Gwangi vs. Showa Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Gwangi vs. Showa Ghidorah

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Time to me to jump on this accursed bandwagon.

Gwangi vs. King Ghidorah (Showa)

Arena: Gwangi's Valley
Rules: Ghidorah is scaled to Gwangi's height.

I am torn on this. While Gwangi has been "proven" to be quite durable, I highly doubt he can content with Ghidorah's constant spam of Gravity Beams and airborne manoeuvrability. But if Ghidorah tries to engage in close quarters, I cannot accurately say that he has what it takes to match the dinosaur. I am going to need to consider this a bit more before deciding on an answer.
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Gwangi vs. Showa Ghidorah

Post by Gigantis »

Gwangi's comeback continues!

Think he could take this. If not by death then by retreat seeing that's how Ghidorah played back then. His Jaw strength is certainly gonna leave a dent, and his hide can protect him in case he ends up in Anguirus's situation.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Really, I think this all depends on how Gwangi reacts to the gravity beams. Not so much of their damage, but light show. He obviously doesn't like fire. Thus, there's a good chance he might shy away from the energy attacks as well. They MIGHT cause him to flee, giving the win to Ghiddy. However... if they don't...

Ghidorah could probably still manage to win, but a hard fought battle. Gwangi has all the durability of a standard Toho kaiju, but Ghidorah severely outclasses him in physical strength. It'd be a brutal fight, but leaning Ghidorah.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ghidorah stomps.

Since he's scaled down to Gwangi's size, I see him lifting Gwangi up like an eagle and throwing him into each building on the block, back and forth, while beam spamming him at point blank range. Akin to Ebony Maw vs Doc Strange from IW.

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
Oh I didn't see it's Gwangi's Valley, okay, so basically what I said, but instead of buildings, he gets rag dolled into mountains with a higher drop off point.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

_JNavs_ wrote:Since he's scaled down to Gwangi's size, I see him lifting Gwangi up like an eagle and throwing him into each building on the block, back and forth, while beam spamming him at point blank range. Akin to Ebony Maw vs Doc Strange from IW.
When the hell did Showa KG ever do ANY of that?

Also >buildings
u wot m8

Anyway, this'll probably play out a lot like what happened between Gorasaurus and KG in DAM. Gwangi gets repelled by the Gravity beams at first due to being startled by them rather than actually hurt, then he rushes in and clamps down on one of KG's necks and drags the space dragon off his feet. If KG took to the air and stayed up there while raining down Gravity beams, he'd win. But that's not how Showa KG fights, and that's what will ultimately lose the fight for him.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

He did something similar to metal in ZoneFighter, that's about it.
But if Gwangi can tank the Gravity Beams, Ghidorah's got plenty of necks for him to bite.
If KG took to the air and stayed up there while raining down Gravity beams, he'd win. But that's not how Showa KG fights, and that's what will ultimately lose the fight for him.
Like he was probably going to do before Godzilla walked over and punched him in the dick and dragged him back onto the ground.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.