Heisei Godzilla vs Monsterverse King Ghidorah (Spoilers)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Heisei Godzilla vs Monsterverse King Ghidorah (Spoilers)

Post by Breakdown »

It's also worth mentioning that in most of those instances, his enemies where trying to construct or choke him. Ghidorah is going to be literally sucking the life out of him, once again leading me to believe that Godzilla won't even have the power to use the ability.

If I recall, Burning Godzilla tried to use the pulse while he was getting swarmed by the aggregate Destoroyahs while they where trying to drain him. The glowing patches on his body dimmed dramatically and his breath temporarily reverted back to it's normal blue color.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

I'd say Heisei using any variation of his spiral ray will be able to defeat MonsterVerse Ghidorah, especially since the basic blue and purple spiral ray was enough to decapitate Heisei Ghidorah.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The idea of KG mopping the floor with Heisei monsters seems to rely on three assumptions:
-An extreme intelligence to see and instantly intuit their weaknesses (particularly with SpaceG) that I did not see demonstrated in the movie.

-Extremely powerful gravity beams (that could, for instance, overwhelm MechaG's plasma grenade) that, barring a power station bite, i didn't see demonstrated in the movie (heck, Maddie was mere feet away as they tore into the stadium with no ill effects)

-An ability to simply drain any form of energy or radiation (even a complete unknown like 'space radiation' is labeled his forte; he somehow specializes in something that only existed in one Heisei movie!); this may be in the novelization, but again, I saw no indication of this versatility in the movie. Hard radiation because it's what each of these life-forms feed on, sure. But merely any form of exotic energy?

I think MV KG is getting severely overrated on these forums, just like Heisei MechaG and Final Wars Goji before them. :) He has fearsome capabilities- but, depending on what range of ancillary materials are being included (which I am not familiar with), there are still extents that the events of the movie don't support extrapolating those abilities up to.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Giratina93 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:This is most certainly going to be Ghidorah's win. Ghidorah is the superior physical fighter, and there's very little Godzilla can do to hurt him, outside of a nuclear pulse. Once those necks wrap around him and Ghidorah begins siphoning, Godzilla is going to be SOL without a pulse to blow Ghidorah back... Unless Ghidorah just grabs Godzilla, flies up high, and drops him so he's unconcious, then drains him.

Again, Godzilla just lacks the firepower to put down Ghidorah.
Right, sorry but what's stopping Godzilla from using his nuclear pulse when he's stuck in that position? I think that if Godzilla uses his nuclear pulse while in that position, it's going to be pretty powerful enough for KG to back up and be injured.
Really, it's the fact that Heisei Godzilla is very... inconsistent as to when he uses the nuclear pulse. in vs Biollante, he busts it out almost immediately after he gets punctured and wrapped around, but in GvKG, he doesn't use it until he's frothing at the mouth many minutes after Ghidorah starts strangling him. in TBFE, he uses it a bit after Mothra begins the powder works, and again in GvMG2 after he starts getting pumped full of energy. Whereas Ghidorah in KOTM VERY QUICKLY strangled Godzilla into unconciousness.

Godzilla CAN bust out the pulse and stop Ghidorah, but it's really a crapshot if he does or if he tries it too late.
Jumps in.

Based on how quickly Godzilla fell unconscious it's more likely Ghidorah caused him to pass out by pinching one on the nerves in his neck that caused his brain to reboot and for him to pass out. I'm not even sure if he did it on purpose.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Zarm wrote:The idea of KG mopping the floor with Heisei monsters seems to rely on three assumptions:
-An extreme intelligence to see and instantly intuit their weaknesses (particularly with SpaceG) that I did not see demonstrated in the movie.
It's likely because Ghidorah was aware of, and took advantage of, his surroundings during his final fight with Godzilla (one could argue he even knew Godzilla would get thrown into the Ice Pit in Antarctica).

Zarm wrote: -Extremely powerful gravity beams (that could, for instance, overwhelm MechaG's plasma grenade) that, barring a power station bite, i didn't see demonstrated in the movie (heck, Maddie was mere feet away as they tore into the stadium with no ill effects)
His beams are extremely destructive upon direct contact, disintegrating squads of soldiers at once, his indirect lightning storms completely demolishing the 2 soldiers and multiple Monarch Raptors. (His power up was caused by a power station bite... MechaG is pure power-source)
Zarm wrote:-An ability to simply drain any form of energy or radiation (even a complete unknown like 'space radiation' is labeled his forte; he somehow specializes in something that only existed in one Heisei movie!); this may be in the novelization, but again, I saw no indication of this versatility in the movie. Hard radiation because it's what each of these life-forms feed on, sure. But merely any form of exotic energy?

