Showa Godzilla and Godzilla 2000 vs GMK Godzilla and Final Wars Godzilla

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Showa Godzilla and Godzilla 2000 vs GMK Godzilla and Final Wars Godzilla

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Godzilla (Showa)
Godzilla (2000)

vs.

Godzilla (GMK)
Godzilla (FW)

Rules:
-Heisei scaling
-1975 feats for Showa Goji
-FW Godzilla can not go Keizer
-Godzilla: 2000 feats for millennium Godzilla

Arena: An extremely large field

Verdict: GMK Goji will probably absorb one of the other teams beams, and use it against them, but they will probably survive. FW Goji vs Showa Goji will be a long, hard fought war, but I ultimately see Showa Godzilla triumphing due to his superior melee, then going on to help G2000 kill GMK Goji. Showa and 2000 win 8/10 times.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Showa Godzilla and Godzilla 2000 vs GMK Godzilla and Final Wars Godzilla

Post by Voyager »

Showa outclasses GFW.
G2K outclasses GMK.

Simple as that really.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:26 am Showa outclasses GFW.
G2K outclasses GMK.

Simple as that really.
Noo FW outclasses. Remember how Upgraded Gigan slashed his chest and it only caused sparks? Gigan's buzz saw drew blood from Showa Godzilla several times.
Also c'mon FW's atomic ray way going all the way into space. Seems to me FWs has Showa beat in both AP and Durability. :g2k: :Gigan:

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Gotta agree with 1604. While Showa is good combat skill wise, his beam is no where near as strong as FW Goji's. His beam was quick enough to not only intercept Gorath asteroid but slowed it down as well. Then proceeded to tank a city level explosion. I'd argue FW solos the team while GMK just chills on the sideline.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

We’re comparing the flimsy FW GIgan claws to the Showa buzz saw?

It took repeated smacks on the head to draw blood with the hooks, and with the buzz saw, Gigan was travelling at Mach speeds, so of course it would draw blood. This doesn’t mean Godzilla is less durable somehow. And how does FW’s beam going to space somehow translate into better attack potency?

I’m also seeing some severe downplaying of Showa Godzilla. His endurance is better, as he has been able to fight potent opponents for hours on end, unlike FW, who was puffed out as soon as an equal to him came about. Showa may have less durability, but he has regen to make up for it, unlike GFW. Showa’s regen has healed his hand from the bone, massive gashes in his shoulder, his lost eye, his holes in his neck, and his utterly messed up insides, from when MG2 fired those missiles inside his stomach.

Showa’s speed feats and strength feats are also just better, with Showa lifting, throwing and pushing more weight than FW did, proportionally. KG was thrown around many times, Hedorah in her perfect form was lifted over his head with ease, Gigan was lifted with the tip of his tail, MG2 was thrown hundreds of metres with ease, and the whole Zone Fighter stuff with him casually bowling over Heisei-Weight kaiju.
For Emperor and Empire!

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

I’m bringing up the speed of it because speed has a factor in force. It’s what would change a slow pat on the cheek into a forceful slap to the face. His beam being fast enough to intercept an asteroid by starting from Earth and all the way out to space would imply a huge deal of force behind it. I don’t believe Showa’s beams are anywhere close to the level of FWs.

If anything FW is the one to fight enemies for hours on end as he went a trek across the globe taking on multiple monsters. Just because they’re dispatched quickly doesn’t necessarily mean they’re fodder because of it. Maybe if they were nameless swarms if generic enemies but I don’t see a reason why these established kaiju should be looked down upon because they got bested by Godzilla. And I’d like to point out FW went against KG alone, vs Showa who has for a majority of the time fought his own KG with a team/partner. I believe a solo 1v1 Showa Gojira vs KG would have similar results.

Even with a healing factor I think several beams from FW will be enough to best him because of its output. But I’m not denying it could severely play a big factor.

I’ve never Zone fighter, so can you list the monsters with these weights? FW was able to throw KG and he was 100,000 Tons. But even still, lifting strength =/= striking force. A single strike from FW was able to send a 60,000 ton Anguirus into a mountain. I think that’s the kind of feats we have to look at when discussing striking feats. Also what speed feats beat FW’s?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:58 pm
G2K outclasses GMK.

Simple as that really.
Noo FW outclasses. Remember how Upgraded Gigan slashed his chest and it only caused sparks? Gigan's buzz saw drew blood from Showa Godzilla several times.
Also c'mon FW's atomic ray was going all the way into space. Seems to me FWs has Showa beat in both AP and Durability. :g2k: :Gigan:

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:10 am
G2K outclasses GMK.

