongest beams will beat him to the punch. That mana punch will kill him too since it would destroy him from the inside. That needs him to get close enough, and he's going to get pounded and thrown all about when he gets close.

Gamera could fly to keep balance, but Godzilla's weaker shots should bring him down from that. I'm giving the win to GMK Godzilla here.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Mon May 17, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

I'm torn here. One has great durability but middling offenses, and the other has far greater offensive presence, but lackluster durability. Gamera's fireballs are going to HURT, but he also prefers to engage his foes up close and personal, same as GMK. I guess I find myself leaning Gamera slightly in that, yes the atomic breath is going to do a number to Gamera, but if he can do to GMK what he did to Iris or Legion, that is definitely going to secure him the win.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Good match and a close one at that. I think it could go either way. Godzilla's beam will probably do some serious damage to Gamera. Especially if he decides to do his nuke charge. However I think Gamera's fireballs would also do some serious damage to Godzilla. Plus Gamera is more adaptable than this Godzilla and might pull something like that plasma fist or Mana Beam. I guess I'll give Gamera the slight edge because he likes to get in close and Godzilla doesn't use his beam much up close.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla has that crippling weakness of exploding if he suffers even a tiny cut. I feel like Gamera can probably hang in there long enough to do that much damage, and then Godzilla will handle the rest himself.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio