Triceratops vs Torosaurus

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Triceratops vs Torosaurus

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Rather than do your typical dino match-up like T-Rex vs Giganotosaurus or something of the like, I instead had the idea of a scenario of something that maybe could've happened in real life, between two very similar dinosaurs that lived at the same place and time.

Triceratops Horridus

VS

Torosaurus Latus

Rules: Adult male Triceratops; adult male Torosaurus; both animals are healthy; retreat is a valid option.

Battleground: Cretaceous Hell Creek, Montana.

Verdict: I'm honestly abstaining here, due to how similar these animals are in both size and function. I've heard some sources say that Triceratops is overall larger, but others seem to say they're similar in size. I'm not sure if the Torosaurus' larger skull will be a liability or advantage here.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Triceratops vs Torosaurus

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

They both go about their day and ignore each other.

Maybe one gets too close and they angrily show off with each other until one backs down.

There's really no reason for them to fight and with retreat an option, no reason for them to come to blows.

Added in 42 seconds:
I WILL say I appreciate this concept. I'm so sick to death of predator-predator prehistoric animals fantasy matches.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

"Morning Phil."
"Morning Frank."
_the two certatopsians grunt as they walk off in different ways, looking for food_
-FIN-
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am They both go about their day and ignore each other.

Maybe one gets too close and they angrily show off with each other until one backs down.

There's really no reason for them to fight and with retreat an option, no reason for them to come to blows.

Added in 42 seconds:
I WILL say I appreciate this concept. I'm so sick to death of predator-predator prehistoric animals fantasy matches.
I wouldn't say that...
Have you seen what happens when african megafauna interact?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:49 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am They both go about their day and ignore each other.

Added in 42 seconds:
I wouldn't say that...
Have you seen what happens when african megafauna interact?
...you have a point but even there, there's points where the threat of injury is too much and the other animal flees. And that would def happen before any lasting injury here.

RIP Evan.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

They're happily married, and though they might bicker in public like the old couple they are, they'd never even consider deliberately harming each other.

Jokes aside, this is one of those fights where it really depends on the individuals themselves. Triceratops and Torosaurus are pretty similar animals that are comparable in size, so it seems pretty 50/50 imo.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 pm They're happily married, and though they might bicker in public like the old couple they are, they'd never even consider deliberately harming each other.
Alright. Debate done. This is the best outcome possible. Thank you, and goodnight.

I was originally gonna write something since I thought it was Torvosaurus and not Torosaurus. But in this case, it’s hard to judge. They’re two massive herbivores but neither has a distinct size or temperament advantage (that we know of). With retreating being an option, I feel it’ll end with the two sizing each other up, maybe a small clash if they’re particularly aggressive or territorial, but nothing that gets nasty.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.