Mothra Leo vs. Godzilla Earth

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mothra_leo.htm#ls
https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Godzilla_Earth

Rules:
Leo starts out as Rainbow Mothra and both Light Speed and by extension Armor Mothra are available.

Verdict:

Mothra Leo's power mostly comes from his vast arsenal of energy attacks. Godzilla Earth's shield ensures that none of those attacks can reach him (that was what gave Grand King Ghidorah the upper hand between them despite his significantly slower speed after all). If he can survive to become Light Speed Mothra, he should then be able to get his ability to bypass the shield and beat him. However, Godzilla Earth will probably shoot him down before he can reach that as it took time to accomplish the transformation. Despite the speed advantage making it hard to truly land a hit and its powder possibly having slowing him down, I'm going to say Godzilla Earth will win.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Mothra Leo vs. Godzilla Earth

Post by Breakdown »

Oh god. Dear GOD this is a stomp. Godzilla Earth utterly annihilates Leo regardless of any transformation he uses. Almost anything Godzilla Earth has can one-shot or critically injure Leo, whereas Leo can't even so much as scratch Godzilla Earth.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

This is incredibly one sided. Even if we assume Leo immediately turns into AM, it still takes him a while to finally go for the Transcending Fate, and that's plenty of time for Godzilla Earth to just atomize the poor moth with anything he has. Hell, we don't even know if the Transcending Fate could even breach the barrier or Godzilla Earth's hide.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I don’t think anything from Toho’s library except Anime Ghidorah can beat Godzilla Earth. Anything.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Mothra Leo is not winning this fight. It took 65 million years to form Armor Mothra, and it took 20,000 years to make Godzilla Earth the size he is. Rainbow Mothra's attacks are not going to be piercing that shield any time soon. Armor Mothra might have a better chance since his beams pierced Grand King Ghidorah's barrier, but still, that's not going to be much with Godzilla Earth.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

From what I'm aware of, Anime Mothra fought Godzilla Earth to a standstill more than once, and her scales actually bypassed his shield and harmed him. If that's the case, then I think Mothra Leo's paralyzing powder is actually gonna cause some real trouble for Godzilla, not to mention reflect his beam back at him as well. And if Leo changes into his higher forms, then Godzilla's in even more trouble.

My vote's on Mothra Leo.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:13 pm From what I'm aware of, Anime Mothra fought Godzilla Earth to a standstill more than once, and her scales actually bypassed his shield and harmed him. If that's the case, then I think Mothra Leo's paralyzing powder is actually gonna cause some real trouble for Godzilla, not to mention reflect his beam back at him as well. And if Leo changes into his higher forms, then Godzilla's in even more trouble.

My vote's on Mothra Leo.
The only reason Anime Mothra was able to stalemate Godzilla is because her scales interfered with his shield on top of reflecting his ray.
ImageImage

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Giratina93 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm This is incredibly one sided. Even if we assume Leo immediately turns into AM, it still takes him a while to finally go for the Transcending Fate, and that's plenty of time for Godzilla Earth to just atomize the poor moth with anything he has. Hell, we don't even know if the Transcending Fate could even breach the barrier or Godzilla Earth's hide.

That’s assuming anything Godzilla has can break through AM’s armor.

I dunno why this match wasn’t AM to begin with, though.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla Earth's very existence makes every FM he takes part in one sided in his favor.

Not even MOthP can do shit against him for longer then a minute

RIP Evan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:38 pm
Giratina93 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:26 pm This is incredibly one sided. Even if we assume Leo immediately turns into AM, it still takes him a while to finally go for the Transcending Fate, and that's plenty of time for Godzilla Earth to just atomize the poor moth with anything he has. Hell, we don't even know if the Transcending Fate could even breach the barrier or Godzilla Earth's hide.

So you're implying that AM will be able to resist a beam who's feats include blowing up entire cities, leveling entire mountain ranges, and reducing Mount Fuji to a crater? Or obliterating the 14 kilometer MechaGodzilla City in 2 shots?

Or his sonic roar that literally reduced giant spaceships to dust?

Or his plasma tail cutter that leveled an entire forest made of the same bio-metal he is?

