(MonsterVerse) King Ghidorah vs. Legion

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: MonsterVerse King Ghidorah vs. Legion

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Let's not forget Ghidorah's scales were said to be electric conductors, so all those legion soldiers could potentially be overloaded and steam-fried in an instant if one or more of Ghidorah's own bolts of lightning struck him.
when the skreoonk was this stated?
On the Monarch website i believe, i also found an exact quote from over on Wikizilla of this ability

"Conducting scales:
Monarch scientists theorize that King Ghidorah's scales are gilded with trace amounts of aurum which act as conductors, capable of carrying bio-electrical currents throughout his body. This allows Ghidorah to conduct electricity through his body and project it in different ways, either through the gravity beams he spits from his mouth or the lightning bolts he fires from his wings."
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Even if Ghidorah can defend himself against the symbiotic Legion, he still has to worry about them swarming all electrical grids in the area and the Queen's laser horn and force-field negating the gravity beams.

I feel the need to also mention that as long as Legion can hold out, she can constantly produce hundreds of legion every hour.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Stump Feet wrote:Even if Ghidorah can defend himself against the symbiotic Legion, he still has to worry about them swarming all electrical grids in the area and the Queen's laser horn and force-field negating the gravity beams.

I feel the need to also mention that as long as Legion can hold out, she can constantly produce hundreds of legion every hour.
The EM Beam, while strong, has horrendous accuracy. She flat out missed multiple times with it. I will concede that if it hits Ghidorah it'll probably hurt a lot and cause serious injuries though.

As for the symbiotic Legion, this Ghidorah has demonstrated to be an intelligent combatant and I can see him trying to destroy her belly pouch to prevent her from spawning more of them. I don't think her shield will help her against point blank combined gravity beams.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Breakdown wrote: I don't think her shield will help her against point blank combined gravity beams.
Something to certainly think about, but it's not like Legion's exactly helpless if Ghidorah got that close and personal, IIRC Legion was able to stab Gamera's body (I think through his shell even) with her horn when he tried to take the fight face to face, and with Ghidorah being as smart as he is, getting poked once with that thing will be enough to make him wanna target it and we all know what'd happen after that. Her blast may not be accurate but those whips are...
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Legion hands down. The only real attack that ever did any real harm to Legion was the Mana Beam so I doubt Ghidorah's gravity beams will get past Legion's barrier. In Melee, Ghidorah will fare better but Legion's swarm will eventually get the better of him, plus Legion isn't a slouch in melee as well. Whether it is Legion's horn beam or laser whips, poor Kevin doesn't stand a chance, especially combined with the swarm. Gamera struggled 1v1 with Legion and that was with the swarm distracted!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Just Ghidorah's presence causes Cat 6 Hurricanes resulting in countless tornadoes, lightning storms and catastrophic floods.

I doubt most of the swarm even reaches Ghidorah, and I'd assume being insectoid in nature, Legion would have a pretty hard time in those conditions.

But let's say 50% of the swarm does reach Ghidorah, then as we said earlier, Ghidorah has scales which are gilded with trace amounts of aurum which act as conductors. So a few strikes of lightning and those buggers are fried.

Speaking of, if Ghidorah (since we know he has quite the intelligence) manages to grab hold of Legion, lift her into Orbit, drop her, and then strike her with lightning bolts, she'd likely be close to death right?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:Just Ghidorah's presence causes Cat 6 Hurricanes resulting in countless tornadoes, lightning storms and catastrophic floods.

I doubt most of the swarm even reaches Ghidorah, and I'd assume being insectoid in nature, Legion would have a pretty hard time in those conditions.

But let's say 50% of the swarm does reach Ghidorah, then as we said earlier, Ghidorah has scales which are gilded with trace amounts of aurum which act as conductors. So a few strikes of lightning and those buggers are fried.

Speaking of, if Ghidorah (since we know he has quite the intelligence) manages to grab hold of Legion, lift her into Orbit, drop her, and then strike her with lightning bolts, she'd likely be close to death right?

it isn't gonna matter if she can just fly away... and i don't think Legions species is really insectoid. they may LOOK that way but you gotta remember there aliens,they could have very well have been on a planet similar to Ghidorah's storm before.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote: it isn't gonna matter if she can just fly away... and i don't think Legions species is really insectoid. they may LOOK that way but you gotta remember there aliens,they could have very well have been on a planet similar to Ghidorah's storm before.
That's true, so maybe he could grapple her in place and kinda *SHAZAM* her a few times? Could she be drowned? I doubt it since her stature is so straight, but her being in the water while being forcefully struck by lightning multiple times will definitely not feel good lol.

