Gwangi vs King Kong (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Gwangi vs King Kong (Showa)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hyped up melee fighter death battle

Gwangi's stats
Monky's stats

Arena: Faro Island

Rules:

Gwangi has been scaled up to 35 meters tall and 113 meters long (basically beefed up to Gorosaurus/Allosaur from the original size)
Kong can go lightning

Verdict: Pretty sure this is Gwangi's fight unless Showa Kong gets lucky and lightnings up in time to beat the shit out of him before those jaws snap his neck.

RIP Evan.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Gwangi vs King Kong (Showa)

Post by GmkGoji »

Oh Ho, More Gwangi.

Kong wins if he gets lightning, Gwangi if not.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kong has the brute strength to kill Gwangi. However, he failed to utilize such brute strength to kill Godzilla. There's no reason to think he'd do the same here.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Kong could stand a chance with his strength and intellect, but Gwangi fights a lot more aggressively than Kinggoji, and he'll be ripping into Kong with his teeth the moment they get within melee range. Kong's best chance is to get juiced up with electricity, which could very well spell doom for Gwangi. Otherwise, though, Gwangi might be able to win this.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:Kong has the brute strength to kill Gwangi. However, he failed to utilize such brute strength to kill Godzilla. There's no reason to think he'd do the same here.
I dunno, nothing in the rules says Kong has to out right kill Gwangi.
The electricity grip is gonna do some damage I believe.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Showa Kong beat Gorosaurus's arse, Gwangi is gonna die here.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

King Kong has the durability. He showed no signs of physical damage against Godzilla's claws and teeth, he was totally resistant to the atomic breath, and with the stats you gave he would be way bigger than Gwangi. King Kong takes it easy.
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KingKong2005 wrote:King Kong has the durability. He showed no signs of physical damage against Godzilla's claws and teeth, he was totally resistant to the atomic breath, and with the stats you gave he would be way bigger than Gwangi. King Kong takes it easy.

Oooooooooh.

Shit.

Sorry everyone, I forgot something.

Kong is the 1962 version but he has the SIZE of the 1967 one. So Gwangi is Gorosaurus's size as he was in that movie, not 10 meters shorter.

RIP Evan.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:King Kong has the durability. He showed no signs of physical damage against Godzilla's claws and teeth, he was totally resistant to the atomic breath, and with the stats you gave he would be way bigger than Gwangi. King Kong takes it easy.

Oooooooooh.

poop.

Sorry everyone, I forgot something.

Kong is the 1962 version but he has the SIZE of the 1967 one. So Gwangi is Gorosaurus's size as he was in that movie, not 10 meters shorter.
I see, that makes a bit more sense. But I concur with what I said, King Kong would still take the win. He's just too much for Gwangi, especially if he goes Lightning Kong.
Image Image