Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by gvamp »

Did Mill Creek release their July line up yet? I would assume so since they are on August. I'd imagine we'd get something in September probably Taro with a R/B in October. Or maybe both Taro and R/B in September.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Apparently the Ace Blu-Rays are all temporarily out of stock, and the delivery estimate for mine is between the closing end of June to early July. I pre-ordered mine back in April alongside X, and I think it might have taken a little less longer to ship out than what it's giving me for Ace. Hopefully it's the same with this one. I know there's a pandemic going on and all, but I don't remember if this also happened with X when it released.
Last edited by Grimlock#1 on Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hm mine says unavailable too but don't have a date. I think it's a hiccup. Let's see in a day or so. Amazon orders have been slower due to to the virus.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

My copy of Ace has shipped from Deep Discount (along with X).

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Looks like copies were sent out. Matt Frank posted his copy.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

goji1986 wrote:Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday.
Same
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

There's one reviewer on Youtube who has the Ace set, so at least we know it exists...Not sure what's the deal with Amazon. yeah I pre-ordered mine 3+ weeks ago (just before the 2nd release date, not knowing it had been delayed yet again), and now Amazon just says its unavailable... :?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Ace (and X) have arrived!

... really looking forward to Ace, but with the 2+ month gap until the next release I think I'll save it a little while and watch X (one of my favs) and Geed.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

o.supreme wrote:There's one reviewer on Youtube who has the Ace set, so at least we know it exists...Not sure what's the deal with Amazon. yeah I pre-ordered mine 3+ weeks ago (just before the 2nd release date, not knowing it had been delayed yet again), and now Amazon just says its unavailable... :?
Apparently it's sold out almost everywhere
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Got my steelbook yesterday
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

PopInPicsPresents wrote: Apparently it's sold out almost everywhere
Kind of pointless to pre order then? I think this is definitely due to the Pandemic. X and Ace both had the same release date initially. Then Ace got pushed to May 12, then May 26.

No other title has sold out. I think Ace must have had a very short production when things were shut down. I assume they are back to work now, hopefully more copies will be entering retail soon
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I got my copy on Thursday pretty cool show so far. Really digging the episodes I've watched. I'm liking how they blend elements from Ultraman/Return of Ultraman and Ultraseven together.

Despite the obvious smaller budgets some of the monsters look really cool. I think my favorite so far has been Gallan.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

How much of the credits are translated in these releases? It would be nice to know the names of at least the two directors per episode without having to check Japanese Wiki pages. :P
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I've surrendered and ordered a steelbook since I see those are in stock. Just in case they don't make more of the standard one...I dunno they probably will. I'll still get a standard because I love that mural.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Terasawa wrote:How much of the credits are translated in these releases? It would be nice to know the names of at least the two directors per episode without having to check Japanese Wiki pages. :P

The episode guides in the booklets list episode writers and directors (though for Orb they're mistakenly flipped).

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I guess that's a fair compromise since you can't cleanly subtitle the song lyrics and the credits together.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ The episode guides are a godsend, even with the often poor translations (obvious that non-native English speakers wrote 'em). Just think how much help they'll be years from now when you're, for example, trying to find that one episode you half remember that you think was maybe from the '70s or something like that.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Finally got an update from Amazon. Not shipped yet, but expected to arrive this Friday 6/5. Any news is good news at this point 8-)

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I got an update too. 9-12 for me. So I canceled the steelbook order.