But yeah, the point stands that Ghidorah's environmental powerset may prove to be the winning factor here.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote: it isn't gonna matter if she can just fly away... and i don't think Legions species is really insectoid. they may LOOK that way but you gotta remember there aliens,they could have very well have been on a planet similar to Ghidorah's storm before.
That's true, so maybe he could grapple her in place and kinda *SHAZAM* her a few times?Could she be drowned? I doubt it since her stature is so straight, but her being in the water while being forcefully struck by lightning multiple times will definitely not feel good lol.

But yeah, the point stands that Ghidorah's environmental powerset may prove to be the winning factor here.
how do you drown someone that can breath in space?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
That's true, so maybe he could grapple her in place and kinda *SHAZAM* her a few times?Could she be drowned? I doubt it since her stature is so straight, but her being in the water while being forcefully struck by lightning multiple times will definitely not feel good lol.

how do you drown someone that can breath in space?
Ask Godzilla lmao...

Nah but seriously while that's true, let's not forget Ghidorah was frozen solid in KOTM, yet could breath in space.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

This fantasy match is one helluva fight! Props to Stump Feet for coming up with it.

Legion's swarm is the greatest threat to King Ghidorah. It looks like Ghidorah has two ways of neutralizing the swarm:

1) Unleashing an electrifying AoE (Area of Effect) attack. Ghidorah did this after draining Boston's power grid. I'm not prepared to grant him this power from the start, as it appears to be an attack that is only achievable via power absorption. Of course, nothing is stopping Ghidorah from seeking out such power outlets, especially if his life hangs in the balance.

2) Manifesting a Category VI storm. Gamera was able to dislodge the swarm by spinning rapidly. I have no doubt a Category VI storm could do the same.

Since time is of the essence, I think Ghidorah's best shot at survival would be to initiate #2.

In terms of brute strength, Legion is an imposing titan. Despite her vulnerabilities (i.e., tiny arms and abdominal area), she is strong enough to combat Ghidorah in close quarters combat, maybe even best him in certain areas. Ghidorah is a mighty creature and would eventually beat her in a physical contest -- mainly because he's faster and can use his powers of flight to pounce -- but oh-my-God-zilla, would it be an intense showdown.

Inevitability, we'll see each combatant's energy attacks come into play. Legion's electromagnetic blast is one of the most powerful kaiju attacks ever committed to screen. She'd be nigh-unstoppable were it not for her lousy aim. King Ghidorah's gravity beams are basic as far as kaiju beam attacks go. Interestingly, when the gravity beams are concentrating on the same target they do end up packing quite the wallop (e.g., see how they downed Godzilla in their antarctic fight and pushed him into a hole).

I'd be curious to see what would happen if Legion is charging up her electromagnetic blast and one of Ghidorah's heads (probably Kevin) bit into Legion's face in an attempt to absorb the electrical energy. I mean, Ghidorah does have heads to spare and can always regrow it if lost, so...

What a matchup. When one monster does something drastic that gains the upper hand (example: Ghidorah blitzing Legion by pouncing on her horns, breaking them), the other has a trick up their sleeve that changes the tide of battle (example continued: Legion activates her Laser Whips).

If forced to choose, I'd pick Ghidorah.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

After reading some of the other posts, I'm gonna lean Ghidorah. Generally he's surrounded by storm systems simply by being in contact with the air. So chances are he's automatically going to be bringing a hurricane with him when he arrives on the battlefield. The storms will really hinder the swarm's ability to fly without getting blown around by the wind. I'd say visibility would also be an issue, but from what little I remember all of the Legion have some weird electromagnetic vision that allows them to see electric currents.

Also when the Legion attacked the power stations, didn't they like...die? I specifically remember one scene where it's during the day and people are looking up as power lines that have a dozen dead Legion soldiers on them, and one of them falls off the power lines and spooks the onlookers.
ImageImage

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Ghidorah's Category 6 Storm didn't even come into play in Boston, or Antarctica. Why would it suddenly manifest itself to kill the Legion Soldiers? Also, what's stopping Legion from skewering Ghidorah like she did to Gamera? I'm not so sure Ghidorah can handle a beating like Gamera can. Regen or not, a leg through the chest isn't gonna do Ghidorah any favors. I just don't see how Ghidorah can put down Legion for good.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

