Godzilla vs. Hedorah: Round 2

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Godzilla vs. Hedorah: Round 2

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla (Millennium; Final Wars) vs. Hedorah (Showa)

Links to Bios:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_mill5.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/hedorah_showa.htm#71

Verdict: Godzilla should be able to beat up Hedorah since its the insides of Hedorah are the things to watch out for (something I realized when this match crossed my mind). However, given the circumstances needed for brute force to work, Godzilla can beat Hedorah around but he can't bring him down that way and the noxious smoke and burning insides from his strikes will wear on him. Luckily, he does have a rather effective atomic breath, one much more effective than the Godzilla he fought since it destroys kaiju in single shots. Hedorah will be a stubborn little booger, but I can't really see him winning... :g2k: vs. :Hedorah:

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Godzilla vs. Hedorah: Round 2

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hedorah SLAUGHTERS.

The only thing Godzilla has that mildly hurts Hedorah is the heat effect of his beam burning Hedorah. Final Wars has no examples of heat to his beam so its all physical, melee for him and as the film shows, those attacks hurt Godzilla more then they hurt Hedorah.

RIP Evan.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I say Godzilla. Final Wars Godzilla's feats in durability exceed his Showa counterpart so I think Hedorah's acid is far less effective especially since he almost certainly can regenerate. Still Hedorah is very durable without exploiting it's weakness. So this will be a long battle. Furthermore GFW is very intelligent and will figure out the best way to take down this creature.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Zasraniec wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:54 pm I think Hedorah's acid is far less effective especially since he almost certainly can regenerate.
Almost Certainly? If he's not shown to regen I don't think he can regen. IIRC he doesn't once use regen during the film. Hedorah's acid will still be very effective.
Zasraniec wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:54 pmFurthermore GFW is very intelligent and will figure out the best way to take down this creature.
Is he though? I guess you could make that argument due to the 3v1, but he mostly just charges into a battle headfirst and doesn't think it through (see the Monster X fight). That strategy will not go down well for him here.
For Emperor and Empire!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Almost Certainly? If he's not shown to regen I don't think he can regen. IIRC he doesn't once use regen during the film. Hedorah's acid will still be very effective.
Considering one of Godzilla's most key abilities is regeneration I would say he can. We haven't seem him bleed or anything which is probably why. I also didn't say Hedorah's acid will be completely ineffective. It will probably get a rise out of Godzilla but I don't think it will be anywhere near as devastating as it was to our Showa counterpart.
Is he though? I guess you could make that argument due to the 3v1, but he mostly just charges into a battle headfirst and doesn't think it through (see the Monster X fight). That strategy will not go down well for him here.
Godzilla has changed his strategy when the situation calls for. He flushed out Kamacuras, waited for the right moment with Kumonga, and showed an awesomely cheesy strategy when fighting Anguirus, Rodan, and King Caesar.