Every Major Incarnation of Mechagodzilla (Battle Royale)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Every Major Incarnation of Mechagodzilla (Battle Royale)

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

The Battle of Mechanical Titans!

Showa Mechagodzilla: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Mechagodzill ... PJ86pWnKDj
Heisei Mechagodzilla: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Mechagodzill ... PJ86pWnKDj
MFS Type-3 Kiryu: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Kiryu?_sm_by ... PJ86pWnKDj
Ready Player One Mechagodzilla: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Mechagod ... PJ86pWnKDj
Anime Mechagodzilla: https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Mechagodzill ... PJ86pWnKDj

Rules:
- Showa Mechagodzilla will be his 1974 incarnation ONLY (also meaning no Fake Godzilla disguise).
- Heisei Mechagodzilla can become Super Mechagodzilla.
- Kiryu will be his 2002 incarnation, to put him at maximum efficiency. However, he is still able to go berserk.
- Ready Player One Mechagodzilla will be just as he is in the film, not in the book.
- Anime Mechagodzilla has access to his nano-metal shaping abilities, but is not in the form of Mechagodzilla City. He is only in his original form.

Let the carnage begin! My money would be on Heisei Mechagodzilla just for sheer firepower and durability. He has complete resistance to almost all ranged weapons, especially beam-based attacks, and can take a beating even with his synthetic diamond armor plating gone. Even after Mechagodzilla's diamond plating had melted off, it took Godzilla 6 blasts of his new Uranium Spiral Ray to destroy Mechagodzilla. Not to mention having beam weapons that are just as- if not more- powerful than Heisei Godzilla's Atomic Breath. Second place would likely be Anime Mechagodzilla, since his shape shifting and regenerative abilities (via nano-metal) give him a huge edge over a lot of the other incarnations. Showa Mechagodzilla would probably be third, since he has the most versatility all around, with a good balance between melee and ranged combat abilities. Unfortunately, his durability is not quite up to par with his Heisei Counterpart, or the regenerative abilities of Anime Mechagodzilla. RPO Mechagodzilla would probably be the second one to die, since his durability is decent against attacks like the Iron Giant's cannons, which, in the original animated film, were shown to be quite powerful. His finger missles would be useful, but his Atomic breth doesnt seem nearly as powerful as the beam weapons carried by any of the other models. Kiryu would probably be out first, since his durability is honestly pathetic compared to all of his other counterparts. He has sub-par weaponry that is either ineffective or takes too long to charge and use. His small power supply would very easily be a huge downfall for him, too.

So basicaslly, to summarize:
Kiryu would be out first, followed by RPO Mechagodzilla, then Showa, then Anime, and Heisei Mechagodzilla would be the victor, in my opinion.
(Had to edit this OP as it seems I accidentally forgot a few guidelines related to these kinds of posts).
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Every Major Incarnation of Mechagodzilla (Battle Royale)

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I don't think adding anime mechagodzilla makes sense, seeing as how we've never actually seen him battle outside of city mode. Unless there are some novel details i don't know about.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think that the big question for me is if Heisei's abilities apply only to energy weapons (which would make sense given what it was purpose-built to fight). If so, I think showa's missile barrage would massacre it (considering what Rodan's peck did), and with Kiryu's melee being potentiay thwarted by the forcefield, it could easily be showa's match.

Kiryu has absolute zero, of course, but he always waits far too long to use it. So I would lean showa, but Ready Player One and Anime Mechagodzilla's fighting capabilities are too much of unknowns for me to cast any kind of realistic vote.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Zarm wrote:If so, I think showa's missile barrage would massacre it (considering what Rodan's peck did)
That's nothing. Godzilla put a hole in Heisei Mechagodzilla's armor just by shoving him over.

Heisei is great against beam spammers, but is a paper tissue against melee combatants. Or, in this case, combatants with physical projectiles.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:The Battle of Mechanical Titans!

