Crawl - New Big Budget Killer Alligator Thriller

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Crawl - New Big Budget Killer Alligator Thriller

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Actually just came across the trailer on YouTube. Its got a decent cast and is executive produced by Sam Raimi. Looks kinda like a cross between The Shallows and Rouge with shades of Night of the Living Dead.

https://youtu.be/H6MLJG0RdDE
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Re: Crawl - New Big Budget Killer Crocodile Thriller

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Just let the doggo live...That's all I ask...:(

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Thu May 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Spoiler:
It's actually an alligator ;)
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Postby KillCrites » Thu May 02, 2019 5:39 pm

I love this premise so much, hope it's good!
why did i have to be the chosen one?

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu May 02, 2019 5:43 pm

The cinematography and premise is pretty appealing. The drips mixed into the theme was clever.

Wish they were bigger gators though, but I get the idea.
Sith Apprentice.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu May 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Love Alligators and Crocodiles, as there my favorite animals currently living. So any film with them in it I will watch good or bad.

That said, This looks like a fun time. I also enjoyed the directors other films like ''The Hills have Eyes, Horns and Piranha 3D''

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 pm

I also don't know why but I'm honestly feeling it that they'll pull either an Shark Night or The Meg with the dog seemingly dying but then show it having survive in the end.

I hope that's the case.

Especially given one of the images show the father and daughter supposedly outside with the father carrying the dog. Could be perhaps near the end of the film.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Fri May 03, 2019 3:40 am

As someone from the Florida and Alabama area, I always smile a little to see gators in the media. Kind of like having our own homegrown movie monsters.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Postby Can of Conspiracy » Fri May 03, 2019 5:53 am

On one hand I'm bored to tears with the "trapped in one location with a creature" premise and the hurricane twist has been done too (Burning Bright, pretty alright tiger flick) but I love Aja's previous work and that gator looked decent enough. Plus it's always nice to see animal attack stuff making it onto the big screen nowadays. I'll be there.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Surprised it isn't called Hurricroc or Allicane.

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:16 am

So it's just regular alligators going on some bizarre manhunt during a hurricane? It doesn't look like it would be worth spending money on at the theater. That shot of the girl holding the gator eggs with that dumb "My god... they're reproducing!" look on her face was pretty funny, though. Maybe on Netflix if I'm bored.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:22 pm

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:So it's just regular alligators going on some bizarre manhunt during a hurricane? It doesn't look like it would be worth spending money on at the theater. That shot of the girl holding the gator eggs with that dumb "My god... they're reproducing!" look on her face was pretty funny, though. Maybe on Netflix if I'm bored.

I think the alligators are protecting their nest rather than hunting prey. I'm guessing the hurricane washes the eggs into the basement of more likely the basement was already being used by the gators as a nesting spot before the hurricane arrived.

HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:44 pm

cloverfan98 wrote:
I think the alligators are protecting their nest rather than hunting prey. I'm guessing the hurricane washes the eggs into the basement of more likely the basement was already being used by the gators as a nesting spot before the hurricane arrived.

I might have thought so too if we hadn't seen other locations besides the house in the trailer. But I don't know.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:25 pm

So this is what Sam Raimi's been up to. Looks alright.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Postby gvamp » Sun May 05, 2019 7:23 pm

I'm not going to see it in theaters but I will check it out on home video. It has the same premise as the Australian horror movie Bait from 2012 except replace tsunami with hurricane and great white sharks with alligators. It should be fairly good though I did enjoy Aja's other films especially Piranha 3D.
optimum in mundi

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 am

It looks intriguing, but I don't expect this to have any more than a cult following at best. It might do okay numbers at the box office, but it won't be a huge hit.

Still, as a fan of any and all things kaiju/creature flicks, I'll probably see this at SOME point. Whether in the theater or on Redbox, I don't know.

I'd like to see a studio take a crack at a modern day werewolf film that gets a wide theatrical release, but Cursed flopping may have ruined any chance of that. If only Bob Weinstein hadn't skreeonked with Wes Craven's vision.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Mon May 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Looks pretty good actually. As a rule, most killer croc and gator movies tend to be of a higher quality in the Animal Horror genre. Not saying their master pieces or anything, but for what these types of films are the majority are better then say the majority of Shark, Snake and Spider movies.

JDG-00X Devil Gundam

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Mon May 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Alligator, Lake Placid, and Rogue are all pretty good. Alligator 2 isn't near as good as the original but it's at least watchable. The less said about the Syfy Lake Placid sequels the better.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Tue May 07, 2019 4:26 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Alligator, Lake Placid, and Rogue are all pretty good. Alligator 2 isn't near as good as the original but it's at least watchable. The less said about the Syfy Lake Placid sequels the better.

Going by my admittedly high tolerance for creature features.

Good - Alligator, Lake Placid, Black Water, Rogue and Primeval.

Okay - Eaten Alive/Death Trap, Crocodile, Alligator 2, Blood Surf, Dark Age and Dinocroc (bad cgi but is miles better then the trash we get these days)

Bad - Lake Placid sequels and any film connected to SYFY or Asylum, Giant Crocodile, Super Gator, Dino Croc vs Super Gator.

Not seen yet - Alligator 1979, Crocodile 2 Death Swamp, Killer Crocodile 1&2, The Brutal River, Croc, Million Dollar Crocodile and Hatching.
Last edited by Monster X on Tue May 07, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDG-00X Devil Gundam

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu May 09, 2019 3:41 am

I’ll admit when I heard the word “killer crocodile” film I sortve thought it would be your run of the mill bad big animal movie. Looking at the trailer now, and seeing the director, it has a unique look and idea which is awesome.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Return to “Monster Manor”