The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by Chrispy_G »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:25 am Rexy already destroyed the Spinosaurus skeleton in JW. That was enough of a nod, you know? Bringing the Spino back just to be beaten would feel artificial and petty. It's been 20 years, just let it go at this point.
I'll NEVER let it go :D

Dominion won't be a letdown if it DOESN'T have it....but considering that they almost did it in Fallen Kingdom, I get a feeling they might go for it in Dominion. If they do, awesome, if they don't...I won't lose sleep.

If it were up to me though...I'd probably work it in. Sure, cheap fan-service...but there is a place for that when done well enough.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's the twist. Spino shows up and saves Rexy from the
Spoiler:
Giga
and then the Cosmos appear and say they've become friends.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:57 pm Here's the twist. Spino shows up and saves Rexy from the
Spoiler:
Giga
and then the Cosmos appear and day they've become friends.
You joke, but I'd actually much rather see the spino and rex team up than have them fight again to satisfy some petty fans.

Added in 47 seconds:
Chrispy_G wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am I don't get it? Who wouldn't want the Rex to get some revenge?
Me, for one.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I'd be all for spino to come back, to kick more rex ass haha.
But really I want to see spino and Rexy take down Giga together. Heck add a Carcharodontosaurus to Giga's side.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I'd prefer to watch an actual Jurassic Park movie, not Jurassic Fight Club.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:21 am I'd prefer to watch an actual Jurassic Park movie, not Jurassic Fight Club.
I mean...would you say that about...."T-Rex attacks 3 Raptors" in the first film? About the T-Rex vs Spino in the 3rd film? About the T-Rex vs the Indo in JW or about Blue vs the Indo in Fallen Kingdom.

"Nope, a dinosaur fighting/killing another dinosaur? That just immediately strips the film of all merit and turns it into "Jurassic Fight Club" and the entire thing is dismissed."

Come on, we're talking about a 2 hour movie. There would be nothing wrong with a little shameless fanservice of Rexy taking out a Spino. Sure, a little meta, a little on the nose...but far from something that would ruin or diminish the movie, and executed well...it could become a fan favorite moment.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Comment deleted

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
Chrispy_G wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:21 am I'd prefer to watch an actual Jurassic Park movie, not Jurassic Fight Club.
I mean...would you say that about...."T-Rex attacks 3 Raptors" in the first film?
Act, she only killed two.
Last edited by Leviarex on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:25 am Rexy already destroyed the Spinosaurus skeleton in JW. That was enough of a nod, you know? Bringing the Spino back just to be beaten would feel artificial and petty. It's been 20 years, just let it go at this point.
Why not? People till this day still complain over Mr.Freeze spouting puns, Jar Jar Binks and heck, even GINO.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:44 am

Why not? People till this day still complain over Mr.Freeze spouting puns, Jar Jar Binks and heck, even GINO.
Because still throwing a fit at something that old just makes you look immature as a person no matter what the subject matter is.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Yes, and those people are silly.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:07 am
Yes, and those people are silly.
And while they're complaining, it's more just complain about it in the context of the film, no one outside of silly weirdos are still clamoring for changes to the Canon because enough time has passed that it doesn't matter to the franchise any more

RIP Evan.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Yeah...not over here asking for some twenty minute beatdown of Rexy vs a small army of Spinos. I don't NEED it to be in the movie, I don't need the movie based around it.

But good lordy, these are entertaining movies about dinosaurs...and it would be awfully entertaining to see a T-Rex take out a Spino. But I guess I'm just being a bitter, frothing at the mouth, unreasonable fanboy for a mere "Remember when people didn't like THAT, well they could make up for it with THIS" comment.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:20 pmBut I guess I'm just being a bitter, frothing at the mouth, unreasonable fanboy
Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery.

:P ;)
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

A while back I watched a guy try to claim that Lightyear was gonna decimate Domjnion at the box office.

Even r/boxoffice who has a history of severely underestimating these movies laughed at him
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:40 pm A while back I watched a guy try to claim that Lightyear was gonna decimate Domjnion at the box office.

Even r/boxoffice who has a history of severely underestimating these movies laughed at him
If I smoked what that guy was on, I don't think I would ever be stressed again in my life.

Or be able to think coherently again for that matter.

RIP Evan.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Hey Jurassic Fight Club is awesome

Anyway so yeah, I really don't want to see a Rex Vs. Spino fight happen because "We must have muh rematch" we've already had Rexy take down Indominus and go on a rampage in Fallen Kingdom we don't need Spino to get beat "Just because"

I'm much more interested in other Dinos getting the spotlight alongside Rexy than forcing a pointless slight to the third movie when its a dead bloody horse. Bring the Spino back and let it stand on his own without a pointless power scale

I mean let Horner go man, Baker's already screwed with him what with the new T-Rex finds he doesn't need anymore torment, lol
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

ROMG4 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:29 pm
Hey Jurassic Fight Club is awesome

No, no, no, no, no.

No.

...no.

Anyway so yeah, I really don't want to see a Rex Vs. Spino fight happen because "We must have muh rematch" we've already had Rexy take down Indominus and go on a rampage in Fallen Kingdom we don't need Spino to get beat "Just because"

I'm much more interested in other Dinos getting the spotlight alongside Rexy than forcing a pointless slight to the third movie when its a dead bloody horse. Bring the Spino back and let it stand on his own without a pointless power scale
Agreed totally. I want to see dinosaurs not a knock off kaiju fight

RIP Evan.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I don't mind if they show the Spinosaurs as IMO it looked awesome. Would be cooler if they updated the look to reflect the recent discoveries. But you'd have to do it right. I could see it being very forced. Maybe a spino hybrid would work?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 pm No, no, no, no, no.
No.
...no.
No, Y O U
Leave my Dinosaur shows alone, Soggy!
shadowgigan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:34 pm I don't mind if they show the Spinosaurs as IMO it looked awesome. Would be cooler if they updated the look to reflect the recent discoveries. But you'd have to do it right. I could see it being very forced. Maybe a spino hybrid would work?
Spino's new models are so tentative nowadays I would be surprised if the new model lasts another year before a new one arises, any new JP depiction of Spino is probably going to be inaccurate in just a few years. So it would be better to stick with JP3 Spino

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ROMG4 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:58 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 pm No, no, no, no, no.
No.
...no.
No, Y O U
Leave my Dinosaur shows alone, Soggy!
shadowgigan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:34 pm I don't mind if they show the Spinosaurs as IMO it looked awesome. Would be cooler if they updated the look to reflect the recent discoveries. But you'd have to do it right. I could see it being very forced. Maybe a spino hybrid would work?
Spino's new models are so tentative nowadays I would be surprised if the new model lasts another year before a new one arises, any new JP depiction of Spino is probably going to be inaccurate in just a few years. So it would be better to stick with JP3 Spino
I just think it would look cool tbh.