Rules:
- Showa Mechagodzilla can be a blend of his 1974 and 1975 incarnations.
- Kiryu will be his 2002 incarnation, to put him at maximum efficiency. However, he is still able to go berserk.
- Ready Player One Mechagodzilla will be just as he is in the film, not in the book.
- Anime Mechagodzilla has access to his nano-metal shaping abilities, but is not in the form of Mechagodzilla City. He is only in his original form.

Let the carnage begin.

Please read the rules before making a match. You need to provide links (TK monster bios, wikizilla bios, etc.) for each character, no matter how well known they are. Secondly, you need to state which side you're on (or abstain) and then explain your reasoning.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

:mad:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Zarm wrote:If so, I think showa's missile barrage would massacre it (considering what Rodan's peck did)
That's nothing. Godzilla put a hole in Heisei Mechagodzilla's armor just by shoving him over.

Heisei is great against beam spammers, but is a paper tissue against melee combatants. Or, in this case, combatants with physical projectiles.
Good point. :)

That said, if Heisei was focusing sole attention on Showa, he might be in trouble. My post was on the assumption showa was spamming the field, while the other mechs were dividing their fire between targets. Honestly, a lot of this depends on how much individual attention each gets, and from whom.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I don't think adding anime mechagodzilla makes sense, seeing as how we've never actually seen him battle outside of city mode. Unless there are some novel details i don't know about.
Well I would say that the leaked art of him using many different shapeshifting abilities would be considered canon, but I'm not sure. They may have just been leaked concpet art.

Added in 13 minutes 57 seconds:
GodEmperorGabara wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:The Battle of Mechanical Titans!

Rules:
- Showa Mechagodzilla can be a blend of his 1974 and 1975 incarnations.

Let the carnage begin.

Please read the rules before making a match. You need to provide links (TK monster bios, wikizilla bios, etc.) for each character, no matter how well known they are. Secondly, you need to state which side you're on (or abstain) and then explain your reasoning.
Apologies. The original post has been edited to provide sources for all kaiju. Thanks for the notice!
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

If you're combining 74 and 75 MechaGodzilla, who had fucking missiles that can uproot city blocks of 1975, and give him the rapid fire ability as 74? He's gonna decimate the enemies. And...Anime MechaGodzilla didn't even see action... Even in the novels, he was taken out before he could be launched. By a subpar beam if I remember correctly.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LamangoKaijura wrote:If you're combining 74 and 75 MechaGodzilla, who had fucking missiles that can uproot city blocks of 1975, and give him the rapid fire ability as 74? He's gonna decimate the enemies. And...Anime MechaGodzilla didn't even see action... Even in the novels, he was taken out before he could be launched. By a subpar beam if I remember correctly.
Godzilla totally obliterated the facility and mount fuji with a charged beam. Thats why there's a huge crater in the movie.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Breakdown wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:If you're combining 74 and 75 MechaGodzilla, who had skreeonking missiles that can uproot city blocks of 1975, and give him the rapid fire ability as 74? He's gonna decimate the enemies. And...Anime MechaGodzilla didn't even see action... Even in the novels, he was taken out before he could be launched. By a subpar beam if I remember correctly.
Godzilla totally obliterated the facility and mount fuji with a charged beam. Thats why there's a huge crater in the movie.
Yeah, but he also melted all of L.A. and blew up a meteor with better beams.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Anime Mechagodzilla takes this imo, going off the novels. Nanometal can regenerate itself, and not to mention he's got weapons he can fire from about 5 kilometers, including a lance that injects nanometal into his foes. If we're including all of them I'm going for AG.

