Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

Post by gottatalktothefake »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 am
gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:24 pm Ok wait, so Hammond is getting retconned into an asshole
I take it you've never read the book.
Book and movie Hammond are different characters, and I prefer movie Hammond. Using a different continuity to justify a retcon in this one is disingenuous
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I am not going to be a happy camper if Dilophosaurus doesn't return.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Anguirus wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm I am not going to be a happy camper if Dilophosaurus doesn't return.
Not having Dilophosaurus would be a sin of Biblical proportions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:46 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 am
gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:24 pm Ok wait, so Hammond is getting retconned into an asshole
I take it you've never read the book.
Book and movie Hammond are different characters, and I prefer movie Hammond. Using a different continuity to justify a retcon in this one is disingenuous
Not being disingenuous, just thought the mentality was ironic and funny.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

That leaked plot snyopsis sounds like taking jumping the shark (especially the Hammond stuff) to a whole nother level but it's in line with what Trevorrow has been doing to the franchise so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering something was going on with Universal possibly losing the rights to Jurassic Park I wonder if the new more accurate designs and Jurassic World are a way around the rights issue.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 pm Considering something was going on with Universal possibly losing the rights to Jurassic Park I wonder if the new more accurate designs and Jurassic World are a way around the rights issue.
Wait, Universal was close to losing the rights?!

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

They better not be. I can't accept that, and if Disney gets the rights, it's all over. I can't imagine another company aside from Warnermedia getting the rights to what has been a staple of Universal for nearly 30 years. I like how this sounds personally.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I hope it happens, at least to allow another studio like HBO to make a proper (or at least more accurate) book adaptation as a miniseries. Love Universal's films but I really want something more book-focused, even if Crichton said the 1993 film was as close as it could get (disagree).

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 pm I hope it happens, at least to allow another studio like HBO to make a proper (or at least more accurate) book adaptation as a miniseries. Love Universal's films but I really want something more book-focused, even if Crichton said the 1993 film was as close as it could get (disagree).
Anywhere but Disney. That is my only condition. From both a moral and fan standpoint. Cannot stand that company. I've recently begun calling them Cockroach Inc.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
They stay around longer than wanted, are damn near unkillable, and spoil everything they touch to the point where it should be thrown away.

This has been your daily anti-disney session by yours truly.
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

...okay.

Anyway,
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 pm Considering something was going on with Universal possibly losing the rights to Jurassic Park I wonder if the new more accurate designs and Jurassic World are a way around the rights issue.
Depends on if they consider "Jurassic World" a separate IP from "Jurassic Park", especially when they sell merchandise for the latter under the former's name. Could cause a likeliness of confusion issue with whatever new studio takes the "Park" rights.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Anguirus wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm I am not going to be a happy camper if Dilophosaurus doesn't return.
I swear to god if the Dilophosaurus doesn’t come back there will be a fire throughout the world never seen before made by my rage

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:33 pm I hope it happens, at least to allow another studio like HBO to make a proper (or at least more accurate) book adaptation as a miniseries. Love Universal's films but I really want something more book-focused, even if Crichton said the 1993 film was as close as it could get (disagree).
That's what I heard the last time someone brought up is Jurassic World a way around Jurassic Park, I belive going back to Crichton's estate.

Second part of the ducussion was a more book accurate adaptation on HBO or Netflix potentially but you know how fans get.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Imo not enough people talking about how they'd be furious if Spinosaurus doesn't get featured again. Spino is more of a fan favorite than Dilo and it keeps getting considered and dropped. Dilo AT LEAST gets a hologram cameo in JW, Spino's irl skeleton gets disrespected by the T. rex because of the awesomebro rex stans threw a hissy fit after JP3. I'm half convinced that they'd bring Spino in just to have Giganotosaurus kill it handily and then the Teus Rex Machina cough I mean Rexy saves the day and kills the Giganotosaurus. Like damn dude, I liked the T. rex from JP1 as a Kid, but there are Other large theropods which deserve the spotlight for more than one film. Time to let Rexy go. New faces are needed for the series moving forward. As of fallen kingdom, the raptors and t rex have lost their sheen and I for one embrace a new direction. Camp Cretaceous is hopefully gonna go to Isla Sorna and bring the Spinosaurus back, but that's not enough. I wanna see the studio execs have the cojones to pull another JP3 and stick to their guns this time. Giganotosaurus is literally bigger than T. rex last I checked. He could be the new face. Or, maybe, Spinosaurus. I would hope going forward they have a new large theropod become the face every 2 movies. Should have been like "JP+TLW - T. rex, JP3+JW - Spinosaurus, FK+Dominion - Giga", etc. That way it stays fresh and you can phase out the old phase dinos after every 2 movies. Much like in Godzilla, I like evolution. And for a series like Jurassic Park, they ironically don't seem to like "evolution" very much. I've been over the high of the original ever since I saw my childhood dream realized in Jurassic World. Apologies if this seems ranty but this literally the first time I've ever really talked about Jurassic Park and my hopes and qualms with the series in depth in any conversation. I hope someone can engage with me and talk about their thoughts on this subject and what they'd want moving forward!

Added in 5 minutes 29 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 pm
That's what I heard the last time someone brought up is Jurassic World a way around Jurassic Park, I belive going back to Crichton's estate.

Second part of the ducussion was a more book accurate adaptation on HBO or Netflix potentially but you know how fans get.
If this ever happened I'd cream my pants. I love the books way more than the movie because I enjoy more adult themed shit. I can imagine Wu getting disemboweled by a raptor, Ed Regis getting torn up by the Juvenile rex, Hammond getting eaten by the Procompsognathus, the raft chase sequence all the other amazing parts of th book, and good lord imagine the adaptation of The Lost World!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Okay, so from all the leaks I’ve read, here are the new species set to appear.

Giganotosaurus
Deinonychus
Pyroraptor
Lystrosaurus?
Dimetrodon
Therizinosaurus
Quetzalcoatalus
Plesiosaur
Dimetrodon
Mirror Dino (Species currently unknown)
Moros
Iguanodon
Oviraptor
Dreadnought

One leak also mentioned smilodon, but I don’t personally believe it.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Deinonychus was apparently changed to Atrociraptor at some point in production.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Kaijucifer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 pm They better not be. I can't accept that, and if Disney gets the rights, it's all over. I can't imagine another company aside from Warnermedia getting the rights to what has been a staple of Universal for nearly 30 years. I like how this sounds personally.
Disney's Dinosaur and The Jungle Book were good films

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
I'm not liking the prologue it's totally inaccurate

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love Disney's Dinosaur!
Still, I would rather Universal keep the license. I think they are doing a great job. Where did y'all hear that they were at risk of losing the license anyway?

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 am
Kaijucifer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:19 pm They better not be. I can't accept that, and if Disney gets the rights, it's all over. I can't imagine another company aside from Warnermedia getting the rights to what has been a staple of Universal for nearly 30 years. I like how this sounds personally.

That was before Disney sold their souls to Satan(China) and started churning out lore breaking + woke garbage and milking cash cows for every single penny. What they did in the 90s-early 2000s is not how they are nowadays. Disney bad, M'kay...
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Kaijucifer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:56 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 am

That was before Disney sold their souls to Satan(China) and started churning out lore breaking + woke garbage and milking cash cows for every single penny. What they did in the 90s-early 2000s is not how they are nowadays. Disney bad, M'kay...
Fair enough but they honestly couldn't any worse than what Fox did with Walking With Dinosaurs