GMK Cast vs Monsterverse Ghidorah (Spoilers)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

GMK Cast vs Monsterverse Ghidorah (Spoilers)

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah vs Monsterverse King Ghidorah

Arena: Mount Fuji

Rules:
Standard
GMK KG starts off with his shield and can use his Gravity Bolts from the beginning

Verdict: Giving this one to Monsterverse Ghiddy, mostly for his strength, regeneration, and melee skills. Mothra wouldn't last too long, though she could be a decent distraction for a bit, and while GMK Ghidorah's energy shield attack might work, it being a one time attack means it won't contribute much. Godzilla could stand the best chance here, especially if he can absorb Monsterverse Ghidorah's Gravity Beams, but outside of his charged Atomic Ray, I don't think Goji can accomplish much before getting dropped from the sky and drained of his power. GMK Ghidorah's own Gravity Bolts lack the feats necessary to be of any major use against his Monsterverse counterpart in the long run.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GMK Cast vs Monsterverse Ghidorah (Spoilers)

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Time to break out the caskets, because three graves will be filled tonight .

What on earth are any of the GMK trio supposed to do here? Ghidorah doesn't even need his gravity bolts for this. He can rip his heroic counterpart and mothra apart before they can scream, and GMK godzilla is getting his ass kicked. Ghidorah's regen and vastly superior close quarters combat to any of his adversaries means they have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Legendary Ghidorah will be restricted to melee against GMK Godzilla though, since his "gravity bolts" are just electricity, like GMK Ghidorah's. There's nothing stopping Godzilla from absorbing it just as he did with his own Ghidorah's gravity bolts.

I'd say this fight hinges on whether Legendary Ghidorah wises up about shooting Godzilla *before* Godzilla gains enough power to unleash a super changed atomic blast. Legendary Ghidorah isn't particularly durable and I can easily see that beam doing incredible damage.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I can see GMK Godzilla being enough of a dirty fighter to give the MV KG a run for his money. Godzilla's skin completely stopped the D-03 missiles from harming him at all. Godzilla is also cunning and relentless, I can honestly see him ripping the left and right heads off, and seems to sense if something tries to attack him from behind.
MV Ghidorah's regen might be enough to save him, but a relentless attack from Godzilla could stop that, his atomic breath is different from the MV Godzilla. Not to mention GMK Ghidorah could technically charge Godzilla up, even if he didn't the other Ghidorah would do it unintentionally.

Remember, the GMK cast is supernatural. When MV Ghidorah murders the other King Ghidorah and Mothra, their spirits will just hold him down long enough for Godzilla to obliberate him however he wants. I also doubt Ghidorah could bite down and absorb spirits.....

....this Godzilla truly is the one who is many.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Legendary Ghidorah will be restricted to melee against GMK Godzilla though, since his "gravity bolts" are just electricity, like GMK Ghidorah's. There's nothing stopping Godzilla from absorbing it just as he did with his own Ghidorah's gravity bolts.

I'd say this fight hinges on whether Legendary Ghidorah wises up about shooting Godzilla *before* Godzilla gains enough power to unleash a super changed atomic blast. Legendary Ghidorah isn't particularly durable and I can easily see that beam doing incredible damage.

A few things:

1. GMK Goji didn't just immediately start absorbing the electricity. Remember, GMK Ghidorah's electrical bites were causing damage, and it took some exposure to that for GMK Goji to adapt and absorb the gravity bolts. Ghidorah's bolts will be doing plenty to Goji before he begins to absorb them eventually.

2. Even IF he immediately begins to absorb them... so what? MV Ghidorah is smart enough and aware enough to realize a potential situation and take advantage of it. If he sees GMK Goji absorbing his energy, he'll just start siphoning it back, especially since GMK Goji is NOT very fast on the beams.

3. This Ghidorah is not beam spammy himself (outside of when he was chasing down Emma). He much prefers to brawl it out against his opponents, and that is where GMK Goji is at a severe disadvantage. Yes, he's a tanky bitch, but Ghidorah himself is also reasonably durable, taking no real damage from atomic breaths that were blasting him off his feet, and only really suffering damage during Godzilla's death roll in round 2, and the nuclear pulses of DIE in the final fight.

Now, the guardian spirits bogging down Ghidorah while GMK Goji takes half a minute to overcharge a nuke is really the only way I see them taking this reasonably, but that's still a long shot, especially if Ghidorah just goes in and kills Godzilal first with an orbital drop or siphon the life out of him. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if poor GMK Ghidorah gets turned into a battery for MV Ghidorah to utilize, and everyone gets blasted away (or apart, in Mothra's case) with wing lightning.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

At the start of the bell, MonsterVerse King Ghidorah, drawn to the electrical power surging in his weaker counterpart, pounces on the smaller Ghidorah and drains him of his energy. MV Ghidorah subsequently unleashes a massive electrical storm that fries GMK Mothra and downs GMK Godzilla. At this point, Mothra is dead or dying, Yamato Ghidorah is useless, and Godzilla is at a severe disadvantage.

Godzilla has no means of permanently hurting* Ghidorah. Ghidorah, however, has multiple ways of dispatching the dark Godzilla. Ghidorah has this Godzilla beat in terms of strength, CQC skills, and durability. I see Ghidorah overpowering Godzilla and siphoning him of his power.

* MonsterVerse Ghidorah is reasonably durable. MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath, which had enough oomph to stun and blast back a 142,000+ ton Ghidorah, couldn't hurt him (the exception being rather obvious). Hell, while buildings were melting around Fire Godzilla's mere presence, Ghidorah wasn't affected by the heat at all (of course that all changed after Godzilla brought out the Atomic Pulse). I don't think GMK Godzilla can actually hurt him.
Last edited by Tomzilla on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”