What is it with this reoccurring storm nonsense? Sure, a grounded Ghidorah’s presence creates storms overhead, but it’s not like there’s an ever-present hurricane swirling around his immediate area. And, more importantly, it’s not like the chaotic weather makes it impossible to maneuver successfully. KOTM’s Kaiju, jets, helicopters, land vehicles and even the people running around can all attest to that fact. So even if you wanna argue that a flying swarm will be too hampered to overrun Ghidorah, a grounded assault is more than a viable alternative for them. Hell, it’s how they attacked Gamera in the first place.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

As some of our members posted before me already stated, I call bullshit on this CAT VI storm being of any use. It most certainly wasn't useful against Rodan who literally flew right through it without suffering as much of a single lightning strike. Nor have we've seen Ghidorah manifest one in a form of retreat against airborne kaiju or military assaults.

His only form of retaliation against the swarm is doing that crazed multidirectional lightning burst like he did after getting juiced from Boston's power grid. And that's if the swarm doesn't already chew up any power sources during the fight.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

To the top 3 users, nothing says the storm cannot be manifested and used by Ghidorah accordingly. Those tornadoes, the massive flooding as well as the severe lightning that was so specific, it struck and disintegrated 2 soldiers and multiple Monarch Raptors, will definitely do some damage to Legion and her soldiers.

Ghidorah can summon lightning whenever he pleases, just because he didn't use it against Rodan, doesn't mean he cannot do it. As we saw, as soon as they collided he manhandled Rodan. His only form of "retaliation" is certainly not manmade energy sources, those were random nearby boosts for him. I'm sure he could just spread his wings and catch about 6 bolts of lightning which is well beyond boiling hot to the touch, getting rid of any pests the Legion has to offer.
but it’s not like there’s an ever-present hurricane swirling around his immediate area
Except on the radars in the film he is most certainly at the eye of the storm that his aura alone is carrying.
KOTM’s Kaiju, jets, helicopters, land vehicles and even the people running around can all attest to that fact.
KOTMs kaiju? Godzilla got pretty messed up by some of Ghidorah's lightning skill set. Land vehicles were constantly dealing with horrid terrain, Monarch boats were literally floating by the sides of buildings due to the massive floods, the people all around were getting zapped and disintegrated.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Regarding the efficacy of Ghidorah's storm, one important thing to note is how its electromagnetic effects would neutralize the Legion Swarm. It's a proven fact that the Legion Swarm are easily distracted by electromagnetic devices. Ghidorah's storm would draw them in like a gigantic-sized buffet. I can't see the swarm being much of a threat after that, what with them being preoccupied with a meal they'll never catch.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Ghidorah's Category 6 Storm didn't even come into play in Boston, or Antarctica. Why would it suddenly manifest itself to kill the Legion Soldiers? Also, what's stopping Legion from skewering Ghidorah like she did to Gamera? I'm not so sure Ghidorah can handle a beating like Gamera can. Regen or not, a leg through the chest isn't gonna do Ghidorah any favors. I just don't see how Ghidorah can put down Legion for good.
The storm was beginning to manifest as Ghidorah bailed out of Antarctica, and I'm guessing you forget the literal storm wall he brought with him as he was arriving in Boston? Also Washington DC was completely devastated by Ghidorah's storms.

Also Ghidorah isn't as frail as Gamera, who spewed blood like a fountain just from being hit by Legion's rear legs. Before you bring up Ghidorah getting decapitated by Godzilla, I'd like to remind you that it took Godzilla preforming a death-roll on that neck and chomping down on it with all his strength for at least a minute before he was able to tear the head off. I'm sure you're aware of how devastating a death-roll is to prey when a Crocodile uses it, now scale that up to kaiju size.
KOTM’s Kaiju, jets, helicopters, land vehicles and even the people running around can all attest to that fact.
Most of whom are larger, have more mass, and better flight capabilities than the swarm who are literally filled with air and fly via wings like a mosquito or beetle. If anything, that would make it even harder for them to fly in bad weather.

So even if you wanna argue that a flying swarm will be too hampered to overrun Ghidorah, a grounded assault is more than a viable alternative for them. Hell, it’s how they attacked Gamera in the first place.
Which would conveniently allow Ghidorah to annihilate them with a barrage of Gravity Beams. He has no qualms or issue shooting small targets. He'd disintigrate dozens of them at a time, and with 3 heads to do so.

Adding onto what Tomzilla said, the swarm will prioritize electromagnetic sources above all else. When they brought the power station online the entire swarm flat out ignored the queen's orders and flew straight for the grid.
ImageImage

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

_JNavs_ wrote:To the top 3 users, nothing says the storm cannot be manifested and used by Ghidorah accordingly. Those tornadoes, the massive flooding as well as the severe lightning that was so specific, it struck and disintegrated 2 soldiers and multiple Monarch Raptors, will definitely do some damage to Legion and her soldiers.

