Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

Post by Tomzilla »

It comes down to whether or not GKG's barrier can stop MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath.

We know GKG's barrier can stop Rainbow Mothra's powerful energy attacks. We also know Armor Mothra's energy blast seriously harmed GKG and it's unknown if his barrier a) tried and failed to stop it or b) was never activated. Either way, we don't know if Armor Mothra's attacks are 5x or 10x or 20x more powerful than Rainbow Mothra's. What we do know is MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath has powered up considerably over the past several years. In terms of feats we can compare and quantify, MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath is more impressive than not only Rainbow Mothra's attacks but Armor Mothra's energy projectile*.

* To avoid any confusion, Armor Mothra > MV Godzilla.

But can MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath put GKG down for the count before the King of Terror retaliates? That's where I'm on the fence. Both have enough firepower to incapacitate the other. GKG has more heads and appendages to discharge his attacks; MV Godzilla, however, has a devastating energy weapon and is vastly superior in CQC. It seems it comes down to whose durable enough to weather the inevitable damage while simultaneously retaliating tenfold.

Shrugs

Great fight! It's a doozy.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla (MV) vs Grand King Ghidorah

Post by Zasraniec »

[quote]Whichever attack makes the most sparks on a creature (A stylistic choice to convey damage) =/= does not equal it doing the most damage to something. There are times Heisei beams needed multiple blasts to make a building explode, compared to say MV Godzilla's base beam slicing through skyscrapers as if they were butter. Godzilla was only say to have the power to "destroy the Earth" during his Burning Form, specifically his meltdown mode which is not a state he can just at will transform into much like Fire Godzilla for MV Godzilla. As far as Ghidorah goes, the first time Ghidorah dodged the attack which was kinda hard to miss, and Ghidorah himself is a tanky female dog in the Heisei films with super regeneration to boot. It is not a weakness of Godzilla that Ghidorah could remain standing from one of his attacks (Though note Ghidorah needed to supercharge himself to gain the advantage on supercharged Godzilla). You want to talk help against enemies? Heisie Godzilla lost to Mothra & Battra, would've lost to Heisei King Ghidorah had it not been for the humans giving him a seizure (Where MV Ghidorah is basically Heisie Ghidorah on steroids), would've lost to Mechagodzilla without Rodan, would've lost to SpaceGodzilla without Moguera and could only get the better of Destoroyah cause he happened to be in a state of critical meltdown (Even then up to the meltdown point, Destoroyah was giving a respectable fight compared to MV Ghidorah being absolutely bodied by Fire Godzilla). I don't think it is much of a feat for Kaiju to kill dinosaurs (Heck it is even implied MV Ghidorah caused a similar catastrophy in ancient times till Godzilla fought him) and MV Mechagodzilla is as I mentioned before a monster.[/quote]

Both Heisei and MV Godzilla entered their nuclear form when given plenty of extra energy. This is something they actually have in common. MV Godzilla wasn't in control of this state either without Mothra's help. Also Godzilla was able to trounce Battra and Mothra 1v1. Even when being subdued by BOTH of them he was STILL able to kill Battra. That's pretty impressive. Plus I doubt the Futurians would have killed Godzilla. If he pulse waved and severed Ghidorah's head afterwards, what was stopping him from eventually doing that without human help? Heisei Godzilla also beat Mechagodzilla two out of three encounters. 3-1 win-loss ratio in Godzilla's favor. No outside interference in two of those. Yeah Spacegodzilla was too much for Godzilla, but he is guess what? A Heisei Godzilla clone! Not only that but a clone that survived going through black holes and flying around in space and he could have conquered Earth. A true super monster. Dest is also a super monster. Born of an oxygen destroyer. The fact Godzilla was able to beat him so decisively at critical mass says a lot of his power. So yeah I don't think Heisei Godzilla is weaker than MV Godzilla at all. Especially when we are pitting MV Godzilla up against a Ghidorah more powerful than most of the Heisei creatures Godzilla fought. I think you are misinterpreting me a tad in thinking MV Godzilla is weak. I don't think he is weak, he is just weak if you compare him to Heisei Godzilla. MV Godzilla is still pretty strong and has been though a lot. I just don't think MV Godzilla has the firepower or means to put Ghidorah down. Grand Ghidorah can regenerate from just a tail.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.