The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: The Fantasy Match General Discussion Thread

Post by Breakdown »

Speaking of the Bayformers thread, I really need to update that...
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Breakdown wrote:Speaking of the Bayformers thread, I really need to update that...
I thought about doing AOE Grimlock, but I dropped the idea. Might pick it back up.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

A Rulers of Earth Zilla vs. Heisei Godzilla (pre-Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah power boost) crossed my mind. Would this be too imbalanced in favor of one side?

GodzillaLord
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaLord »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:A Rulers of Earth Zilla vs. Heisei Godzilla (pre-Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah power boost) crossed my mind. Would this be too imbalanced in favor of one side?
ROE Zilla was tanky and agile, but he really didn't fare that well agasint ROE Godzilla, He might give Heisei trouble but my money would still be on Heisei Godzilla in a fight by a pretty big margin.
"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."
GodzillaLord wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?.
No. Given that the majority of Godzilla kaiju aren't sentient and are essentially just large animals, that's a little bit messed up. "Shrug", i digress do what you like, but i don't need the information.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

GodzillaLord wrote: ROE Zilla was tanky and agile, but he really didn't fare that well agasint ROE Godzilla, He might give Heisei trouble but my money would still be on Heisei Godzilla in a fight by a pretty big margin.
I got the idea after a message someone sent me showing a bunch of Godzilla's feats from the IDW comics that came before Rulers of Earth. Zilla didn't do too poorly against Godzilla in ROE, and that was after all of this.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kaijunator wrote:
Breakdown wrote:Speaking of the Bayformers thread, I really need to update that...
I thought about doing AOE Grimlock, but I dropped the idea. Might pick it back up.
Why? Just do what I did and you'll be fine. Besides, anything that will help the thread is welcome.
ImageImage

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

You know I think I may actually go through with the Final Wars thread, I've been thinking a lot about it and it's a brilliant idea.
Godzilla

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

I'm thinking of a match between SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah. I didn't see a SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah fantasy match when I searched. Would this be one-sided? SpaceGodzilla would have his Crystal Fortress, but I don't think it'll be one-sided.

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:I'm thinking of a match between SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah. I didn't see a SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah fantasy match when I searched. Would this be one-sided? SpaceGodzilla would have his Crystal Fortress, but I don't think it'll be one-sided.
This is the Superman vs Goku of Kaiju fights. It lasts a dozen pages every time its brought up and neither side will ever give. I'm not sure why it didn't show up in a search though, I know it's been done here several times.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:I'm thinking of a match between SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah. I didn't see a SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah fantasy match when I searched. Would this be one-sided? SpaceGodzilla would have his Crystal Fortress, but I don't think it'll be one-sided.
No, it wouldn't be one sided; the combatants are evenly matched. The problem is, as pointed out by ebirah_scampi, this particular matchup has been done to death (at least from what I know). Since SG and Dessy are oftentimes considered Godzilla's most powerful foes, the question of who would win is often raised and the match(s) are made.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Film Destroyah is garbage in combat he doesn't spam his beam as much, (Though it's hard to tell if that's a good thing) his combat skills are laughable all except for his Mega Laser of DOOM!! But he has incredible durability surviving BG's Meltdown Rays which are twice the power of normal Spiral Rays. however SG has the BEAMZ to chisele away at that but like others have said sadly that battle has been grounded into the ground with all the times it has been used, I don't have very many ideas but here is one that you could use Heisei King Ghidorah, Showa King Ghidorah and maybe GMK KG Vs. Destroyah that could be interesting.
Godzilla

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

THe other thing about SpaceG vs Dessy is that it's been done SO MANY TIMES in the past. Yes, it's not seeable in the current FM's that survived the purge, but believe me, it's been done atleast 10 times between 2010 and 2014.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I'm finally going ahead with the Final Wars thread, but I was wondering because this thread will have multiple entries each entry/post discussing a different Kaiju could I make a thread for discussion and leave the original for the article?

Also does anybody have a idea for the title? I was going to go ahead with Operation Final War, simply because it is a cool title and kinda fits with what I'm planning to do.
Godzilla

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

I was thinking of making a "King Ghidorah vs. Animated Monster Island" fantasy match inspired by the battle between King Ghidorah and the Monster Island monsters in Destroy All Monsters. The issue is that King Ghidorah fought six or seven monsters in that movie. Looking over the Fantasy Match rules, I noticed this in rule 15.
All battles must adhere to the following guidelines in regard to the number of combatants (mods and admins are at liberty to allow exceptions on a per request basis):
  • Free-For-All Matches: The maximum number of combatants allowed is 5.
  • Team Matches: 1v2, 1v3, 2v2, 2v3, 2v4, 3v3, 3v4, 3v5, and 4v4.
Can I do a 1v5 match for the 5 monsters that appeared together in the Monster Island from Godzilla: The Series (I could bump it down to 1v4), or should I stick to 1v3?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

There is NO reason to put Greenman on the site. Why would people want to know about a character that A) Very little people have heard of and B) Is only a Ultraman knockoff that didn't get much attention?
Cause Jet Jaguar isn't an Ultraman knockoff, right? :eh:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

So my King Ghidorah vs. Animated Monster Island turned out to be imbalanced in favor of the animated team. I'm thinking of doing a match involving Grand King Ghidorah vs. the Crackler, Chameleon, and probably a third monster (maybe Skeetera again). Before I spend hours watching the entire Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, I want to get some input on whether or not this one also sounds too imbalanced.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:So my King Ghidorah vs. Animated Monster Island turned out to be imbalanced in favor of the animated team. I'm thinking of doing a match involving Grand King Ghidorah vs. the Crackler, Chameleon, and probably a third monster (maybe Skeetera again). Before I spend hours watching the entire Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, I want to get some input on whether or not this one also sounds too imbalanced.
GKG would stomp those 3.

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

MysticalDL wrote: GKG would stomp those 3.
Interesting...Very well. I will watch the trilogy at my earliest convenience.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

ZillaJr-KaijuKing wrote:
MysticalDL wrote: GKG would stomp those 3.
Interesting...Very well. I will watch the trilogy at my earliest convenience.
Armored Mothra was literally the only option Mothra had in the ROM trilogy for harming GKG. Rainbow Mothra couldn't scratch it, despite beating a impressive Dagahra with it's powers.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

'Twas thinking of something Transformers related. IDW Optimus Prime and Megatron (Standard) vs Prime Optimus and Megatron. I'd need to re-download the comic onto my phone again to refresh my memory of what IDW Optimus and Megatron can do, but from what I recall I think team Prime would give them a hell of a fight.

That, or a Bayformers vs Pacific Rim crossover. However from previous matches before the hack, the Transformers won with relative ease.
ImageImage