Primal (2019)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Primal (2019)

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:30 am https://twitter.com/thecartooncrave/sta ... 4889322503

Season 2 premieres this Summer!

Added in 13 minutes 40 seconds:
Personally I'm expecting the bronze-age Viking-themed civilization that The Scorpion comes from to be like that of 10,000 B.C. (2008).

Notably mammoths and triceratops used as beast of burdens.

This would also be cool as well.
Spoiler:
Maybe we'll even get giant scorpions given the name of The Scorpion. :D
Awesome news! Care to guess when we’ll get a trailer?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:56 pmAwesome news! Care to guess when we’ll get a trailer?
Guessing maybe April-May?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Would anyone care to speculate what kinds of adversaries Spear and Fang could be pitted against in Season 2?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:02 pm ^Would anyone care to speculate what kinds of adversaries Spear and Fang could be pitted against in Season 2?
Hoping while out at sea to rescue Mia, they have to deal with an albino livyatan melvillei.

Albino in reference to Moby Dick.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:04 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:02 pm ^Would anyone care to speculate what kinds of adversaries Spear and Fang could be pitted against in Season 2?
Hoping while out at sea to rescue Mia, they have to deal with an albino livyatan melvillei.

Albino in reference to Moby Dick.
Here's some ideas of my own :

Killer Plants
Killer Bees
An Alien
Giant Killer Worms

In addition, maybe a creature(s) they could end up siding with could be a A Mother Cave Bear and her cub that they have to help re-unite.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Personally I wanna see where that virus came from

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:22 pm Personally I wanna see where that virus came from
That's the thing with mainstream media. Half the time, they never reveal the source of a zombie-plague. We'll be lucky if they do.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Terrifying thought that the virus is still out there or whatever force that's unbalancing their world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Personally I think it wasn't a virus or disease in nature but rather something demonic and magical in origin.

Given the fact if it was a virus or disease, it would have been affecting many animals at the same time but instead passes onto another one before the previous host expires.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Season 2 trailer!!!

Mark your calendars. July 21st is the date.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Dracosaurian wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:46 am Season 2 trailer!!!

Mark your calendars. July 21st is the date.
It's about fucking time. Judging by the looks of it, I'm getting the vibes that this season may not be so episodic in nature as the last one. Also, I think there's a chance that tattooed priestess figure could be Mira from the season 1 finale.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Kinda disappointed too tho were not getting some 10,000 B.C. civilization using mammoths and triceratops as war beasts and men riding t-rexes or other theropods.
Spoiler:
Would had been cool.

I'm still excited regardless.

Still hoping for an episode where Spear and Fang has to deal with a territorial albino livyatan melvillei.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Looks exceptional. It really is the heir to the type of style Tartakovsky began with Samurai Jack. Visual, minimalist storytelling. It also feels EVEN more like the spiritual successor to a sort of Canon the Barbarian type of storytelling. If we get warlords, concubines, slave girls, henchmen, minions and demons and crap in this new season...we might be in for something glorious.

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/primal-s ... rs-eternal

A very choice quote that stood out to me, regarding season 2:
The biggest challenge of the second season was not to be cliche. When you're entering this genre, it's easy to go to what's been done. And initially, we went there and I hated it because it was the first pass and it was too easy. And it was wrong. I broke it all down and then we completely reimagined the second season. And because the storytelling was successful in the first season, I now decided to be more experimental. I don't want to say avant-garde, but it's slightly different in the way we're telling the stories. It still feels like Primal, but it definitely is the next step. When you're watching the first 10 episodes, I think there's an evolution of character and that definitely continues. I'm super excited about it. It's the best work I think I've done storytelling-wise because it's different. It's going to be a different experience amped up from the first season.
Makes me think the first iteration of Season 2 might have gone in the more expected "10,000 BC dinosaur/mammoths as beasts of burden culture" some might expect, but clearly they shot into another direction and even from the teaser we can see they are going to some wild places.

He talks about being somewhat historically/scientifically accurate, and he doesn't see this as a Lost World type of situation.

For me...the entire thing plays just as well, if not better, as just a pure fantasy. Yes, humans and dinosaurs, but we are also getting witches and ape-men in Hulk mode and gnarly giant bat creatures and massive cave spiders...and whatever the heck that MASSIVE thing was in the S2 teaser. So it all might as well be just considered this glorious pastiche of fantasy filmmaking, because it pretty much is that. I don't need to try and pretend that anything about this story is remotely feasible or plausible.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:42 pm Kinda disappointed too tho were not getting some 10,000 B.C. civilization using mammoths and triceratops as war beasts and men riding t-rexes or other theropods.
Spoiler:
I think its inevitable that will actually happen. It's just not shown in the trailer.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

A clip of Season 2!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:36 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:42 pm Kinda disappointed too tho were not getting some 10,000 B.C. civilization using mammoths and triceratops as war beasts and men riding t-rexes or other theropods.
Spoiler:
I think its inevitable that will actually happen. It's just not shown in the trailer.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Did anyone watch the first two episodes of season 2 last night? Man, they were GUUUUUD.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:45 am Did anyone watch the first two episodes of season 2 last night? Man, they were GUUUUUD.
Not yet.

I'm gonna wait until the entire season is out.

Might as well savor the hype while I'm at it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

God I fucking love this show so damn much. I haven't felt this much raw emotion from a series in many years.

It's also great that I have something to look forward to once a week for the next month and a half.

When this series ends this season like it's rumored to be I'm going to cry like a baby as long as they don't screw it up. I just hope they both make it through to the end.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:24 pmWhen this series ends this season like it's rumored to be I'm going to cry like a baby as long as they don't screw it up. I just hope they both make it through to the end.
No season 3?

Aw man, so much more worldbuilding they could do. Not just prehistoric beasties but also mythical creatures or even cryptids they could add.