The Galactic Empire vs. Arachnids

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

The Galactic Empire vs. Arachnids

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The Galactic Empire

vs.

Arachnids

This is a test FM to collect information for an in-progress tournament proposal.

Rules:
[*]The Empire has access to the following:
- 10,000 Stormtroopers
- 1000 Death Troopers
- 100 AT-STs
- 100 TIE Fighters
- 10 AT-ATs
[*]The Arachnids have access to the following:
- 10,000 Warrior Bugs
- 500 Tanker Bugs
- 500 Scorpion Bugs
- 100 Plasma Bugs
- 100 Hopper Bugs
[*]Battle is upon one faction is defeated (death or retreat).
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Galactic Empire vs. Arachnids

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The Arachnids likely dominate. The Warrior Bugs can handle blaster fire long enough to close the distance, at which point one of them can shred through a handful of troopers. The Tanker Bugs can bulldoze over just about everything, spraying fire that’ll be hellacious on anything except the AT-ATs, and the AT-ATs won’t last long against the onslaught coming at them here.

The main issue for the Empire is that their individual units aren’t as strong as the Arachnids individual units. The Warrior Bugs can handle sustained machine gun fire for several seconds before falling, and have the strength to rip a cow apart with ease, and they’re just the troops.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The good news for the Stormtroopers is that the Arachnids don't have plot armor, so they're not going to be missing their shots on them. The bad news is, as GvR said, they are TANKY and are going to rip through the Empire's forces like candy, never mind the bombardment from the Plasma Bugs will decimate whatever they hit. AT-AT's are kinda crap at being anything but having a menacing presence...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The ground battle is going to be a fucking slaughter in favor of the Arachnids. The air battle is a bit trickier since the bugs don't have a real answer to the TIE Fighters, but the amount of Plasma and Tanker bugs ensures that the TIEs are going to be the only ones left, and it's only a matter of time before a Plasma bug gets a lucky shot.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The Bugs win the ground war, but not without taking significant casualties, and a lot of survivors are going to be wounded. At that point, I think the TIE Fighters can probably mop up, though the Plasma Bugs will knock some of them down before it's over.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, when it comes to armies vs. armies, there's not too many that are going to out do the Arachnids. Unlike other armies, they don't suffer from the conservation of ninjutsu trope like other swarm monsters (See Aliens). IE: One Arachnid is deadly. A hundred of them is a hundred times more deadly. The Warriors will outright slaughter everything in their path, all the way up to the AT-ATs. Now they might not take down ALL the AT-ATs, but they would be a massive hindrance to their movement. Ever see ants tear apart a scorpion? It's like that.

Add the big Tankers and Plasma Bugs into the mix, with air support from Hoppers... The only hope the Empire has is the Tie Fighters, but at that point... I just don't see it.

The ONLY way the Empire beats the bugs is by destroying the planet with the Death Star.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?