Sorry, but it seems inconceivable to me that Armor Mothra will be able to take a direct hit from Godzilla's beam and not be killed instantly or at the very least be mortally wounded.
ImageImage

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 pm

So you're implying that AM will be able to resist a beam who's feats include blowing up entire cities, leveling entire mountain ranges, and reducing Mount Fuji to a crater? Or obliterating the 14 kilometer MechaGodzilla City in 2 shots?
GKG's triple gravity beams didn't even phase Armor Mothra. Considering we've never seen so much of a hint of her upper durability limits, yes, it's entirely possible that Godzilla Earth's beams will be bouncing off too.

Plus, for obvious reasons, I tend to ignore the feats found only in tentatively canon Japanese tie-in material that none of us even have access to.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

FMs featuring Godzilla Earth tend to be stomps unless you put Earth against DBZ-esque opponents or the like. Even if scaled, Earth has the defenses and firepower to outmatch and take down Leo, even if the latter goes Armor mode.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
Breakdown wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:19 pm

GKG's triple gravity beams didn't even phase Armor Mothra. Considering we've never seen so much of a hint of her upper durability limits, yes, it's entirely possible that Godzilla Earth's beams will be bouncing off too.

Plus, for obvious reasons, I tend to ignore the feats found only in tentatively canon Japanese tie-in material that none of us even have access to.
Except that most of those feats can be seen or alluded to on screen. We literally see the ginormous crater that was left of Mount Fuji in COTEB, so the feats from the prequel novels are not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Godzilla Earth's weapons are vastly superior to GKG's. Thinking that AM will just shrug it off just as easily because we never see his upper limit is a fallacy.
ImageImage

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I said it before and say it again. I'm of the firm belief Godzilla Earth can actually just do whatever the hell it wants, even overpower the writers. He transcends his fictional universe and forces his will onto others. Thus is his power.

All I have to say to really end this is G-Earth's feats. 150 nukes point blank. Falling into a 800m crater and having Everest fall on him. Surviving a brush with a monster residing in another plain of existence whose own powers warp SPACE, TIME and the LAWS OF OUR REALITY and somehow managed to stubbornly not get Thanos'd by Void Ghidorah's mere existence in the area. At the end of the fight, Godzilla Earth's atomic beam CLOSED THE SINGULARITY that allowed Void Ghidorah to enter in the first place. Pretty sure that also had something to do with Void Ghidorah having to be forced to follow our realities rules, but even withstand.

His Atomic Breathed CLOSED A SINGULARITY. Leo gets absolutely gibed by Earth. Doesn't have a chance to go into Aqua or anything else. God forbid getting super charged to enter Light Speed and become Armored Mothra. Mothra Leo has a better chance of winning if he does the trademark attack of all Millenium Era Mothra's and self combusting onto or into Godzilla.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Anime Mothra was able to combat Godzilla Earth, so there is a degree he is vulnerable. Well...20,000 years ago. A lot changed in those years to make Godzilla Earth even more OP and his feats when he was "smaller" back then smash anything Mothra Leo has dealt with in any of his films. It took Anime Ghiodrah to challenge Godzilla Earth as he is now and he was able to only do it because it's a literal cheat that "transcends" standard dimension laws and wraps reality (And was quickly beaten when this advantage was removed).

I don't see Leo winning in any form.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Yikes. No Kaiju should ever have the (dis)honour to fight AniGoji. This is a stomp.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:13 pm From what I'm aware of, Anime Mothra fought Godzilla Earth to a standstill more than once, and her scales actually bypassed his shield and harmed him. If that's the case, then I think Mothra Leo's paralyzing powder is actually gonna cause some real trouble for Godzilla, not to mention reflect his beam back at him as well. And if Leo changes into his higher forms, then Godzilla's in even more trouble.

My vote's on Mothra Leo.
The only reason Anime Mothra was able to stalemate Godzilla is because her scales interfered with his shield on top of reflecting his ray.
I'm pretty sure it was because Godzilla's own beam interferes with his own shield, thus if it can be reflected then Goji is in for some real trouble.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm

My vote's on Mothra Leo.
I'm pretty sure it was because Godzilla's own beam interferes with his own shield, thus if it can be reflected then Goji is in for some real trouble.
The book literally states her scales interfere with his shield.
ImageImage

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 am
Kaijuking101 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm

The book literally states her scales interfere with his shield.
Okay then, my mistake.