Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: Jurassic World Dominion SPOILER Thread

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Colin Trevorrow confirmed that T-Rex will battle Giga again in a rematch.

Quote : It was always part of the story. I really wanted to not just tell an origin story for the T-Rex that we love, but to really put into visual terms this story that we've been told for 30 years about how dinosaurs were made from DNA fossilized in amber. Sometimes we put a human face on things — I wanted to put a dinosaur’s face on things and see what actually went down. And now canonically we know that the dinosaur that we love, the T-Rex, was brutally murdered by the Giganotosaurus. And that's part of the story we're telling for the film."

link - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/j ... #gs.3mw8uk

Basically in the entire opening sequence, Giga brutally killing the T-Rex is the origin story for the Original T-Rex in JP... It dies, and a mosquito fly lands and sucks blood out of the wound and ends up incased in amber. It's rumored to be the same one that was in John Hammonds staff in the Original JP.

It's looking like this is Rexy's last film in the Jurassic series.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Oh great another monster theropod but I'll say it is interesting but to me Indomius will always be the ultimate theropod so I'm not cool with the idea of Giganotosaurus being this set up as a bigger threat then Indomius.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm Oh great another monster theropod but I'll say it is interesting but to me Indomius will always be the ultimate theropod so I'm not cool with the idea of Giganotosaurus being this set up as a bigger threat then Indomius.
Indominus was the equlivent of a little girl in a grown woman's body. The Giga is likely going to know where it fits in the world and how to operate.

Indominus didn't have natural instinct to help it as it was a new creature.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 pm It's looking like this is Rexy's last film in the Jurassic series.
I mean, hearing that bites, but.. girl's getting old. She can't keep on jugging the franchise along without her age getting the best of her at this point. It's time a new T-Rex becomes the face of the franchise.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm Oh great another monster theropod but I'll say it is interesting but to me Indomius will always be the ultimate theropod so I'm not cool with the idea of Giganotosaurus being this set up as a bigger threat then Indomius.
Think of it not as a ''bigger'' threat but an equal one. The T-Rex or any Dinosaur never stood a chance alone because I-Rex is basically a weapon. Even Spinosaurus in JP3 was portrayed more as a ''mutant'' then a actual Dinosaur or animal for that matter.

With Giga, if there going closer with more accurate Dinosaurs, the T-Rex has a 50/50 chance without outside interference.
Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 pm I mean, hearing that bites, but.. girl's getting old. She can't keep on jugging the franchise along without her age getting the best of her at this point. It's time a new T-Rex becomes the face of the franchise.
It makes me sad to think about but I agree, she is the face of the series but if done in a respectful way it can be fine. Hopefully she will leave a Legacy to carry on for future sequels.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Colin is contractually obligated to not kill Rexy or Blue.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Kaijucifer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:56 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 am

Disney's Dinosaur and The Jungle Book were good films

Added in 2 minutes 11 seconds:
I'm not liking the prologue it's totally inaccurate
That was before Disney sold their souls to Satan(China) and started churning out lore breaking + woke garbage and milking cash cows for every single penny. What they did in the 90s-early 2000s is not how they are nowadays. Disney bad, M'kay...
Fair enough but they honestly couldn't any worse than what Fox did with Walking With Dinosaurs
Fair enough.

Added in 7 minutes 5 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:29 pm Colin is contractually obligated to not kill Rexy or Blue.
Source? Either way, I hope this is the last film with a T. rex in it. I'm really tired of that being the big theropod face of the franchise. You just know when the T. rex roaring doesn't give you that feeling, that the magic is gone. Time for a new face.
"Meet the new boss! Same as the old boss!"
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I will be shocked if the T-Rex and Raptors weren't phased out after this movie. It honestly feels like a swan song for the old guard and the rise of the new guard.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

^ I wonder who the new "T. rex" will even be. I doubt the Giga's gonna live since it's basically confirmed to fight Rexy.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Forget Giga, I'm too busy trying to decide if I hate or love the Deinonychus squad

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm Forget Giga, I'm too busy trying to decide if I hate or love the Deinonychus squad

They're actually Atrociraptor now.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm Forget Giga, I'm too busy trying to decide if I hate or love the Deinonychus squad

Oh word?

Huh, that actually works better....

RIP Evan.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I was hoping for a Utahraptor

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fang from Primal is the new Rexy tbh, as long as the Dino King lives on in some way, shape, or form in modern media, I'm good with a new face of the franchise.

But let's not go acting like the Tyrannosaurus Rex is somehow overstaying its welcome in pop culture lol.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:24 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Oh word?

Huh, that actually works better....
Where did you hear they're Atrociraptor?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 pm Fang from Primal is the new Rexy tbh, as long as the Dino King lives on in some way, shape, or form in modern media, I'm good with a new face of the franchise.

But let's not go acting like the Tyrannosaurus Rex is somehow overstaying its welcome in pop culture lol.
Noooooo I need a new Dino that literally no one has ever heard of to be exaggerated to an obscene extent to somehow be more dangerous than a T. rex
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Honestly, I don't care whether it's Deinonychus, Atrociraptor, Achillobator, Ve-not-ciraptor, whatever. It looks good, I like.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Also, the source that said they rexy and blue cannot be killed off also predicted the day JWE would be announced months ago.

The dude is legit. So I wouldn’t get your hopes up for le fanboi tears

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 pm Fang from Primal is the new Rexy tbh, as long as the Dino King lives on in some way, shape, or form in modern media, I'm good with a new face of the franchise.

That's exactly how I feel though. When the T. rex is consistently used as a plot device in the past 2 movies, you know something is wrong. I dont feel that MAGIC that you got in the first two movies. "Oh we need something to fight this big hybrid dino, let's just throw the T. rex at it!" and then in FK they use the Rex in the dumbest of ways with no build up or tension. The longer the T. rex remains the face of the franchise, the less time to shine other large theropods have. Most end up as one offs like Spino.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Noooooo I need a new Dino that literally no one has ever heard of to be exaggerated to an obscene extent to somehow be more dangerous than a T. rex
The reason "no one has ever heard of" these Dinos is because T. rex gets all the attention in mainstream. In the paleo community, Giganotosaurus is well known, and made headlines in the late 90s as being "bigger than T. rex", which it still is, even if slightly.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Yeah, I have always had those same thoughts. The T Rex and Raptors really get too much attention in the series, time to dial it back a bit to let other dinosaurs get screen time.