I think MV KG is getting severely overrated on these forums, just like Heisei MechaG and Final Wars Goji before them. :)
He's a radioactive sapping extraterrestrial from space, I think it's fair to assume he can consume radiation from a 'Space' Godzilla, since SG is essentially Godzilla's DNA mixed with 'random radioactive space mumbojumbo'. Ghidorah consumed radiation from Godzilla a few times, as well as completely regen'd his right head on a volcano.

The main factor here being, he's from space and consumes radiation, so it's possible to go out on a whim and make a hypothetical that he can handle unknown radiations.

I think MV KG has good reason to be considered the most overpowered kaiju currently, dude is the most versatile, dangerous, OP monster in the Godzilla line up.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

^ I mean, Heisei Godzilla's beam was vaporizing soldiers as far back as 1984. There wasn't even dust left.

Don't get me wrong, Ghidorah is strong, and as long as there's no radiation sources for Godzilla to feed off of I agree that can see him winning more often than not. But I do think he's been getting a bit overrated here. Somehow "pretty strong Godzilla monster" has been confused with "Ultimate unbeatable kaiju". And when that evidence is as low bar as "vaporized people" I start to suspect most of that is just hype regarding the new movie.

As another side note, remember this Ghidorah only used his drain ability after he already incapacitated Godzilla. Given that he waited, I don't think it's really that combat viable.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Yeah, MV ghidorah isn't gonna be winning with his gravity bolts here. They're about on par with the average heisei beam weapon, which Heisei Godzilla can take all day long, but won't necessarily enjoy. It's more Ghidorah has the means and fighting skill to manhandle Heisei Godzilla despite Heisei being freakishly strong in his own right, and incapacitate him before going in to drain.

And let's focus on Godzilla vs Ghidorah in this match. If anyone wants to keep discussing ghidorah vs various other heisei monsters, feel free to make an FM for that.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ghidorah has demonstrated near-sapient levels of intelligence, particularly in the novel. The novel goes at length to state that Ghidorah isn't some dumb animal that acts on instinct, he's straight up evil. Like, evil as we understand it as humans. In the scene where the main cast is trapped in the Osprey in Antarctica, the novel describes Ghidorah's eyes possessing a kind of malevolence as he pokes and prods the Osprey. He was literally toying with them and savoring the kill. He follows the ORCA signal around not because he's drawn to it, he wants to destroy it because it's a threat to his status as Alpha. He recognizes Maddie from Antarctica and even though she's no threat to him, even after she throws the ORCA at him and he destroys it, he wants to kill her anyway just because. Hell in the DC battle, Barnes straight up calls Ghidorah "an asshole".

This comes in response to Ghidorah singling out a battleship, landing on it and breaking it in half, then obliterating it with his gravity beams when he saw the crew trying to abandon ship, purely out of spite. There's also the aforementioned scene where Ghidorah uses his surroundings to his advantage such as the power station, and there are times when his heads are visibly seen communicating with each other. When Mothra joins the fray and proves to be an annoyance, he quickly summons Rodan to deal with her.

Finally in the novel, after Ghidorah kills Mothra, one of the characters notes a chilling look of glee in Ghidorah's eyes. Not of an animal that just killed a rival, but of a killer who revels in taking life. Then when he sees Godzilla glowing with Mothra's energy, he immediately shuts that shit down by draining him. Pure speculation on my part, but I theorize that Ghidorah knew what was about to happen given that he's fought Godzilla and Mothra in the past, if the cave paintings are anything to go by.

With all that being said, it's not that big of a stretch to assume that Ghidorah can eventually deduce where SpaceGodzilla's energy is coming from. He could probably hone-in or sense where it's concentration is strongest.
-Extremely powerful gravity beams (that could, for instance, overwhelm MechaG's plasma grenade) that, barring a power station bite, i didn't see demonstrated in the movie (heck, Maddie was mere feet away as they tore into the stadium with no ill effects)
I'm not sure what you mean by "overwhelm". Like, beat in a beam duel or overload it's capacity to absorb energy? I'm going to assume you mean the latter. MechaGodzilla's plasma grenade was overloaded by Fire Rodan's heat ray which I don't remember doing anything noteworthy feat-wise. Also a failed beam clash with Godzilla overloaded it's circutry and allowed Godzilla to gain the upper hand.

