Rob Zombie's The Munsters

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Rob Zombie's The Munsters

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Didn't see a thread.

This trailer has been generating enormous amounts of negativity. It's not hard to see how cheap it looks.

But I think i'm actually buying into this. The backlash has really peaked my curiosity to see it and how bad it might actually be. But I do love The Munsters and Z-Grade movies, so i'm sure that plays into it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=809LRTgwWKI

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Rob Zombie's The Munsters

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

... Wow. That was absolutely horrible.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Someone on another online space pointed out this would look much less terrible if the whole thing was in black and white. I sort of agree, I guess. Sherri is ok and the guy playing Grandpa is pretty close to spot on, but jeez the guy playing Herman doesn't really hit for me.
Never seen any Robert Zombert movies, but I've seen bits... I don't really know what to think.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

To be honest I went in with zero expectations but WOW that was terrible, that trailer was enough to make this a hard pass.

My fault though I should've expected it to be crap since it is Rob Zombie.

I'll stick with Syfy's Chucky series..... The first season was surprisingly great for the most part. Second season begins October 5th!

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Here's a version of the trailer in black and white for your consideration.

I think it does look pretty cool in black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw0EZLyqoaw

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Someone on YouTube had me laughing, they said the one time Rob Zombie probably should of had titties and violence in a film he doesn't do so.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

Black and white helps the trailer a teeny, tiny bit, but the audio is still a mess, the acting's atrocious (aside from Grandpa) and everything still feels really cheap. There are obvious green screen shots, etc.

I think Zombie is just like, you know, not talented. And you can usually hide that stuff in buckets of blood and strong genre performances from seasoned actors... But when it comes to the nuts and bolts of actually being able to compose a shot or coax good performances out of people... Maybe he just isn't that guy.

Supposedly this has a $40 million budget, but they must not have spent any money on the trailer at all. It looks fan made. The trailer, that is.

FWIW, I think the costumes and makeup all look good.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

They built the entirety of Mockingbird Lane in a location in Budapest for this movie.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I dunno, I'm into it. Yeah it looks cheap, yeah the casting isn't 1:1 perfect (except I think Grandpa's voice is eerily spot on). But I love the wacky color palette, I think it just looks fun and goofy which the original show was. At best, it'll never be as good as the show. At worst, it does nothing to hurt the show. Perfectly harmless film.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Wow and were in 2022. This looked like some kind of fan-made project.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Rob Zombie confirmed that this will be debuting on Netflix.

To be honest it has my curiosity but I think that's how I would prefer to see it.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The color version of it works better for me. The palette has a nice mix of color that fits a comedy.

Overall, I don't think I'll be watching this one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

They've released a second trailer already.

I think that's the quickest turnaround for a new trailer i've ever seen.

Why not open with an 'Oww my back' joke? Comedy Genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE0PUvgsKo

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So, anybody else going to comment about how this officially means Rob Zombie has dropped into direct to video territory.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I wasn't sure about 31, but it seemed to have gotten a few screens as a theatrical release.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:37 am So, anybody else going to comment about how this officially means Rob Zombie has dropped into direct to video territory.
He's debatably been that way for awhile.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:52 pm They've released a second trailer already.

I think that's the quickest turnaround for a new trailer i've ever seen.

Why not open with an 'Oww my back' joke? Comedy Genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE0PUvgsKo
Reminds me a bit of Mel Brooks Dracula film. The trailer starts with the count rising from the coffin, only to hit his head on the chandelier.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Rob Zombie's claiming that the budget for the movie was actually nowhere near $40 million dollars. The combined budget for most of his more recent movies wouldn't even add up to forty million. So he says.