Gamera Vs Super X 3

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Gamera Vs Super X 3

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

Super X3: https://www.tohokingdom.com/aliens_sdf/super-x3.htm
Gamera Heisei: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gamera.htm
Scaled sizes. Gamera 2 version of Gamera.
Verdict: Super X3 may be the most underrated thing in the series. It just pulled up on Burning Godzilla and beat him then Destoroyah too. It tanked Spiral Ray's like a tough breeze. Those five shot Destroyed Spacegodzilla & Super Mechagodzilla. Granted SpaceG may have already have been worn out from regular atomic blasts & MOGUERA. And SMG's armor plating melted as soon as Godzilla took Rodan's energy. But still.
Gamera should be a tougher opponent than Godzilla as he can actual fly after the Super X3 as opposed to just taking its icey assault.
Gamera is a bit more versatile than Godzilla too in his fire manipulation healing and summoning Mana should the need be.
I think Gamera wins through eventually ramming the Super X to the ground. Physical damage is probably worse for the ship than even Energy attacks. Gamera Wins 6/10.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Gamera Vs Super X 3

Post by Gigantis »

X-3 might be able to freeze Gamera in before then, but if he gets even a single blow, punch or fireball on it, it's done for.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Super X 3 never got hit with any Spiral Rays for the record. The beams Godzilla nails the Super X with don't have Spirals.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Now this is an interesting match up. Gamera's fireballs have some impressive kinetic and explosive power but I think when it comes to long range, the Super-X3 is gonna win this. It managed to freeze Burning Godzilla whose body temperature was higher than even most monsters. We don't really have a reference for how cold or warm Gamera's body is. Should any of the cadmium missiles make a direct hit in Gamera's mouth it might interfere with the chain reactions inside his body that act as a bio-furnace and interfere with his ability to generate fire to shoot fireballs or even fly. There's also the fact that Gamera can be shot out of the sky, even G3 Gamera was stunned for a few seconds before regaining control of his flight.

Now this isn't a one sided fight. Gamera can fly faster than the Super-X3 and even has more options, with his saucer mode giving him more maneuverability. If he gets close a slap or a hit with the elbow spikes would be bad news. Even biting down on the Super-X3 pretty much means game over. I think it depends on if they managed to chill Gamera a little bit before he even takes to the sky and slow him down.

I'm giving it to the Super-X3 but Gamera could win if he gets to the sky first and avoids too many direct hits.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Super X 3 never got hit with any Spiral Rays for the record. The beams Godzilla nails the Super X with don't have Spirals.
It was still stronger than his blue breath which was effective against machinery from 200 years in the future and SpaceG didn't want to tank them. Super X3 ain't no slouch.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The Super X3 was able to tank shots from the Burning Heat Ray (It seems to conflict if it is a Spiral or not) but regardless it is a lot stronger than a normal Atomic Breath which was enough to punch holes in Biollante as well as down Battra & Mothra. It should be able to take a hit from Gamera's fireball, but it needs to avoid too many.

Gamera has the speed advantage here, so it could likely avoid a number of Cadmium Missiles or the Freezer Beam. But this Gamera is a bit...squishy, to be kind. It was knocked out of the sky by a regular jet and tends to be a gore victim. So if the Super X3 can get hits on Gamera they will pack a punch, not enough to take it out one shot but not one to tickle either.

Really if it can get a few consecutive shots with the freeze arsenal Gamera would be screwed. It managed to freeze solid Burning Godzilla for even a temporary period, it would have no issues with the much cooler pardon the pun Gamera.

I think it is a very close match, but in the end I would slightly favor Gamera. Maybe 5.5-6.5 based on its speed, but the Super X3 can easily get the win in kind.