MV Ghidorah's Gravity Beams are no Spiral Ray, Transcending Fate, or MG '75 missiles, but they still packed enough kinetic force to push Godzilla back and shatter several hundred foot thick arctic ice. They're also hot enough to disable Rodan who's entire biology is centered around living in volcanoes. Disintegrating humans, as awsome as it is to see on screen, admittedly isn't compelling evidence of their power.
-An ability to simply drain any form of energy or radiation (even a complete unknown like 'space radiation' is labeled his forte; he somehow specializes in something that only existed in one Heisei movie!); this may be in the novelization, but again, I saw no indication of this versatility in the movie. Hard radiation because it's what each of these life-forms feed on, sure. But merely any form of exotic energy?
I always assumed it was cosmic radiation that SpaceGodzilla utilizes or emits, rather than just "space energy". No it isn't in the novelization, but it does make it clear that Ghidorah can directly or passively absorb radioactive and electrical energy. MV Ghidorah is strongly implied to be of extraterrestrial origin, so he's likely been exposed to cosmic radiation at some point in his existence prior to arriving on earth.

MV Ghidorah is very strong, but he isn't unbeatable. Biollante, Showa Hedorah, Meltdown Godzilla, Armor Mothra, Showa Godzilla and possibly Godzilla 2000 are names I can think of right off the top of my head that could give this Ghidorah a run for his money if not beat him outright.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Giratina. Didn't see your post :oops:
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Breakdown wrote:Ghidorah has demonstrated near-sapient levels of intelligence, particularly in the novel. The novel goes at length to state that Ghidorah isn't some dumb animal that acts on instinct, he's straight up evil. Like, evil as we understand it as humans. In the scene where the main cast is trapped in the Osprey in Antarctica, the novel describes Ghidorah's eyes possessing a kind of malevolence as he pokes and prods the Osprey. He was literally toying with them and savoring the kill. He follows the ORCA signal around not because he's drawn to it, he wants to destroy it because it's a threat to his status as Alpha. He recognizes Maddie from Antarctica and even though she's no threat to him, even after she throws the ORCA at him and he destroys it, he wants to kill her anyway just because. Hell in the DC battle, Barnes straight up calls Ghidorah "an asshole".

This comes in response to Ghidorah singling out a battleship, landing on it and breaking it in half, then obliterating it with his gravity beams when he saw the crew trying to abandon ship, purely out of spite. There's also the aforementioned scene where Ghidorah uses his surroundings to his advantage such as the power station, and there are times when his heads are visibly seen communicating with each other. When Mothra joins the fray and proves to be an annoyance, he quickly summons Rodan to deal with her.

Finally in the novel, after Ghidorah kills Mothra, one of the characters notes a chilling look of glee in Ghidorah's eyes. Not of an animal that just killed a rival, but of a killer who revels in taking life. Then when he sees Godzilla glowing with Mothra's energy, he immediately shuts that poop down by draining him. Pure speculation on my part, but I theorize that Ghidorah knew what was about to happen given that he's fought Godzilla and Mothra in the past, if the cave paintings are anything to go by.

With all that being said, it's not that big of a stretch to assume that Ghidorah can eventually deduce where SpaceGodzilla's energy is coming from. He could probably hone-in or sense where it's concentration is strongest.
I'm not sure what you mean by "overwhelm". Like, beat in a beam duel or overload it's capacity to absorb energy? I'm going to assume you mean the latter. MechaGodzilla's plasma grenade was overloaded by Fire Rodan's heat ray which I don't remember doing anything noteworthy feat-wise. Also a failed beam clash with Godzilla overloaded it's circutry and allowed Godzilla to gain the upper hand.

MV Ghidorah's Gravity Beams are no Spiral Ray, Transcending Fate, or MG '75 missiles, but they still packed enough kinetic force to push Godzilla back and shatter several hundred foot thick arctic ice. They're also hot enough to disable Rodan who's entire biology is centered around living in volcanoes. Disintegrating humans, as awsome as it is to see on screen, admittedly isn't compelling evidence of their power.
I always assumed it was cosmic radiation that SpaceGodzilla utilizes or emits, rather than just "space energy". No it isn't in the novelization, but it does make it clear that Ghidorah can directly or passively absorb radioactive and electrical energy. MV Ghidorah is strongly implied to be of extraterrestrial origin, so he's likely been exposed to cosmic radiation at some point in his existence prior to arriving on earth.