Simple as that really.
Also c'mon FW's atomic ray was going all the way into space. Seems to me FWs has Showa beat in both AP and Durability. :g2k: :Gigan:
At least elaborate further lol :eh:

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Houndoom wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 am
Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:10 am

At least elaborate further lol :eh:
I just edited a spelling mistake

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

My bad lol

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla has been easily able to throw fists and have the complete advantage with monsters weighing 80,000 tons like Wargilgar and Spyler, as well as the 91,000 ton Zandora.

What would suggest GFW kaiju are anything but fodder. Kamacuras was gently thrown into a pylon and was impaled. Compare this to Showa Kamacuras which could withstand the atomic breath as well as repeated beatings.

And no, Godzilla by the mid 70s would not lose to Ghidorah in a 1v1. The speed, strength, durability, endurance and intelligence of Godzilla has increased, and like we saw in GvG, the weaker Godzilla was able to own Ghidorah in a 1v1 setting.
For Emperor and Empire!

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm Godzilla has been easily able to throw fists and have the complete advantage with monsters weighing 80,000 tons like Wargilgar and Spyler, as well as the 91,000 ton Zandora.

What would suggest GFW kaiju are anything but fodder. Kamacuras was gently thrown into a pylon and was impaled. Compare this to Showa Kamacuras which could withstand the atomic breath as well as repeated beatings.

And no, Godzilla by the mid 70s would not lose to Ghidorah in a 1v1. The speed, strength, durability, endurance and intelligence of Godzilla has increased, and like we saw in GvG, the weaker Godzilla was able to own Ghidorah in a 1v1 setting.
And FW was able to throw KG who was 100,000 tons and sent a monster 3x the weight of Showa flying. Could you perhaps site some episodes I can look at in which these fights happen? Again I haven't seen Zone Fighter, so it's not a challenge I just would like to see Showa preform the way you describe.

Kamacuras was sent flying into the pylon with the entire force of Godzilla’s tail being whipped at Mach Speed.... How can you use a similar argument in one thread that you, yourself call disingenuous and then use it in another? I guess by this logic the MUTO in the other thread is canon fodder.(just poking fun)While most are featless and only their real showings are them getting bested by FW I just think it's the same logic that StromTroopers suck because all we ever see is them being bad. When they're still a deadly fighting force. With that said I see most of FW monsters just like their previous versions. But I understand if you don't agree with this idea.

But he needed help in Dam, and late 70s Showa IS DaM Gogji. So KG was still a big enough threat that a amped up Godzilla and the rest of Toho's catalog of monsters to beat. In Vs. Gigan, a quick glance through the movie again:
  • Godzilla by himself tackled KG down with KG imminently getting back up
  • Held down his necks so Angurius could knock him down and only then was he able to stomp on his neck.
Are these two examples really Showa owning KG? Besides a ineffective tackle, it came down to the traditional vs KG setting, and that is a X vs 1 situation. Godzilla simply was not owning KG in Vs. Gigan.
Last edited by Houndoom on Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Houndoom wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm Godzilla has been easily able to throw fists and have the complete advantage with monsters weighing 80,000 tons like Wargilgar and Spyler, as well as the 91,000 ton Zandora.

And FW was able to throw KG who was 100,000 tons and sent a monster 3x the weight of Showa flying. Could you perhaps site some episodes I can look at in which these fights happen? Again I haven't seen Zone Fighter, so it's not a challenge I just would like to see Showa preform the way you describe.

Kamacuras was sent flying into the pylon with the entire force of Godzilla’s tail being whipped at Mach Speed.... How can you use a similar argument in one thread that you, yourself call disingenuous and then use it in another? I guess by this logic the MUTO in the other thread is canon fodder.(just poking fun)While most are featless and only their real showings are them getting bested by FW I just think it's the same logic that StromTroopers suck because all we ever see is them being bad. When they're still a deadly fighting force. With that said I see most of FW monsters just like their previous versions. But I understand if you don't agree with this idea.

But he needed help in Dam, and late 70s Showa IS DaM Gogji. So KG was still a big enough threat that a amped up Godzilla and the rest of Toho's catalog of monsters to beat. In Vs. Gigan, a quick glance through the movie again:
  • Held down his necks so Angurius could knock him down and only then was he able to stomp on his neck.
Are these two examples really Showa owning KG? Besides a ineffective tackle, it came down to the traditional vs KG setting, and that is a X vs 1 situation. Godzilla simply was not owning KG in Vs. Gigan.
The 55,000 ton GFW lifting and throwing a 100,000 ton monster is less impressive than a 20,000 ton monster throwing 40,000, 48,000, and easily knocking 80,000-90,000 ton monsters around.I believe you can watch ZF episodes on YouTube, but Godzilla clips from that show are quite easy to find.

What I just highlighted is just straight wrong. Kamacuras was not “sent flying into the pylon by the entire force of Godzilla’s tail being whipped at Mach Speeds”. You can watch the clip I link here. Kamacuras was lightly thrown. You’re either not familiar with what you’re talking about or you’re just making stuff up.

