Obscure Kaiju

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Sooploosh
Ronin

Re: Obscure Kaiju

Post by Sooploosh »

Guilala could potentially beat the 1954 Gojira in a fight.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Sooploosh wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:40 am Guilala could potentially beat the 1954 Gojira in a fight.
Considering 1954 is basically just Shin with less firepower, I can see it.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:38 am Well... I don't really "like" them, buuuuut if you want obscure.

Thunder of Gigantic Serpent, starring the monstrous Nozzler (think that was its name...).

KRONOS from... Kronos!

The Mighty Peking Man!

Still waiting on a DVD/BR release for the old 1998 cash-in, Gargantua.
I once saw a drawing that depicted Godzilla and Kronos facing one another. Kronos is an entertaining sci fi flick.

Another obscure one is Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds (1977).
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 pm
Sooploosh wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:40 am Guilala could potentially beat the 1954 Gojira in a fight.
Considering 1954 is basically just Shin with less firepower, I can see it.
well, Guilala could absorb power, so Gojira's atom breath would be useless, and Guilala can do that thing where he turns into a big ball of red. He was never killed, but he was reduced to a spore when his ability to absorb power was obstructed.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

I don't know if this counts as obscure, but does anybody know what the D.R.A.G.M.A. are?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Would Gorgo/Ogra and The Giant Behemoth kinda count?

The former being Britain's answer to Godzilla.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:31 pm Would Gorgo/Ogra and The Giant Behemoth kinda count?

The former being Britain's answer to Godzilla.
I don't really think they're obscure. I've legit never heard of any self-respecting kaiju fan that's been in the genre for a lil while never hearing of them. Same goes for guys like Guilala, Gappa and Reptilicus.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Sooploosh wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 am I don't know if this counts as obscure, but does anybody know what the D.R.A.G.M.A. are?
Yes. We had an entire topic on the Heisei page to discuss them and their episode.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

edgaguirus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:27 pm
Sooploosh wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:57 am I don't know if this counts as obscure, but does anybody know what the D.R.A.G.M.A. are?
Yes. We had an entire topic on the Heisei page to discuss them and their episode.
D.R.A.G.M.A. balls across your face lmao gottem.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m pretty sure everybody heard of Gameras famous nemesis gyaos

But has everybody heard of Neo Gyaos
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:55 am
Sooploosh wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:02 am Bagan isn't obscure, but he's very underrated. He was far stronger than destoroyah. :bagan:
He's pretty much known as the most overrated kaiju in the franchise, actually. Not even just here, but everywhere.
I've seen this kind of comment before, but where are you seeing talk of him? I don't see it on Twitter or FB, and I run a video game-themed channel on YouTube and he's rarely mentioned there as well.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:07 pm I’m pretty sure everybody heard of Gameras famous nemesis gyaos

From the video game Gamera 2000. In fact there's several bizarre mutant Gyaos in that game.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:16 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:07 pm I’m pretty sure everybody heard of Gameras famous nemesis gyaos

From the video game Gamera 2000. In fact there's several bizarre mutant Gyaos in that game.
Yeah you’re right, but I’m also surprised that there’s a small amount of Gamera video games that have been released even less that you get to play as him

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Space Gyaos are probably even more obscure. They appear in only one film and have a limited role to play.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

Does anyone know Gwoemul? Image

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

Has anyone seen "Howl From Beyond the Fog"? You can watch it here: htt ps:/ /watch .p lex.t v/movie/howl-from-beyond-the-fog Just remove the spaces.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

Does anybody know Gehara?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Sooploosh wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:47 am Has anyone seen "Howl From Beyond the Fog"? You can watch it here: htt ps:/ /watch .p lex.t v/movie/howl-from-beyond-the-fog Just remove the spaces.
I actually got the blu-ray and I really love that little short film. It's quite unique and very good.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Sooploosh
Ronin

Post by Sooploosh »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:53 pm
Sooploosh wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:47 am Has anyone seen "Howl From Beyond the Fog"? You can watch it here: htt ps:/ /watch .p lex.t v/movie/howl-from-beyond-the-fog Just remove the spaces.
I actually got the blu-ray and I really love that little short film. It's quite unique and very good.
Yeah. The idea of a blind kaiju who's friends with a blind girl is pretty cool.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Sooploosh wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:51 pm
Vakanai wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:53 pm
Yeah. The idea of a blind kaiju who's friends with a blind girl is pretty cool.
It got some flack by some for the use of puppets, and the type of puppets, but I kind of liked that too. Gave it a strange, exotic, dream-like quality. Kind of curious if it was representative of some historical puppet technique from Japan or not. Sadly I'm not in a position to really know.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.