Ghidorah can summon lightning whenever he pleases, just because he didn't use it against Rodan, doesn't mean he cannot do it. As we saw, as soon as they collided he manhandled Rodan. His only form of "retaliation" is certainly not manmade energy sources, those were random nearby boosts for him. I'm sure he could just spread his wings and catch about 6 bolts of lightning which is well beyond boiling hot to the touch, getting rid of any pests the Legion has to offer.
If Ghidorah never liberally used his storm’s properties in purposeful combat on-screen, he won’t here. The infrequent, stray bolts of lightning that take out a few Legion soldiers certainly won’t be putting a meaningful dent in the threat posed by the whole swarm.
Except on the radars in the film he is most certainly at the eye of the storm that his aura alone is carrying.
When he’s flying, sure. But when he’s grounded, Ghidorah is not perpetually surrounded by a storm.

KOTMs kaiju? Godzilla got pretty messed up by some of Ghidorah's lightning skill set.
I was referring to the lightning coming from the storms, not from Ghidorah directly. From what I recall, his weather abilities did not affect a single kaiju in the movie.
Land vehicles were constantly dealing with horrid terrain, Monarch boats were literally floating by the sides of buildings due to the massive floods, the people all around were getting zapped and disintegrated.
The flooding is moot since it won’t be a factor in the fight. But the main point is that despite all of that, there were a plethora of instances of things being able to maneuver in spite of the atmospheric chaos. Monsters, aircrafts, vehicles, and people were able to move around successfully without being zapped or otherwise severely hampered by the weather.
Breakdown wrote: Most of whom are larger, have more mass, and better flight capabilities than the swarm who are literally filled with air and fly via wings like a mosquito or beetle. If anything, that would make it even harder for them to fly in bad weather.
My point isn’t that they won’t find it difficult at all to fly in bad weather; I’m disputing the notion that some unfavorable rain and wind speed, alone, will be enough to entirely prevent the swarm from reaching Ghidorah.
Which would conveniently allow Ghidorah to annihilate them with a barrage of Gravity Beams. He has no qualms or issue shooting small targets. He'd disintigrate dozens of them at a time, and with 3 heads to do so.

Adding onto what Tomzilla said, the swarm will prioritize electromagnetic sources above all else. When they brought the power station online the entire swarm flat out ignored the queen's orders and flew straight for the grid.
If the Queen is pressing the attack as well, Ghidorah won’t have such an easy time annihilating an entire horde of widely dispersed, mobile soldiers. Never mind the fact that he was inconsistent in shooting down small targets. One minute he’s blasting some random soldiers, the next he’s letting a group of jets fly and fire at him without attacking.

And to address the EM point you and Tomzilla made, it’s a proven fact that the swarm is easily distracted by electromagnetic devices that give off the same frequency that they use to communicate. That was a point that was clearly specified in the movie, and unless you can prove that Ghidorah’s storms will be reliably generating a similar pattern, you have a weak point here. And on top of all of that, even if the storms possess the right pattern, it would mean that Ghidorah himself would be giving off the same signature (and at a distractingly greater intensity).

Any way you slice it, the soldiers are getting to Ghiddy.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

_JNavs_ wrote:Ghidorah can summon lightning whenever he pleases, just because he didn't use it against Rodan, doesn't mean he cannot do it. As we saw, as soon as they collided he manhandled Rodan. His only form of "retaliation" is certainly not manmade energy sources, those were random nearby boosts for him. I'm sure he could just spread his wings and catch about 6 bolts of lightning which is well beyond boiling hot to the touch, getting rid of any pests the Legion has to offer.
Of course he can summon a storm, no one's arguing that he can't. I'm just saying he just doesn't do so on a whim and as a strategical sense at all. If OP stated this fight will be strictly airborne then I would be inclined to see your point. But as far as what's shown, it doesn't appear outside as a method of travel. As far as what's shown, it's incredibly hard to gauge this "aurum scale conduction that's hot to the touch" when we've never even seen it in action. And that random bolt of lightning that vaporized the soldiers in Boston is a iffy source of evidence when it's own clear if it came from the storm or Ghidorah.

I'm not quite confident how long the swarm sat there chewing on this electromagnetic device, but that's inferring there will be human interference in this match. Besides that, there's no other form of on-screen defense against the swarm.