Nothing shown ever proves that the FW kaiju are just like their previous versions. They have no durability feats, they’re vastly less intelligent, and they have no skill.

Godzilla needing help in Destroy All Monsters… do we know that for sure? KG came into Godzilla’s turf, and landed in the middle of his entire gang. Of course multiple monsters would gang up on him. At not one point in DAM was Godzilla ever in trouble from KG. GvG I definitely over exaggerated. But once the mind control was gone, both KG and Gigan couldn’t do shit to Godzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Voyager wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:23 pm
Houndoom wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm

The 55,000 ton GFW lifting and throwing a 100,000 ton monster is less impressive than a 20,000 ton monster throwing 40,000, 48,000, and easily knocking 80,000-90,000 ton monsters around.I believe you can watch ZF episodes on YouTube, but Godzilla clips from that show are quite easy to find.

What I just highlighted is just straight wrong. Kamacuras was not “sent flying into the pylon by the entire force of Godzilla’s tail being whipped at Mach Speeds”. You can watch the clip I link here. Kamacuras was lightly thrown. You’re either not familiar with what you’re talking about or you’re just making stuff up.

Nothing shown ever proves that the FW kaiju are just like their previous versions. They have no durability feats, they’re vastly less intelligent, and they have no skill.

Godzilla needing help in Destroy All Monsters… do we know that for sure? KG came into Godzilla’s turf, and landed in the middle of his entire gang. Of course multiple monsters would gang up on him. At not one point in DAM was Godzilla ever in trouble from KG. GvG I definitely over exaggerated. But once the mind control was gone, both KG and Gigan couldn’t do poop to Godzilla.
Again I'm not challenging the idea, nor saying the show is hard to find. I'm asking for the episodes so I can see the specific moments you're talking about. Doubt anything comes up if I search Showa Godzilla vs. 90,000 ton monster. The burden of proof is simply on you, unless you expect me to take a break from this topic to go watch 26 episodes of Zone Fighter. Also I'm not even denying he's strong, just that in terms of weight, FW has dealt with more. While we're on the subject, with Showa being 20,000 I think it'll be worse for him being so light. A single tail whip sent 60,000 ton Anguirus flying, and whose beam was capable of sending the likes of Ebirah(50,000 tons) and Hedorah(70,000 tons) hundreds of meters into the air and was able to push them both at once together. While his showings are impressive, he's a feather weight and it will come into play at some point in the fight.

No no, my comment was more or less a joke, hence the "(just poking fun)" comment that you seem to have ignored or you may have read that one part and stopped there. Regardless it's a similar scenario between to bugs. Instead of hit he was thrown at mach speeds. I'd say it's also difficult to judge what a monsters light throw would even look like if they're supposed to be moving a mach speeds at their size. And I guess I too was being over dramatic since we can just say that when something doesn't add up for one of us.

It's mostly presumptions I'll admit, I just find you being overly dismissive of the idea because a character was able to man handle them. But when Showa apparently rocks Zone Fighter monsters it's fine. Apparently when Showa fights a single monster a movie or show he's fighting for hours on end. I'd also like to note I'm sure being under mind control would effect the perception of intelligence.

Because previous movies would suggest so. If post Zone Fighter Showa was that much stronger he would have had a bigger impact on the fight then he did. Again on mind control, I would argue because it's a common trope of "what where am I" in movies with mind control when people snap out of it, both monsters were dazed and confused. By that time though the two were already ganging up on KG though. Yes and he was particularly in danger, none of them were specifically in danger, they simply all were.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla vs Wargilgar and Spyler, who are both 80,000 tons.

Godzilla vs Zandora, who is 90,000 Tons

Hopefully this satisfies you. In both clips Godzilla is easily throwing these guys around.

And also, you made the point of Godzilla being so light it’d be a burden, but Heisei scaling scales him up to roughly the same stats as FW Godzilla himself, no? FW =, even if heavier by at most 15,000 tons would still be easy enough to knock around and throw.
For Emperor and Empire!

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Post by Houndoom »

Voyager wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:56 pm Godzilla vs Wargilgar and Spyler, who are both 80,000 tons.
Godzilla vs Zandora, who is 90,000 Tons

Hopefully this satisfies you. In both clips Godzilla is easily throwing these guys around.

And also, you made the point of Godzilla being so light it’d be a burden, but Heisei scaling scales him up to roughly the same stats as FW Godzilla himself, no? FW =, even if heavier by at most 15,000 tons would still be easy enough to knock around and throw.
Awesome I appreciate it! Yeah there is no denying he would be on par then with FW in striking strength. And truthfully I thought scaling meant just size.

While I can accept that they could equally trade blows, FW still has the durability(tanking a city level explosion) and better beam(reasons stated earlier)