MV Ghidorah is very strong, but he isn't unbeatable. Biollante, Showa Hedorah, Meltdown Godzilla, Armor Mothra, Showa Godzilla and possibly Godzilla 2000 are names I can think of right off the top of my head that could give this Ghidorah a run for his money if not beat him outright.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Giratina. Didn't see your post :oops:

As intelligent as he is, I don’t think it will matter much when it comes down to fighting one on one. Especially if Heisei Goji can keep some distance between himself and Ghidorah. A few blasts of Spiral Ray will likely be enough to shred Ghidorah’s wings or heads to pieces, as was the case with Heisei Ghidorah. Even further, he could advance to the Uranium Heat Beam or the Red Spiral Ray. The Uranium Heat Beam, mind you, was a power up that generated so much heat that it straight-up melted Heisei Mechagodzilla’s synthetic diamond heat shield before the beam was even fired once. Heisei Godzilla easily has the most devastating firepower of any Godzilla incarnation, surpassing things like FinalGoji’s Spiral Ray or even ShinGoji’s Photon Rays. Bear in mind, this is all considering him without him being Burning Godzilla. There was a reason that the only monsters capable of defeating him were Mechagodzilla (who had been perfectly designed to kill him, and that was only temporary anyway) along with Mothra and Battra combined (the combined force of two literal gods, one of which Goji killed in the process).
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Sure, but neither Spiral Rays will be a factor here since Godzilla usually requires an outside source to give him the boost he needs to use it. Also it was the sheer radioactivity that Godzilla was emitting that melted the armor, not the spiral ray itself. If we want to talk about Godzillas with the most firepower, Anime Godzilla comfortably takes that spot with his charged atomic rays annihilating entire cities in one shot, and his spiral ray obliterating an asteroid/planetoid (can't remember what Gorath was classified as) all the way from earth. His sonic roar literally disentigrating dropships and his plasma tail swipe thingy annihilating an entire forest made of the same super-strong bio-metal he is. It also goes without saying that AniGoji would wipe the floor with MV Ghidorah.

The fact is that Heisei Godzilla is completely outclassed here. Sure MonsterVerse Ghidorah's Gravity Beams will do little more than push him around or irritate him, but he doesn't need them when he can throttle Godzilla in the one category he falls short in: melee. He can't keep up with MV Ghidorah in melee despite his impressive strength. He couldn't even defeat Heisei Ghidorah in melee, so he most certainly won't be beating the equally strong, faster, smarter and more aggressive MonsterVerse Ghidorah. Given how straight up sadistic this Ghidorah is, he's going to break Heisei Goji and make him suffer before snuffing out his life.
Last edited by Breakdown on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Breakdown wrote:The fact is that Heisei Godzilla is completely outclassed here. Sure MonsterVerse Ghidorah's Gravity Beams will do little more than push him around or irritate him, but he doesn't need them when he can throttle Godzilla in the one category he falls short in: melee.
Ghidorah has to close the distance before he can do anything impactful. Godzilla's gonna be constantly blasting at Ghidorah, unlike 2019 who used it sparingly. Ghidorah's wings are gonna be getting shredded at the very least. Ghidorah needs to stay in the air and start off by dropping Godzilla from the sky like he did when he was powered up. If he does close the distance and gets the upper-hand Godzilla can AP him away and he certainly won't enjoy that.
He can't keep up with MV Ghidorah in melee despite his impressive strength. He couldn't even defeat Heisei Ghidorah in melee,
I'm sure he can handle Ghidorah's grappling. Heisei Ghidorah swung his weight around more than MVKG did and strangled Godzilla pretty early on in their fight compared to MVKG whose only really good pre-power up CQ feat is the drop kick. MVKG drops from the sky at Godzilla once during their fight in Boston to close distance but literally lands right in front of him unlike HKG who fired down at him from the sky and actually tackles him to the ground and stomps on him when he had the chance.