Now, if we were to take him out of the equation due to not really seeing anything on screen, I can see Showa Mechagodzilla taking this, especially since you're having him be a blend of both '74 and '75. Those revolving finger missles might possibly take out RP1 MechaG, seeing as a grenade took out his eye. Heisei and Kiryu are kinda like glass cannons, with Heisei lacking any physical combat capabilities and Kiryu is suspectible to being overpowered either by combat or a long range weapon. Showa MG happens to attack from both distance and closeup with great results, plus his energy shield can provide some back up.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Showa Mechagodzilla doesn't take beams well. Heisei MG is nothing but beams, not to mention Kiryu's Maser Cannons which are pretty strong too. To say Showa MG is gonna steam roll is kind of silly considering he doesn't just start out missile spamming. Mega Buster would rock SMG's shit imo seeing as how Showa G's weaker beam did a good amount of damage.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Showa Mechagodzilla doesn't take beams well. Heisei MG is nothing but beams, not to mention Kiryu's Maser Cannons which are pretty strong too. To say Showa MG is gonna steam roll is kind of silly considering he doesn't just start out missile spamming. Mega Buster would rock SMG's poop imo seeing as how Showa G's weaker beam did a good amount of damage.
Compared to the other MechaGs? Showa MechaG gets up faster from beams.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The Megabuster is probably less impressive then Showa Godzilla's beam, to be totally honest. Not to mention missiles from either it or Kiryu will tear Heisei up pretty bad.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:\Compared to the other MechaGs? Showa MechaG gets up faster from beams.
Compared to HMG who literally eats beams from breakfast? Showa MG gets stunned whenever it gets hit by beams.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:The Megabuster is probably less impressive then Showa Godzilla's beam, to be totally honest.
Based on what exactly? Official Toho stats say Heisei Godzilla's Atomic Ray is stronger than Showa Godzilla's, and the Mega Buster is about par with that. Not to mention it held off the Spiral Ray in a beam clash.

Knew Is still had these..

Last edited by PopInPicsPresents on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Unlike the other mechs, he doesn't fall over when a beam hits him. And are we sure the radiation absorbing diamonds would have the same effect on HMG?

Plus, there's the fact HMG was badly damaged by PECKS TO THE FACE.
One that can fire missiles that can make a whole city block LEAP INTO THE AIR, is gonna fucking damage HMG.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:Unlike the other mechs, he doesn't fall over when a beam hits him.
Are you referring to Kiryu? Cause that's the only MG that just falls over from beams, and those were pretty strong beams, I don't think SMG would get back up after getting hit by a few of those.
LamangoKaijura wrote:And are we sure the radiation absorbing diamonds would have the same effect on HMG?
Are you talking about HMG's heat absorbing armor?
Plus, there's the fact HMG was badly damaged by PECKS TO THE FACE.
SMG was getting crushed up by King Caesar running into it and Kiryu's armor was getting dented up pretty good from Shirasagi vulcan fire. They all have moments of weakness like that. No body here really aims for the head much anyway so I doubt it matters that much.
One that can fire missiles that can make a whole city block LEAP INTO THE AIR, is gonna fucking damage HMG
If Showa Godzilla could take them I'm sure Mechagodzilla can too.

Really wish the creator would specify which Showa MG is getting used here.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Kiryu is the most balanced overall. I'll back him.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Considering how many times Kiryu got knocked on his ass and required severe human intervention to be saved, I think he's instantly out of this.
I haven't read the anime novels, so I know nothing of Anime Mechagodzilla not in city form, though I'd say if the nanometal gets it's hand on any of these guys he will win.
I'd say this pretty obviously comes down to Showa and Heisei incarnations at the end. I think I'd lean a bit more towards Heisei Mechagodzilla, as Super Mechagodzilla, just based on firepower but '75 Mechagodzilla had some serious firepower as well.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Maritonic wrote:Considering how many times Kiryu got knocked on his ass and required severe human intervention to be saved, I think he's instantly out of this.
I haven't read the anime novels, so I know nothing of Anime Mechagodzilla not in city form, though I'd say if the nanometal gets it's hand on any of these guys he will win.
I'd say this pretty obviously comes down to Showa and Heisei incarnations at the end. I think I'd lean a bit more towards Heisei Mechagodzilla, as Super Mechagodzilla, just based on firepower but '75 Mechagodzilla had some serious firepower as well.
OP states Kiryu can go berserk. That gives him the edge in my book.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.