Crawl - New Big Budget Killer Alligator Thriller

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Crawl - New Big Budget Killer Alligator Thriller

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Given Lion King is out now though is the another question how much more it'll make but given its box office so far we can safely say its made at least a profit. ;)

Gojira-Fan
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira-Fan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:54 pm

I went to see this with my Dad a few days ago. I found it a lot scarier than I had originally thought it would be (and I feel I'm pretty desensitized to horror movies). It got to the point that my Dad walked out of the theater (which, unfortunately meant I had to leave too). That is the only time I have ever walked out of a theater and I didn't even want to. :(

It's really too bad, too. I went to see it again today and my god I think I might have had the worst audience to have watched a movie with in recent memory. They were so goddamn loud and interrupted/riffed the movie a lot. This really killed any tension the movie would have otherwise had. I really questioned if they were 17 or older (my guess is they were 16 at best). Why the theater let kids under 17 unaccompanied by a parent or guardian into an R rated movie is really beyond me. I mean, there were like 7-10 of them. I think there were more people in the theater than when I went to see KotM opening night, which really surprised me.

Anyway, I think I liked the movie, but the audience really underwhelmed the experience for me. I might get this on Blu-ray when it comes out, just to have a more pure experience.

daveblackeye15
G-Grasper

Postby daveblackeye15 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm

Yeah it was a pretty fun movie. Though the end came a little quicker than I thought it would or expected an epilogue.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

MandaSaurus wrote:Actually, the budget wasn't very "big". $13.7 mil. as I recall. SMALL budget by Hollywood standards. But it has taken in over $33 mil. so far. Rotten Tomatoes approval rating is high, but then the critics aren't taking this as anything other than what it IS - an alligator horror movie. I think that the box office will peter out at between $40 and $50 mil. A good profit, and scary flicks tend to do well on home video...

Whoops! My mistake! Crawl is about to cross the $60 mil. mark! The Little Alligator Movie That Could... :huge:

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:41 am

MandaSaurus wrote:Whoops! My mistake! Crawl is about to cross the $60 mil. mark! The Little Alligator Movie That Could... :huge:

Any chance the movie has what it takes to reach 70 if not at least 65 or do you think 60 is as far as it'll get?

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Whoops! My mistake! Crawl is about to cross the $60 mil. mark! The Little Alligator Movie That Could... :huge:

Any chance the movie has what it takes to reach 70 if not at least 65 or do you think 60 is as far as it'll get?

Recent box office gains have been very small. It's slowing down. $65 mil. is possible, but I really doubt it will hit $70 mil.

Aaaannd the $60 mil. mark has been reached...

Added in 4 days 6 hours 33 minutes 34 seconds:
As of now, "Crawl" has hit $63.7 mil. Worldwide. $65 mil. is starting to look quite do-able...

As of now, $70.2 mil. worldwide. Damn. Wouldn't have thought it possible. Maybe it opened up in some other overseas markets...

EDIT: As of now, $83.5 mil. worldwide. Damn, this sucker continues to surprise at the Box Office...

Added in 2 months 6 days 2 hours 2 minutes 30 seconds:
I didn't believe it possible. As of this past weekend, Crawl has passed the $90 mil. mark...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Monster Manor”