Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Saturndusk wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:I guess you can only make so many suits.

I started on Orb a couple days ago and I'm enjoying it so far. Having already watched a good eight or so Sentai series, the toyetic aspects of it don't faze me that much.
Budgetwise for the show. They have expanded other fusions in other media but they aren’t canon. Some cool stuff though.
I don't need a new fusion form every episode. 'Where's the episode with Leo-Tiga!? Jack and Nexus!? Or how about Zoffy and X!?'

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I had seen someone in a Facebook group share a similar post months ago when they asked someone who worked for Mill Creek. Good to know it seems to be coming
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Rody wrote:In related "news", Keith Aiken basically confirmed yesterday that the original Gridman series is coming to home video in the near future. Who's handling it, I don't know; but I would assume either Mill Creek or Funimation (the latter being the distributor for SSSS.GRIDMAN).

Fingers crossed that the translations aren’t as screwed up as the Toku release.
Last edited by Millenial88 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I think Tsuburaya has official translations on hand for the Ultra Series, which Mill Creek have been using for their discs. They might have something similar for Gridman.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’m wondering if they’ll do 1 or 2 releases for Ginga (S). Suppose we’ll find out soon enough but two seasons, a movie and a special seems to be the most stacked release for the New Generation era.

Shokara
Yojimbo

Post by Shokara »

I just finished watching Return of Ultraman, episode 17, "Monster Bird Terochilus - Big Air Raid of Tokyo" on Disc 2 of the Mill Creek Blu-ray set. It's been noted earlier by someone else on a different message board, but I'd also like to mention it here that there are issues with the English subtitles on this episode.

They are quite mistimed and not in proper synchronization. Virtually all of the subtitles, both for dialogue and text translations, are set either nearly a second or over a second too early, making them appear and disappear before they're supposed to. There are also many instances when subtitles are either on-screen too briefly or in a few scenes when subtitle timings get mixed up because the dialogue between characters is going by so fast. The scene starting at 00:03:20 on the video/disc player counter clock and ending at about 00:04:13 is a good example of those issues.

I know there's no guarantee that Mill Creek will fix these issues, but I feel it's important that we at least try and let them know about this. According to the other postings, this seems to be the only episode on this Blu-ray set with this level of issues with the subtitles. If there's the chance that Mill Creek will correct them and issue a disc replacement/exchange program then I think we should take it.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I'm really excited for the next announcements. I reckon they'll be Ultraman Taro and either R/B or the Zero trilogy?

I still haven't got over the newness of all this material becoming available. I get excited for each new announcement!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I want to check out Ace in I think two months. I enjoyed Orb and enjoying Geed I just hope each modern Ultra show doesn't do the 'Hero has base form then gets a strong form then a speed form...then a powerful fourth form then a final form.' I mean even then it's an enjoyable cliche so far. If I have to put up with that and still get a good show then fine.

Quick form talk from Orb and Geed...

Orb: Base form was alright, fire form alright, loved the blue speed one and Thunder Breaster. Orb form was a bit of a let down. Movie form was pretty neat.
Geed: I like the base form, love Burning Dynamite is great, Acro Smasher is pretty alright, I like the wrist blade, Magnificent looks cool but just doesn't wow me like Thunder Breaster.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Yeah I want to check out Ace in I think two months. I enjoyed Orb and enjoying Geed I just hope each modern Ultra show doesn't do the 'Hero has base form then gets a strong form then a speed form...then a powerful fourth form then a final form.' I mean even then it's an enjoyable cliche so far. If I have to put up with that and still get a good show then fine.
That is pretty much every single modern ultra show - wait till R/B, which has TWO ultra heroes with multiple configurations.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Yeah I want to check out Ace in I think two months. I enjoyed Orb and enjoying Geed I just hope each modern Ultra show doesn't do the 'Hero has base form then gets a strong form then a speed form...then a powerful fourth form then a final form.' I mean even then it's an enjoyable cliche so far. If I have to put up with that and still get a good show then fine.