All that said, this battle is in Tokyo, so odds are Ghidorah powers up, drops and drains Godzilla.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Breakdown wrote:The fact is that Heisei Godzilla is completely outclassed here. Sure MonsterVerse Ghidorah's Gravity Beams will do little more than push him around or irritate him, but he doesn't need them when he can throttle Godzilla in the one category he falls short in: melee. He can't keep up with MV Ghidorah in melee despite his impressive strength. He couldn't even defeat Heisei Ghidorah in melee, so he most certainly won't be beating the equally strong, faster, smarter and more aggressive MonsterVerse Ghidorah. Given how straight up sadistic this Ghidorah is, he's going to break Heisei Goji and make him suffer before snuffing out his life.
But once again, Heisei has one sure-fire tactic when he's having a melee disadvantage; the nuclear pulse. That's what allows him to gain some distance and do what he does best. And we've seen the combination of the pulse and his rays on a Ghidorah's necks before; arguably, with one simply being bitten and torn off in KoTM, this Ghidorah's necks would be even more vulnerable. Yeah, regeneration wouldn't make that a game ender- but it's sure going to buy Heisei enough time to lay in with the beams. (And I would concur with Kaiju-King42 that I'm not seeing the drain as a simple in-battle ability; it's not like he led with that. He didn't even bust it out until well-through the third confrontation, and even then, only when LPG couldn't resist. So I don't think that's going to be a pre-empting tactic.) And given that Heisei Godzilla has demonstrated the ability to self-ramp-up to the Spiral Ray when fighting space monsters... ;)

But even without that; I don't see MV KG as beyond his capabilities or tactics. He spams his beam at a distance, and uses the pulse to keep his foes at a distance if they prove too powerful at close range. And despite the regen giving KG long-term staying power, he's certainly demonstrated the ability to be damaged in the short-term. With both their regen giving them the opportunity to extend the fight... well, the longer the battle goes on, the greater the odds seem to be of Heisei ramping up to a spiral or other stronger mode. I see him keeping KG on the back-foot, rather than vice-versa, between beams at a distance and the pulse at close range- keeping up a damage-and-regen cycle until an eventual finisher-power-level-charge comes along.

The possibility of a Tokyo-electrical-grid power-up still gives Ghidorah a chance to break that cycle, and his possibility for victory- but I don't think this is in any-way a clear-cut victory for Ghidorah.
Last edited by Zarm on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Zarm wrote:And given that Heisei Godzilla has demonstrated the ability to self-ramp-up to the Spiral Ray when fighting space monsters... ;)
Godzilla absorbs energy from Rodan and Spacegodzilla to use the Spiral Rays, he can't just do it himself.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Zarm wrote:And given that Heisei Godzilla has demonstrated the ability to self-ramp-up to the Spiral Ray when fighting space monsters... ;)
Godzilla absorbs energy from Rodan and Spacegodzilla to use the Spiral Rays, he can't just do it himself.
I don't recall that ever being specified in-film. Was it in dialogue?

The impression that I got from the Japanese dialogue in SpaceGodzilla was that SpaceGodzilla was killed trying to absorb too much radiation off of Godzilla, rather than vice versa- indicating that Godzilla was ramping up his own internal power levels, independently of anything that SpaceGodzilla was doing.
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Funny. Cause he did use the Spiral Ray in VS King Ghidorah. To rip off Ghidorah's head. :?
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Funny. Cause he did use the Spiral Ray in VS King Ghidorah. To rip off Ghidorah's head. :?
No he didn't......did he?
Image Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

KingKong2005 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
Yes. Look closely at his beam.
It's not red, but there's a damn obvious spiral. Thanks IR for pointing this out.
this damn website wrote:The charged up version of Godzilla's normal atomic ray, which was used to decapitate King Ghidorah's central head, is called a Spiral Atomic Ray or, literally, a "Spiral Heat Ray" (スパイラル熱線 - Supairaru Nessen). This name is used in Everything Godzilla: The Complete Super Encyclopedia (ISBN: 4063045579).
With his increased power after absorbing the Musashi-2 nuclear sub, the monster could charge his atomic ray even further to fire a Spiral Atomic Ray. Indicated by the energy crackling around the back of his neck, this more powerful version of the beam was used against King Ghidorah to decapitate the central head.
Sorry PUPP. :huge:
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Funny. Cause he did use the Spiral Ray in VS King Ghidorah. To rip off Ghidorah's head. :?
Yes. Look closely at his beam.
It's not red, but there's a damn obvious spiral. Thanks IR for pointing this out.
Huh, very interesting! I think Godzilla uses this one to blow off King Ghidorah's head, only for KG to siphon the energy out of Goji, depleting the energy for Goji to use that attack again. Eventually KG's gonna regrow that head so there's no problem. King Ghidorah can take this. I think it's more 70/30, chances in favor of King Ghidorah.
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Do I really need to spell out that I meant the Red ones
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Do I really need to spell out that I meant the Red ones
Yes, cause they're called something different.