The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by Voyager »

Honestly, as long as it’s respectful to the franchise, it’s entertaining, and is a conventionally good movie, I think I’ll like it. I don’t care how they portray the dinosaurs, since I’m not a stickler for paleontological accuracy in my Jurassic frickin’ Park movies. Seeing a predatory Therizino could be cool.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:36 pm At this point, I’m expecting a disappointment.
Well, yeah. Anybody expecting anything more than dumb popcorn entertainment is kidding themselves. That trailer said everything that needed to be said and more.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:41 pm Honestly, as long as it’s respectful to the franchise, it’s entertaining, and is a conventionally good movie, I think I’ll like it. I don’t care how they portray the dinosaurs, since I’m not a stickler for paleontological accuracy in my Jurassic frickin’ Park movies. Seeing a predatory Therizino could be cool.
Hervivors don't have to be predatory to be dangerous...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Spuro wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:10 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:41 pm Honestly, as long as it’s respectful to the franchise, it’s entertaining, and is a conventionally good movie, I think I’ll like it. I don’t care how they portray the dinosaurs, since I’m not a stickler for paleontological accuracy in my Jurassic frickin’ Park movies. Seeing a predatory Therizino could be cool.
Herbivores don't have to be predatory to be dangerous...
Right, because it's not like modern day moose, hippos, rhinos, elephants, kangaroos, koalas, or geese are highly temperamental and dangerous animals to be around and can and will cause severe harm, if not outright kill, a person for no other reason than being in a bad mood or being territorial.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone else think that either Rexy or Blue could die?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:02 pm Anyone else think that either Rexy or Blue could die?
Rexy certainly in her advanced age I'd be surprised if she still alive by the end. Blue will most likely live.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:07 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:02 pm Anyone else think that either Rexy or Blue could die?
Rexy certainly in her advanced age I'd be surprised if she still alive by the end. Blue will most likely live.
I'd say Blue is more likely now that they have Baby Blue to go with.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Colin said that he isn’t allowed to kill off rexy in an interview
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anyway, why would he? What purpose would it serve? You're killing the face of your franchise, and on top of that she's an animal with no concept of heroic sacrifice or anything like that. Nobody gains anything from a dead Rexy, other than maybe some degree of creative freedom in future entries.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

If you guys are going to talk leaks, could we get a spoiler thread please?
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Guys, please.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

No more leaks for JWD talk in here. We have a spoiler thread for that, and any further leak talk in here will be met with warnings.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

The only thing I'm expecting about Dominion is that the Dairy Queen tie-in will be better than the actual movie, much like Lost Kingdom's was. Everything about that movie was an utter joke, especially when they went to Canada and let the brat let all the monsters loose...because she's a clone. Of a daughter of a fanfiction OC clearly made as a lazy John Hammond expy.

It's something how the movie frames Running-In-Heels as anything but a contemptuous monster that caused yet another preventable series of deaths on an island that didn't need to exist to begin with, and that her suddenly taking some heel-turn as some "environmentalist" for invasive species that will disrupt countless ecosystems isn't anything but ironic. But somehow, selling these abominations as toys or weapons is wrong, but exploiting them for consumerist profit with very little safety protocols in place is alright? Like how the first Jurassic World said that raising military raptors was bad somehow.

Even the villainness that freed King Ghidorah for "teh environmentz" has a fuller-fleshed reasoning for her insanity.

I wish they brought back gymnastics girl in this film and had her have a troupe of children doing all sorts of whacky gymnastics shit. Even throw in Simone Biles and Mckayla Maroney[ with her unimpressed face] as her daughters to drive home how crazy this is. Why even pretend any pretense of giving a fuck and being low-scale, when you can make it as fun and insane as it could be.

Or just cut out the entire Canada subplot and have some incident leak of dinosaurs on the mainland lead to them escaping and becoming an invasive species, firmly turning the protagonists into the villains. That would be extremely refreshing having the protagonists become hated land have to restore their standings than being the designated appointed people who suffer zero consequences for their actions.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Bigdog wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:01 pm The only thing I'm expecting about Dominion is that the Dairy Queen tie-in will be better than the actual movie, much like Lost Kingdom's was. Everything about that movie was an utter joke, especially when they went to Canada and let the brat let all the monsters loose...because she's a clone. Of a daughter of a fanfiction OC clearly made as a lazy John Hammond expy.

It's something how the movie frames Running-In-Heels as anything but a contemptuous monster that caused yet another preventable series of deaths on an island that didn't need to exist to begin with, and that her suddenly taking some heel-turn as some "environmentalist" for invasive species that will disrupt countless ecosystems isn't anything but ironic. But somehow, selling these abominations as toys or weapons is wrong, but exploiting them for consumerist profit with very little safety protocols in place is alright? Like how the first Jurassic World said that raising military raptors was bad somehow.

Even the villainness that freed King Ghidorah for "teh environmentz" has a fuller-fleshed reasoning for her insanity.

I wish they brought back gymnastics girl in this film and had her have a troupe of children doing all sorts of whacky gymnastics shit. Even throw in Simone Biles and Mckayla Maroney[ with her unimpressed face] as her daughters to drive home how crazy this is. Why even pretend any pretense of giving a fuck and being low-scale, when you can make it as fun and insane as it could be.

Or just cut out the entire Canada subplot and have some incident leak of dinosaurs on the mainland lead to them escaping and becoming an invasive species, firmly turning the protagonists into the villains. That would be extremely refreshing having the protagonists become hated land have to restore their standings than being the designated appointed people who suffer zero consequences for their actions.
Just an FYI, Lockwood Manor is in California, not in Canada.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Giratina93 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:30 pm Just an FYI, Lockwood Manor is in California, not in Canada.
We're assimilating California. It'll become our 14th province by June 10th.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I thought according to Brandon Tenold , that Canada was the Fifty- First state ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Screw the naysayers; I love what I'm seeing in the trailer. And regardless of flaws, I expect to get more than my fair share of enjoyment out of this movie. Though I know I speak for most of the fandom when I say the Mesozoic prologue should be left in it.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Giratina93 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:28 pm
Right, because it's not like modern day moose, hippos, rhinos, elephants, kangaroos, koalas, or geese are highly temperamental and dangerous animals to be around and can and will cause severe harm, if not outright kill, a person for no other reason than being in a bad mood or being territorial.
This guy! This guy gets it! ^

The herbivores get way too undermined. They should be treated with far more caution than the already-dangerous carnivores.

Especially sauropods... ... ...
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:56 pm

The herbivores get way too undermined. They should be treated with far more caution than the already-dangerous carnivores.

Ever see a hiefer kick in a barn door ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The One and Only wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:30 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:56 pm

Ever see a hiefer kick in a barn door ?
I haven’t, and I haven’t even heard of a heifer until now, but I don’t doubt you. 🐄
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image