Quick form talk from Orb and Geed...

Orb: Base form was alright, fire form alright, loved the blue speed one and Thunder Breaster. Orb form was a bit of a let down. Movie form was pretty neat.
Geed: I like the base form, love Burning Dynamite is great, Acro Smasher is pretty alright, I like the wrist blade, Magnificent looks cool but just doesn't wow me like Thunder Breaster.
Good time to check out Orb: Origin Saga

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh I plan to. Hmm seems like Geed got his golden form way too soon after Magnificent. I do really enjoy this series but Orb has a leg up on handling the transformations after the initial three. For Orb these were important emotional and plot elements. Not to say Geed getting his cool caped golden form isn't important but well Orb getting his original powers back was a bigger deal...That said not a fan of Orb Origin's look.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I think Geed getting Royal Mega Master form fit story-wise for that point as the way it ends up playing out as I’m more disappointed with stuff that happens at the end.

Orb Origin is kind of underwhelming since the technical cooler forms are what we see with his base form being last is odd but that’s the issue with having a backstory in place that isn’t all that clear.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Return of Ultraman might be my favorite show so far. About 20 episodes in, and as someone who is primarily watching as a Kaiju fan I don't know of any other series besides Ultra Q that puts this much emphasis on the monsters! Ultraman and Ultraseven had more ambitious and artistically daring single episodes, but there's a consistency to Return that I just dig.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I a lot of these monsters are neat. Seamons and Seagorath were great. Just finished the two parter with the bird monster that spat webbing. It's like a pretty typical monster but adding the webbing that when combined with combustion turned it into a poison. That certainly spiced up a monster. I think Bemstar is next and that seems to be a popular one.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings All,

My apologies if this retreads old ground but I've been a bit out of the loop. I'm all up to date with Mill Creek releases so far. I just pre-ordered Ace which I know comes out next Tuesday (05/12/20)

Has there been any other dates announced yet? I know sometime last year, in their overall plan for 2020, they had spring/summer Blu Rays planned for Taro & Leo as well as R/B and Zero. But no exact dates had been attached to these last time I looked. Not sure of self quarantine slowed production at Millcreek or not. Any assistance is appreciated, as it would be nice to have more to look forward to.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Yeah, no new releases have been announced for the next couple of months after Ace. No reason given, but I imagine they may be keeping their schedule a bit lighter because of the situation.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Aw man. Hope they're just slowing down a little for now. I mean Leo I can watch at Toku but I don't think Taro has been officially translated. 80 is also on Toku. Still, even if I do watch Leo and 80 I still want to buy the Mill Creek physical copies. I want that mural completed!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Also tubi ( a free streaming site) has Leo, also a ton of other 80s cartoons, anime, and most of the super sentai
SF! has released. Not sure why Leo is the only Ultra show they have.

Too bad there has been no further news from Millcreek
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue May 05, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm thinking releases might be slightly delayed because of the global pandemic right now. I can't wait to get Ace next week so I'll take my time with that and not rush through it like I've done with the past release save for the modern stuff. I'm personally holding off watching the modern Ultraman stuff until I get their I want to watch the shows in order. I know they're standalone for the most part but still.

I'm really looking forward to Mill Creek releasing Ultraman Tiga on BD, its been ages since I've watched that one and barely remember it but from what I've seen I remember liking it.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^I'm also looking forward to revisting Tiga! I sold my DVDs of the series when I was a teen because I was never able to complete the set with the last volume, which I looked for high and low at any place that sold DVDs. Of course, a couple of years later I got onto online shopping and discovered that somehow online volume 4 was plentiful, while volume 3, which I did have, was rare! That last volume had the big finale, the iconic fight with evil Tiga, and team-up episode with the original Ultraman and Eiji Tsuburaya, so I'm very excited to see those for the first time at last!

I'm pretty familiar with the '90s/'00s period because of streaming the past couple of years, and am looking forward to owning those series as they're some of my favorites, but I have a special interest in seeing Dyna - as it has never been available here.